tomatoey wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    Boobs are overrated. Jus' saying.

Can confirm as a male

^ just lost all respect for you bro ….

You lost respect for him because why? Talk it out for us.

breasts overrated, I am pulling his man card ….

Because it sounds like you're saying that a man who likes women with smaller breasts, is less of a man, because he's getting less of a woman. Is that kind of what you're saying? Because that's what it sounds like. Correct me if I got it wrong.

do you even sarcasm bro??????

geez, way to take something light and fun and go all serious…

I bet you are a blast at parties….

The reason I'm going "all serious" is because a lot of young women reading this are going to take the crap you say, and they're going to think that's how most guys think - which isn't true - and they're going to apply your crap to their self-esteem. They do not need that crap.

LOL really …

you are doing it for the "young woman" out there…how noble of you ….

hopefully, all the ladies out there have a better sense of humor then you do...

I have an awesome sense of humor - and I still think that tomatoey is actually being helpful in showing you how your words are being perceived. I perceived them the same way, in fact. You may make light of it and say it was "sarcasm" but it wasnt. Sarcasm is where you say something you dont mean AT ALL

You meant it... just didnt mean it enough to be willing to defend it. So maybe you dont think that men can *really* be judged on their "manliness" because of their affinity for boobs. But you still perpetuated some awesome stereotypes and denigrated both men and women.

Totally fine to call you on it, and it is worthwhile to evaluate our words once in a while. Doesn't mean it ruined my day... just means I read that and felt like you were a "typical clueless dude."

Maybe you should be more critical of the op who wants to magically spot increase her hips and breasts...

So anything said in jest is now 100% reflective of said persons motives???

The white knighting in here is ridiculous

I've offered my constructive criticism to the OP on page 1. So there's that...

I never used your words to extrapolate about what your motives might or might not be. And anyway, your motives are largely irrelevant in issues like this.

Don't you realize that? Have you never heard of the concept "impact versus intent" ?

You really are clueless. And please don't relegate me to some cheesy internet forum trope, just because you don't appreciate the criticism.

You can choose to reconsider how your words affect others or not. Your call.
    No, you are the clueless one as you can't make the mental link between comments said in sarcasm /jest and actual intent..

I was replying to lolbroscience and messing with him and you and the rest of the "I am woman here me roar" crowd decided to jump down my throat and ride to ops rescue about some perceived slight about a comment that I directed at someone that I am friends with and nOT the op...

But enjoy the view from your ivory tower where you have better motives and intent then the rest of us low folk ...

You really are having a tough time with this concept. IMPACT is more important than INTENT. I don't claim to live in any ivory tower with better intentions. I don't even claim to know your own and if anything, I've been pretty forgiving in assuming that you meant no ill intent whatsoever.

I've only asked you consider the unintended consequences, the IMPACT, of your words. I thought maybe it would be beneficial to engage in a dialogue that helped you and others be a bit more self aware. But you're really only dismissive and defensive.

But there's apparently an "I am woman, hear me roar crowd" so...

Well good luck with that attitude. I'm sure it will serve you well when you meet that woman who is hotter than your wife and more powerful than your boss - and she thinks you're a complete joke.

Not so.
    You may make light of it and say it was "sarcasm" but it wasnt. Sarcasm is where you say something you dont mean AT ALL

You clearly thought you knew his intent.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Can confirm as a male

Because it sounds like you're saying that a man who likes women with smaller breasts, is less of a man, because he's getting less of a woman. Is that kind of what you're saying? Because that's what it sounds like. Correct me if I got it wrong.

The reason I'm going "all serious" is because a lot of young women reading this are going to take the crap you say, and they're going to think that's how most guys think - which isn't true - and they're going to apply your crap to their self-esteem. They do not need that crap.

LOL really …

I have an awesome sense of humor - and I still think that tomatoey is actually being helpful in showing you how your words are being perceived. I perceived them the same way, in fact. You may make light of it and say it was "sarcasm" but it wasnt. Sarcasm is where you say something you dont mean AT ALL

You meant it... just didnt mean it enough to be willing to defend it. So maybe you dont think that men can *really* be judged on their "manliness" because of their affinity for boobs. But you still perpetuated some awesome stereotypes and denigrated both men and women.

