• lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey all! TGIF!!
    I completed L1 D3 this morning. I also did about 2.5 miles light jogging before i did it and i still felt great.
    Everybody keep up the good work. FYI my body isnt as sore anymore.
  • fabfrog
    fabfrog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday!!! Completed D2 of L1...I am way sore!

Is anyone out there doing the Ripped in 30 DVD? I didn't even realize that there are different ones! DUH! Anyhow, that is the one I am doing so if anyone else is also let me know!

I have and plan on taking a pic after each day so I can go back and HOPEFULLY see results!

Does anyone log this into a fitness tracker...besides MFP? I track all my exercise into Map My Run, you can log almost anything you can think of. BUT is does not have 30DS listed. I've been logging 30DS as 20 minutes of circuit training. Does that make sense? I like using Map My Run because it syncs to MFP. Thoughts?
  • fabfrog
    fabfrog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8. Soreness is all gone. Feel energized after the workout. Is anyone adding cardio to this?

I do cardio as well. I will usually run about 3 miles or use our recumbent bike for 30 minutes to an hour.
  • kgmcgee
    kgmcgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey I wanna play! I started Tuesday when I had a day off. My legs were so sore Wednesday I could barely sit down (had to fall into my chair lol). So I'm sad to say I skipped Wednesday but got back on track Thursday. So now I'm on day 3. I'm embarrassed to say that I do the push-ups against the wall because I can't do the regular one and the modified kill my knees. But hey at least I'm trying right?
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kgmcgee wrote: »
    Hey I wanna play! I started Tuesday when I had a day off. My legs were so sore Wednesday I could barely sit down (had to fall into my chair lol). So I'm sad to say I skipped Wednesday but got back on track Thursday. So now I'm on day 3. I'm embarrassed to say that I do the push-ups against the wall because I can't do the regular one and the modified kill my knees. But hey at least I'm trying right?

What the simple fact that you are doing it is great! dont let that get you down! and being able to pick your self back up even after skipping a day is a great achievement it means u didnt give up!. Push-ups against the wall are still a great way to get it it. Its always best to modify the exercising to fit you so you can avoid injury. Keep up the great work!
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    albygb wrote: »
    kgmcgee wrote: »

What the simple fact that you are doing it is great! dont let that get you down! and being able to pick your self back up even after skipping a day is a great achievement it means u didnt give up!. Push-ups against the wall are still a great way to get it it. Its always best to modify the exercising to fit you so you can avoid injury. Keep up the great work!

I agree w/ Albygb; modified is far better than not doing it at all!! I have trouble w/ the modified pushups too.. So no judgment here!! I do lots of modified versions of the exercise bc its really tough!

I completed L01D03 today despite my soreness; which is really bad :/

I also obsessively weigh myself, and compared to yesterday I am up 1.2 lbs :( BUT I am extremely sore; so I will attribute the gain to that. I have been eating within my calories so it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Here's to hoping I can continue this during the weekend to come!!
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a tiny bit heavier today too. From what I understand it's just our muscles holding onto water to help repair themselves.

Just done L1D3, I'm very stiff but the actual exercisers are getting easier, I'm taking less breaks! I'm doing it alongside extra strength training, only bodyweight as I can't get to an actual gym. Although I also walked 2 miles in heels today, that didn't help the stiffness!
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in! I know I'm a few days late but I love this workout and need motivation to stick with it!
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd day, 4th session :)
    Yesterday I did it twice, Getting excited by how much stronger I feel everyday.

I am having a bit of knee trouble (was doing a different video with a lot of knee bending and jumping for a couple of weeks prior), does anyone have any tricks for knee care?
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    day 3 done :)

and do it dlajambe, jump in! i know i'll feel amazing to say i've completed it, i'm focusing on that feeling.
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i'm super sore as well, going up and down the stairs is no fun haha
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MimGSR wrote: »
    I'm a tiny bit heavier today too. From what I understand it's just our muscles holding onto water to help repair themselves.

Just done L1D3, I'm very stiff but the actual exercisers are getting easier, I'm taking less breaks! I'm doing it alongside extra strength training, only bodyweight as I can't get to an actual gym. Although I also walked 2 miles in heels today, that didn't help the stiffness!

I found I'm taking less breaks too!! I wouldn't say its getting any easier; but this is a sign of improvement on our part.
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to be involved with such an active group!! I'm glad I came across this thread
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am in !! I am starting on Monday!! Thank u guys !!! Good luck to everyone :)
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D7 yesterday. Starting to feel a bit stronger. I wasn't quite as winded. I'm motivated to finish this level just so I can stop with the anterior raises. They are never awesome.
  • kds1340
    kds1340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L1D2 over with. Boy am I feeling sore.
  • aghi00
    aghi00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done! Yesterday I had to skip it since I wasn't feeling well (flu is going around) but today I believe I made it up by doing adding a session of The Bar Method :D
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm only on D2 so far for April, but I'd started the 30DS sporadically in March, so I'm not quite as sore as I was when I started it. Does it seem to anyone else that when we decide to really get serious about diet/exercise, life picks that exact time to throw everything at you at once? I've been struggling these past few weeks with insane schedules, lots of family get togethers (i.e. tons of unhealthy foods tempting me), plus a car accident as well so I'm bumped and bruised and not exactly up for a lot of exercise. I know there's always going to be some excuse, but I swear it seems like the universe tries to throw a wrench in my plans when I'm trying to be dedicated. That's why I'm so glad for this thread and the MFP community in general. You guys keep me going! Have an amazing day, everyone.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    L2D4 completed. My deltoids are shaking! I was able to do the plank jacks all the way through the first round (first time) and half way through the second round then had to drop to the modified. So I am slowly feeling stronger but it is still very hard. I'm not giving up though! B)