Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I made a traditional Filipino flan dessert for family dinner today. Ingredients include: 1 cup sugar, 12 egg yolks, 1 can condensed milk, 2 cans evaporated milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Had two smallish pieces for dessert. An hour later, my parents and I sat around the table and ate the leftovers straight off the platter. I had to stop because I felt sick. I'm probably a thousand calories over maintenance today.

(Edited for spelling)

That dessert sounds amazing!

I never make desserts like that because I would be completely stymied as to what to do with 12 leftover egg whites, other than make meringues or Pavlova or something, which would also have to be eaten... aargghhh.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I ate a bunch at Easter dinner and had two slices of pie and I'm totally full, but I have my Easter basket next to me and I want to eat all of the candy inside. I feel like I should just binge on all of it so it will be gone. lol

Also, I hope the Russell Stover brownie and cookie dough eggs are good, I'm saving those.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.

HAAAAAA THAT IS EPIC
    p.s. his diary is public so anyone can look at it, AND SHOULD
    He is the best.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My kids got some peeps from "The Easter Bunny" and I can't wait for them to open them so I can eat one, even though I am pretty certain I never like or enjoy them. I just feel like I HAVE to.

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.

HAAAAAA THAT IS EPIC
    He is the best.

Hahahahaha well played. Very well played :joy:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    SUPER PEEP CLEANSE!

My confession is that I think I am addicted to lasagne.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So...much...chocolate... I think my stomach may explode. And yet I'm fully planning on sneaking off to Target tomorrow to buy some marked down Easter candy ;)

When I get sick from eating something, I generally never want to eat it again. Like clam chowder :s Why doesn't that ever work for chocolate?!!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    My parents had a friend who liked stale Peeps. They'd buy them at Easter, poke a hole in the cellophane, and wait until the next year to eat them when they were hard a as a rock, then buy a new box for the next year.

Wait until they go stale? I'm confused. The way they taste I thought they were made of packing peanuts, plastic and sadness and their ground state of being was stale.

Oh, my... "made of packing peanuts, plastic and sadness and their ground state of being was stale" -- that is just too...wondrous a description. :)

Alas, if Peeps personnel (and particularly the Marketing Department associated with Peeps-R-Us (or whoever the manufacturer is)) were to somehow latch on to this 'classic trait' of a Peep's "ground state of being", said Peep's peeps could perhaps harness this aspect to the benefit of the Peeps conglomerate...

...with closing narration for some sort of commercial or print ad opining (and in a setting-the-record-straight sort of fashion), "Peeps -- they don't get stale -- they just turn into another form of perfect." ;)

...after all, an 'advantage' (scary as it might be) to not exactly being food (and involving more of an FDA-allowed confectionery cataclysm (and I mean that in the best possible way (if it exists))), means that some things don't (seem to) have a shelf-life... and akin to Twinkies 'aging in perpetuity' (and with their texture intact, no less (which is disturbing)), and a McDonald's supposedly-made-of-meat, preservatives-doing-their-job-just-a-little-too-well 'hamburger' engaging in its own impersonation of Dorian Gray (<--- awful color reference unintended (after all, what 'food' is ever gray? (besides White Castle 'sliders', that is)))... marshmallow -- mallow as in tallow (?) -- and being a form of sugar-laced edible construct created with tallow's companion, gelatin, never met a timelapse with which it could not 'win a stand-off' (or so it would seem (has anyone ever encountered or otherwise *heard of* a 'spoiled' marshmallow? -- they're essentially a unicornian entity!))...

{ ...it would appear that the sudden ingestion of massive amounts of sugar on this day has caused my brain to behave rather mayhemically... and found its preferred form of frolicking whimsy to be that of Peeps commentary exiting my fingertips, as they Riverdanced across a keyboard (my fingers, that is, and not a chorus line of Peeps (in case there was any confusion... ;) )) }

Lastly, the following is an interesting read (who knew that someone out there makes masala chai -flavored marshmallows (?!) (or margarita and red velvet, for that matter?!), let alone that "flavors with more oil content, such as the masala chai and triple gingerbread flavors are particularly prone to interesting aging effects" (!) (the evolution of taste associated with oil-infused marshmallows, in addition to informing me of an entirely unexpected reality that exists, would seem to represent a field ripe for a new kind of connoisseur-ship (and perhaps akin to wine sommeliers, could someday involve marshmallow aficionados who not only advise regarding, but also debate, the merits of various 'pairings', let alone whatever might be considered the 'ideal' 'aging' time for a given oil-infused marshmallow flavor's taste-evolving timeline ;) ))) --

http://www.quora.com/Food-Safety/How-long-do-marshmallows-last-before-they-go-bad-and-or-dont-taste-good

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

HAAAAAA THAT IS EPIC
    He is the best.

The calories are impressive, but what really got me was the carb number - that's my carbs for a month and a half. I'm pretty sure I'd be in a coma, or wishing I was.
  • redonkulousd
    redonkulousd Posts: 22 Member
    Options

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

Don't worry I've done this too! I figure as long as the days even out over the week to under my calorie goal it is all good :smile:

If it's after midnight isn't it actually the "next" day? I always do this on my 2 midnight shifts because I sleep when all the sane people are working and work when they sleep.
  • Shora1234
    Shora1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My confessions are: (not really embarrassing but still weird)
    1- I usually save half a spoon to eat from the container.
    2- sometimes when I'm bored hungry I heat the meal I fantasize to eat but don't eat it. (My family don't get it, but it's calming - and then they eat it :) )
  • redonkulousd
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

You have your own reasons and I'm not implying anything about you, please understand.