Totally fine to call you on it, and it is worthwhile to evaluate our words once in a while. Doesn't mean it ruined my day... just means I read that and felt like you were a "typical clueless dude."

Maybe you should be more critical of the op who wants to magically spot increase her hips and breasts...

I never used your words to extrapolate about what your motives might or might not be. And anyway, your motives are largely irrelevant in issues like this.

Don't you realize that? Have you never heard of the concept "impact versus intent" ?

You really are clueless. And please don't relegate me to some cheesy internet forum trope, just because you don't appreciate the criticism.

No, you are the clueless one as you can't make the mental link between comments said in sarcasm /jest and actual intent..

I was replying to lolbroscience and messing with him and you and the rest of the "I am woman here me roar" crowd decided to jump down my throat and ride to ops rescue about some perceived slight about a comment that I directed at someone that I am friends with and nOT the op...

But enjoy the view from your ivory tower where you have better motives and intent then the rest of us low folk ...

You really are having a tough time with this concept. IMPACT is more important than INTENT. I don't claim to live in any ivory tower with better intentions. I don't even claim to know your own and if anything, I've been pretty forgiving in assuming that you meant no ill intent whatsoever.

I've only asked you consider the unintended consequences, the IMPACT, of your words. I thought maybe it would be beneficial to engage in a dialogue that helped you and others be a bit more self aware. But you're really only dismissive and defensive.

But there's apparently an "I am woman, hear me roar crowd" so...

Well good luck with that attitude. I'm sure it will serve you well when you meet that woman who is hotter than your wife and more powerful than your boss - and she thinks you're a complete joke.

Impact????? You mean for the people that take everything 100% literal and don't know what is a joke and what is not??

FYI I run my own company so I am the boss..

Your selective outrage is amusing..

What about the poster that said they want both? Is he having an impact?? What about the one that said he just likes buts????

Funny how you all lasered in on me....

I love how you turned a non serious thread into one that is somehow impacting woman all over the world who have never even heard of mfp

FTR I'm nothing even approaching "outrage"

And nah brah....your CUSTOMERS are the boss

But that must just be something else you're clueless about. Glad you've figured it all out.

Aces.

I see you are clueless about business too ....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I love how some of you find it offensive that guys might like breasts or rear ends...I guess you never wear push up bras or other accessories that show off your assets...hilarious....
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I love how some of you find it offensive that guys might like breasts or rear ends...I guess you never wear push up bras or other accessories that show off your assets...hilarious....

tumblr_majym31Zyw1rxevt4o1_500.jpg

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I seem to have wandered into mumsnet by mistake :/

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options

The point is that it doesn't actually matter what guys like. What matters is how a woman feels in her own body.

The other guys were wrong too, Emilia777 hit on that.
  • kimrb88
    kimrb88 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well dag-gon-it...I was hoping for a miracle when I saw this topic. I should have known we couldn't control what part of our bodies the "fat" goes to.
  • asmawakeel
    Options
    You can't add fat in specific places, but you can build up muscle in specific places - that muscle lies under the fat and shapes the body part.

I found that working my pecs (chest muscles) with flyes helped, as well as general upper body work that improved my posture and helped me stand up straight w/ my shoulders back. That makes the breasts look higher and fuller.

Squats and lunges build up the muscles around the butt, which gives your lower body a curvier outline.

As a friend says, working with weights keep women from looking like a "skinny wet noodle."

A trimmed waist will make your breasts and hips stand out more by comparison.

But two things to remember -- a large part of it is also genetic. As a petite Asian, I will never have giant breasts or the legs of a 6' German supermodel.

