EATING CLEAN VERSUS EATING LESS

Options
Hi all, welcome to my experiment...

I will be eating almost 800 calories over what the suggested amount is for losing 2lbs a week

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

Lifestyle: sedentary

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

I believe I will still lose weight without starving myself because eating clean and burning fat is far different than eating junk and burning muscle... whats more I think I will lose more weight this way...

I will also be drinking approximation 120 ounces of water a day to help flush fat cells

I will be posting my diary link so that you can check it, I will be logging in every day, and weighing myself once a week...

I am excited to see these results!!!

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    *snort*
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you eat less than you burn, you will lose. If you eat more than you burn, no matter what you eat, you won't lose. Coz science.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I for one am excited to see how this turns out. I assume you will be weighing and measuring? And won't mind opening your diary and providing us with pictures of your supplies/meals for the sake of transparency and keeping us updated on your daily activity and workouts.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Post back in a month when you've not lost anything, k?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I will be eating almost 800 calories over what the suggested amount is for losing 2lbs a week

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

I believe I will still lose weight without starving myself because eating clean and burning fat is far different than eating junk and burning muscle... whats more I think I will lose more weight this way...

I will also be drinking approximation 120 ounces of water a day to help flush fat cells

I will be posting my diary link so that you can check it, I will be logging in every day, and weighing myself once a week...

That's nice dear

May I suggest you eat 1000 calories over your 2lb cut for a real experiment. Also ensure your TDEE is correct so you need to keep doing this until you hit your maintenance over a couple of months on regular food and then replace ...you know so that it is actually an experiment

Oh and fat cells don't flush away they kind of just empty
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    I for one am excited to see how this turns out. I assume you will be weighing and measuring? And won't mind opening your diary and providing us with pictures of your supplies/meals for the sake of transparency and keeping us updated on your daily activity and workouts.

Yes I I will be, I was just taking my measurements, and I want to post a pic but I am not sure in what just yet.... I am thinking maybe a really fitted dress....
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    Post back in a month when you've not lost anything, k?

I will be posting as much as I want, my thread, but thanks
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Oh noes

It's OUR thread

Cos that's the way the internet works

Good luck though :)
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    *unwraps her creme egg while waiting for the entertainment*
  • mama_to_6
    mama_to_6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This will be interesting and perhaps helpful to some...I don't understand why some people feel the need to be so negative.
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Oh noes

It's OUR thread

Cos that's the way the internet works

Good luck though :)

Well thats fair, lol....feel free to post as much as you want also...

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Trolliscious
  • Sunshine48205
    Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    800 over huh? mmmkay..
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    In order for it to be useful, OP (as I suggested earlier) needs to establish her true TDEE then eat regular food at maintenance then replace regular food with her consideration of what is clean food

And each stage should last a minimum of 8 weeks

THAT would be interesting
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. In order to "prove" anything, you should eat at least at your maintenance level.
    But anyway, why?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    First month doesn't mean much because of water weight and you'll lose on 2100 with your stats, so really don't see it as an experiment because unless you get checked with doubly labeled water it's all just guess work anyway.....that's why your here because you think your a special snowflake and your going to learn us a thing or two.
  • Sunshine48205
    Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    oh she's trolling.. I usually catch on to the trolls but good one
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

That's nice dear

May I suggest you eat 1000 calories over your 2lb cut for a real experiment. Also ensure your TDEE is correct so you need to keep doing this until you hit your maintenance over a couple of months on regular food and then replace ...you know so that it is actually an experiment

Yup, to really prove your point you need to eat at 1000 cals over, otherwise you're still in deficit, and will therefore lose weight.
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

That's nice dear

Well not sure I can eat that much in a day, clean eating is WAY more food than junk eating... but I will try....lol

Also, TDEE is 2080 which is why I chose the 2100 number...

Yes by flush I meant to clean them out, not that they will actually leave my body.... lol