That said, overfeeding other people with treats is a *classic* ED symptom. I've done it; I've watched other people do it. It feeds your food obsession on one hand, and on the other, if other people get fatter you look thinner by comparison.

Not wanting to fall into that trap again is a big reason I don't bake anymore. :(

This is a byproduct of ED (erectile dysfunction)?? Lol. (And yes I realize this isn't what you meant so no need to follow up with an unnecessary explanatory post)
    Confession:
    1. I'm a smarta$$. (Yes Captain Obvious it's true, I am)
    2. I'm a Tennessee Titans fan (that was difficult to admit
    3. I felt better about myself after reading only a few of the posts.
    4. I have secretly thought to myself while reading some posts "man, that's messed up".
    5. I'm a scale nazi I weigh nearly everything
    6. I'll never be happy with how I look and that motivates me. I am however happy that I'm healthy
    7. I always tell myself after I take time off from working out "this time when I go back I'm not worried about how much I lift". That ceases to be true within the first month
    8. I get pissed off when people tell me that they are jealous of me because I can "eat anything I want" (I'm 5'7" 135 lbs). They don't realize that I eat CLEAN and work out. (You cannot out exercise a bad diet....crap calories don't build muscle.
    9. Sugar is like crack to me. If I allow myself to eat junk that's all I'll want all day
    10. I couldn't make a list and not have ten items but We aren't OCD, we think (lol).
  • redonkulousd
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

You have your own reasons and I'm not implying anything about you, please understand.

That said, overfeeding other people with treats is a *classic* ED symptom. I've done it; I've watched other people do it. It feeds your food obsession on one hand, and on the other, if other people get fatter you look thinner by comparison.

Not wanting to fall into that trap again is a big reason I don't bake anymore. :(

This is a byproduct of ED (erectile dysfunction)?? Lol. (And yes I realize this isn't what you meant so no need to follow up with an unnecessary explanatory post)
    Confession:
    1. I'm a smarta$$. (Yes Captain Obvious it's true, I am)
    2. I'm a Tennessee Titans fan (that was difficult to admit
    3. I felt better about myself after reading only a few of the posts.
    4. I have secretly thought to myself while reading some posts "man, that's messed up".
    5. I'm a scale nazi I weigh nearly everything
    6. I'll never be happy with how I look and that motivates me. I am however happy that I'm healthy
    7. I always tell myself after I take time off from working out "this time when I go back I'm not worried about how much I lift". That ceases to be true within the first month
    8. I get pissed off when people tell me that they are jealous of me because I can "eat anything I want" (I'm 5'7" 135 lbs). They don't realize that I eat CLEAN and work out. (You cannot out exercise a bad diet....crap calories don't build muscle.
    9. Sugar is like crack to me. If I allow myself to eat junk that's all I'll want all day
    10. I couldn't make a list and not have ten items but We aren't OCD, we think (lol).
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I made a traditional Filipino flan dessert for family dinner today. Ingredients include: 1 cup sugar, 12 egg yolks, 1 can condensed milk, 2 cans evaporated milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Had two smallish pieces for dessert. An hour later, my parents and I sat around the table and ate the leftovers straight off the platter. I had to stop because I felt sick. I'm probably a thousand calories over maintenance today.

(Edited for spelling)

Same here! Except that I ate almost DOUBLE my maintenance... With a molten lava cookie mountain, half a container of Speculoos (Lotus) Caramel Biscuit flavored ice cream, and pizza.
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Confession : I take my shirt off and look at myself in the mirror almost every time I use the restroom at home. I'm really not a narcissist and don't like attention from others. I think I do it almost because I have a hard time accepting how much I've changed. I don't recognize myself in pictures sometimes. It is a very weird feeling.

This habit totally reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have not logged my weight in over a week (let's stop lying, it has been 2 weeks) because it went back up 5lbs and It makes me sad.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    lokepa wrote: »
    I am addicted to Jax cheese curls. So addicted, in fact, I have to cover my eyes when I walk past them in the supermarket so they don't 'magically' end up in the cart. My son thinks I am both sad and insane.

Also, I haven't had soda in over two years... but every few months I dream about drinking it. Had the last dream a few days ago. In the dream I didn't realize I was drinking a huge Dr. Pepper until I was halfway through, and was disappointed in myself for drinking it... I was disappointed in myself IN MY DREAM. Thing is, I really have to real desire to drink it except maybe two or three times a year - super hot outside... see someone having a cold (insert favorite beverage here)...and I might think about it, but don't otherwise care.

I have dreams where I'm convinced I smoked a cigarette and I wake up mad and disappointed in myself. They're extremely vivid dreams. I only occasionally have an urge to smoke a cigarette again as well.

I do this with alcohol! I quit drinking about three months ago and I have dreams where I drink so much I black out and I wake up freaking out! It's so crazy!

I quit drinking 5 years ago, and still have these from time to time.

I quit booze over 3 years ago, and I still have these on occasion! Usually involves ridiculous stuff like being drunk at work & getting fired, or getting hammered at a big family event...SUCH a relief when I wake up and realize it was a dream!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

That is hilarious!
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession: Easter brunch killed me. Quiche and blueberry cream cheese coffeecake and cheesy hashbrowns and bacon and sausage and cake and cookies and... I feel like a total slug. I did not step on the scale this morning, too scared to see the result.

Oh, and I totally forgot I was supposed to be doing a plank challenge this weekend (that started on Friday). Do you think I can knock out the two I missed before lunch and not tell the person who challenged me that I forgot? :#
  • quiksylver296
    Options