Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going out..i change my goal from 1 lb to maintain
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm 24 and my mom still makes us all Easter baskets (ages 17 to 38). What's most important is that I got my most favorite candy: an 11oz bag of plain m&m's.

My son is going to get one every year he's home, I don't care how old he is (doubt he will, either). He always gets a little white chocolate bunny in honor of my dad (not with us anymore), and a normal hollow bunny. This year, I'm surprised that both bunnies are still in their boxes, and he ate all the cashews instead - which is really good news for me, since I'm not tempted by the bunnies, but those cashews are a *kitten* to fit in my macros ;)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I strained my hamstring about a month ago and I havent been able to do any cardio or lower body workouts at all since then. Its killing me... I hate not being able to get in a good workout. Eating less makes me sad and I have so little energy. I feel bad for being such a party pooper every day :(. I bought a box of godiva chocolates to eat the other day, but I know eating them will make me feel guilty since I dont know when I'll be able to make up for the excess calories. I maintain at like 1450 now so eating anything less at the moment is just out of the question. Sigh.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I strained my hamstring about a month ago and I havent been able to do any cardio or lower body workouts at all since then. Its killing me... I hate not being able to get in a good workout. Eating less makes me sad and I have so little energy. I feel bad for being such a party pooper every day :(. I bought a box of godiva chocolates to eat the other day, but I know eating them will make me feel guilty since I dont know when I'll be able to make up for the excess calories. I maintain at like 1450 now so eating anything less at the moment is just out of the question. Sigh.

I understand. I have a bad right hip flexor/joint, so I can't do any cardio workouts or HIIT besides biking. Even just chasing after a basketball messes it up.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

I understand. I have a bad right hip flexor/joint, so I can't do any cardio workouts or HIIT besides biking. Even just chasing after a basketball messes it up.

/hug
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I made it to the gym today and was running on the indoor track. There are three lanes on the track and slower people are to keep to the inside. I find a lot of people don't look behind them when crossing lanes to exit the track. Today I was running in the middle lane and was about two strides behind a young lady on the inside lane. Sure enough she didn't look behind her when crossing and my confession is, is that I wanted to speed up just slightly so I could knock her on her *kitten* for being so oblivious to her surroundings. Maybe it would have taught her a lesson

I totally know what you're talking about people do that at my gym too and I don't get it! When I'm exiting off the track and I'm in the way of the flow it takes me a good couple minutes to cross (if it's a crowded day) as I don't want to get anyone's way or be plowed down!

I swear there was a lady at my gym Saturday who would look back, see me coming up fast and move into my lane! lsdzgs2iy7ni.gif
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The sad thing is both the brioche and waffle were not as good as I remembered.

I hate when that happens!

• Just_Ceci
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double posts! UGH
    wbj62rp2sdq8.jpg
  • Just_Ceci
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And again!
    xflzna6xk40x.gif
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I ate a 400 calorie brownie today... such a waste.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have dreams where I'm convinced I smoked a cigarette and I wake up mad and disappointed in myself. They're extremely vivid dreams. I only occasionally have an urge to smoke a cigarette again as well.
    [/quote]
    I do the same thing and it has been 3 years!

• duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    In the spirit of Easter- I really, really, really hate peeps. I don't like marshmallows at the best of times but they are worse. Honestly, they taste like some other form of marshmallow made from something not yet classified by the periodic table of elements.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    duckykissy wrote: »
    In the spirit of Easter- I really, really, really hate peeps. I don't like marshmallows at the best of times but they are worse. Honestly, they taste like some other form of marshmallow made from something not yet classified by the periodic table of elements.

Confession... I've never had a Peep.

I ate 3200 calories today but I'm finally full.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I was never a Peep fan, but I did like the chocolate marshmallow Russell Stover eggs. With all the Peep talk in here the past few months, I remembered something really weird this morning. My parents had a friend who liked stale Peeps. They'd buy them at Easter, poke a hole in the cellophane, and wait until the next year to eat them when they were hard a as a rock, then buy a new box for the next year.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Yes. Everyone in my family thinks I'm weird because I don't like peeps (or marshmallow suckers, or marshmallows in general), but I think they are disgustingly sweet and have a really funky texture.