And - more importantly -- while it's great to work to a fitness goal & to feel attractive -- all body types are beautiful. I love MPF because the focus is on losing weight, being healthy & looking better - not just boosting up specific body parts. There are many beautiful women with small breasts and narrow hips.

that was informative.. thanks for posting it :smile:
  • asmawakeel
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    The OP is about a young woman asking how to increase the size of her breasts because she feels like they're not big enough. Why might she think that? Because people like you feel like you have a right to comment on the matter.

she never even came back into the thread..

yea, you took something said in jest and then tried to apply it to my attitude on all woman, which you have zero clue about..

but keep coming at me man…I am bored tonight…

why don't you message her and go rescue her from the likes of me….

And for the record, your attitude is becoming abundantly clear. Don’t make the mistake of thinking it will be tolerated without comment simply because you’re behaving like a bully.

Emilia thanks so much. you are such a support.
  • asmawakeel
    Options

@ndj1979 you can make jokes and can have a gud sense of humor. but on these type of forums, some people can take it as jokes n some might take it seriously. they were just trying to say this I concluded.
    :smile:
  • ndj1979
    Options

The point is that it doesn't actually matter what guys like. What matters is how a woman feels in her own body.

Nope, i think I'll keep going.

Maybe you should tell the woman's lib movement to backdown
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Whoah, dude. That's getting a little out of scope. Feminist and "women's lib" aren't dirty words, and shouldn't be used as an insult.

I get that you were joking. But that doesn't change the fact that your joke was sexist to all genders. Off-color jokes are great, but insomuch as you have right to tell them, so do others have a right to disagree with them.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No, man. Now you really are going too far.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Whoah, dude. That's getting a little out of scope. Feminist and "women's lib" aren't dirty words, and shouldn't be used as an insult.

I get that you were joking. But that doesn't change the fact that your joke was sexist to all genders. Off-color jokes are great, but insomuch as you have right to tell them, so do others have a right to disagree with them.

It was joke...but if you found it offensive I apologize as that was not my intent...
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options

Can confirm as a male

LOL really …

Out of everything you’ve said, that’s the only thing I find funny.

Listen, it’s becoming clear to me that you’re just not getting the point. Jokes are okay, off-colour jokes are okay, but (1) they should be saved for the right time and place and (2) joking doesn’t mean you shouldn’t treat people of all genders with respect. This has nothing to do about “women’s lib”, which you hilariously use as a pejorative.

I’m not taking some moral high road here, I make plenty of mistakes and say lots of silly things. But if someone points out to me that maybe what I said can be hurtful to someone, I take that as helpful feedback, apologize if I did offend, and try to get better at it. I don’t blame my audience for being humourless.

Anyway, @asmawakeel , I’m so sorry for hijacking your thread. I wish you luck on your weight-gain journey, and you sound like a strong and smart lady, so I’m sure you’ll come to terms and be happy with your body :smile: .
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @ndj1979 Could have never had this pointless battle if you just used emoticons or action emphasis.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    The OP is about a young woman asking how to increase the size of her breasts because she feels like they're not big enough. Why might she think that? Because people like you feel like you have a right to comment on the matter.

yea, you took something said in jest and then tried to apply it to my attitude on all woman, which you have zero clue about..

And for the record, your attitude is becoming abundantly clear. Don’t make the mistake of thinking it will be tolerated without comment simply because you’re behaving like a bully.

People like you make me feel a little embarrassed to be female. Get a grip.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I didn't find it sexist. But I have a british sense of humour. We don't take ourselves too seriously. It makes things worse!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

People like you make me feel a little embarrassed to be female. Get a grip.

Excuse me? I don’t think it’s okay to say someone is less of a man because he doesn’t share a penchant for double Ds, or to make generally disparaging comments, and I’m an embarrassment?
    Even if I was incorrect in my characterization, I meant well. You’re welcome to disagree, but I don’t see how that has anything to do with my being female, or why it warrants a personal attack.

Anyway, even though ndjetc can hold his own, I’m sure he’ll be glad to have someone on his side :smile:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    @ndj1979 Could have never had this pointless battle if you just used emoticons or action emphasis.

Pffff lol ...yes, I guess that would of made everything ok ..
This discussion has been closed.