Confession: I have a bad cold and have been using it as an excuse for a royal binge consisting of chocolate bars, two pints of ice cream, and an entire stuffed crust Digiornio (spelling?) pizza. Hopefully I will be able to breathe well enough tomorrow to hit the gym.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am a lackadaisical parent. I let a lot slide, and i really pick my battles with my kids.

Ie-no hitting,spitting,or swearing (loudly). We don't tease/bully/mock each other or our friends.

However, you may color yourself from tip to tail in magic markers,sport a Mohawk, ride a dirt bike, do "stunts" on the trampoline, wear your Halloween costume to the store,play violent video games, eat dessert every night, make gross jokes at the dinner table...etc etc.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym today and was running on the indoor track. There are three lanes on the track and slower people are to keep to the inside. I find a lot of people don't look behind them when crossing lanes to exit the track. Today I was running in the middle lane and was about two strides behind a young lady on the inside lane. Sure enough she didn't look behind her when crossing and my confession is, is that I wanted to speed up just slightly so I could knock her on her *kitten* for being so oblivious to her surroundings. Maybe it would have taught her a lesson

Oh, how I can empathize with feeling that way... on a related note, at a local outdoor track where I walk sometimes (weather permitting), there are, at times, various groups of 2 or more individuals who somehow think that the lanes they decided to abruptly stop walking in would make a great place to finish their conversation -- and they just stand there, talking, while disrupting traffic flow on the track... a part of me wishes I could (in good conscience, let alone without injuring myself or others) 'fake-accidentally' walk right into at least one of them, knock however many of them down that happen to fall in conjunction with the collision, 'fake-accidentally' claim that I was just as surprised as they were, as I hadn't expected anyone to be standing-still-and-not-moving in the middle of a track, and then wish them well, as I continued on my merry way, all while pondering whether it would end up taking 'just one more' fake-accidental collision to 'make my point' (given that so many seem utterly oblivious to or otherwise couldn't-care-less-about the fact that multiple individuals keep having to 'go around' the 'standing-still-collective' in order to continue walking in the lane said individuals were walking in)... arggg :/

In reading what you described, of someone not looking when crossing lanes at a track, it also brought to mind people who, while in a grocery store, suddenly change directions with their shopping carts, and without bothering to consider the fact that they aren't the only person in the store (let alone, not the only one pushing a cart) -- and that they should look, accordingly, before proceeding in whatever alternate direction they suddenly decided to adopt, seems to be incomprehensibly 'beyond' them...

...oh, and of course, we've seemingly all encountered those unfortunately-rather-many individuals who, when choosing to change lanes while driving, engage in Nike slogan action, and just do it -- sans any consideration for anyone around them, or otherwise demonstrating an awareness that they aren't the only driver on the road... (perhaps these same individuals carry their self-centered (or otherwise 'perpetually oblivious') habits to the track, as well...?)
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

/hug

I have a bad shoulder and find it sucks when I have to adjust my pilates moves to accommodate it. but Im so thankful now that it is not my hip
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am an atheist, so our holidays are all secular here.

Easter means chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, and egg hunts. My kids don't know better, as evidenced by today's Easter egg hunt.

My son got an egg with a chocolate cross inside. He said (loudly) "mom I got a plus!"

Another confession- I hate the word atheist. I don't use it often.It sounds like I am drilling into my kids heads "there is no God!" "When you die you go nowhere!". I don't do that, I swear.

I don't want religious friends and family to fret about me, so I just say we enjoy sleeping in and having family time on Sundays.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I was never a Peep fan, but I did like the chocolate marshmallow Russell Stover eggs. With all the Peep talk in here the past few months, I remembered something really weird this morning. My parents had a friend who liked stale Peeps. They'd buy them at Easter, poke a hole in the cellophane, and wait until the next year to eat them when they were hard a as a rock, then buy a new box for the next year.

That's me. I opened all the Peeps and put them on the shelf. I'll eat them next week when they're crunchy. I didn't even bother logging today. So many people cooked so many things and I ate every single thing my doctor told me not to and I feel great. I can't workout due to an injury so I know I'm going to see a gain but this week is my son and husbands birthday and next week is my other son and my birthday so I'm just writing April off. That's what spanx are for.