Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am an atheist, so our holidays are all secular here.

Easter means chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, and egg hunts. My kids don't know better, as evidenced by today's Easter egg hunt.

My son got an egg with a chocolate cross inside. He said (loudly) "mom I got a plus!"

That is SO awesome. :smiley:
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Easter means chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, and egg hunts. My kids don't know better, as evidenced by today's Easter egg hunt.

My son got an egg with a chocolate cross inside. He said (loudly) "mom I got a plus!"

Another confession- I hate the word atheist. I don't use it often.It sounds like I am drilling into my kids heads "there is no God!" "When you die you go nowhere!". I don't do that, I swear.

I don't want religious friends and family to fret about me, so I just say we enjoy sleeping in and having family time on Sundays.

How did you come to be an atheist? Very curious about this

I was raised Christian, Christian school, church everytime the doors were open (Baptist at that). I've slowly gone from identifying as Christian, to deist, to somewhere between agnostic/atheist currently. **but I'm secretly thinking about converting to the church of the flying spaghetti monster** o:)
  • RGannam
    RGannam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just got home from Passover seders with family - averaged 686.75 calories over my goal each of the last four days but I don't care, it was a wonderful weekend with family and I was SO FULL of great food! Time to get back on track but it was so worth it.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Another confession- I hate the word atheist. I don't use it often.It sounds like I am drilling into my kids heads "there is no God!" "When you die you go nowhere!". I don't do that, I swear.

I don't want religious friends and family to fret about me, so I just say we enjoy sleeping in and having family time on Sundays.

How did you come to be an atheist? Very curious about this

I was raised Christian, Christian school, church everytime the doors were open (Baptist at that). I've slowly gone from identifying as Christian, to deist, to somewhere between agnostic/atheist currently. **but I'm secretly thinking about converting to the church of the flying spaghetti monster** o:)

Welp, I was raised in a family of very religious people, and I felt that in order to be a good person, I had to be religious too. And I really did try my best to be a believer. Look, act, and sound like one.

When I discovered later that I could be a good person without being a churchgoer, I felt relief. I still have morals, values, and a conscience.

My husband comes from a strict fundamentalist baptist upbringing, and my family is catholic with a few outspoken evangelicals in the mix.

I respect my family's choice of belief. I would never critisize any person's faith. My son for example, believes in heaven.

He heard about heaven somewhere, and is convinced that when you die you become an angel, and live on a cloud.

My husband believes that the history channel show "ancient aliens" is on to something, and that Jesus was obviously an extra terrestrial.

I see no reason to argue. I don't believe in Jesus at all, so I have no dog in the fight!

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    duckykissy wrote: »
    In the spirit of Easter- I really, really, really hate peeps. I don't like marshmallows at the best of times but they are worse. Honestly, they taste like some other form of marshmallow made from something not yet classified by the periodic table of elements.

I was never a Peep fan, but I did like the chocolate marshmallow Russell Stover eggs. With all the Peep talk in here the past few months, I remembered something really weird this morning. My parents had a friend who liked stale Peeps. They'd buy them at Easter, poke a hole in the cellophane, and wait until the next year to eat them when they were hard a as a rock, then buy a new box for the next year.

Wait until they go stale? I'm confused. The way they taste I thought they were made of packing peanuts, plastic and sadness and their ground state of being was stale.

• melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    In the spirit of Easter- I really, really, really hate peeps. I don't like marshmallows at the best of times but they are worse. Honestly, they taste like some other form of marshmallow made from something not yet classified by the periodic table of elements.

I was never a Peep fan, but I did like the chocolate marshmallow Russell Stover eggs. With all the Peep talk in here the past few months, I remembered something really weird this morning. My parents had a friend who liked stale Peeps. They'd buy them at Easter, poke a hole in the cellophane, and wait until the next year to eat them when they were hard a as a rock, then buy a new box for the next year.

Wait until they go stale? I'm confused. The way they taste I thought they were made of packing peanuts, plastic and sadness and their ground state of being was stale.

You are fun.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options

What could say in that situation other than "yeah you did get a plus! Awesome buddy!"
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

What could say in that situation other than "yeah you did get a plus! Awesome buddy!"

*two thumbs up*

I was basically raised atheist... or rather, with the absence of any religious beliefs.

For the first two years of school I was bused and I didn't like it much. There was a Catholic school a few blocks away from my house and I remembering walking past it one evening with my mother and asking her, "Why can't I go to that school? It's so close!"

Imagine my poor mother, who was very genteel and utterly PC long before the term was invented, trying to explain to a 6 year old why she couldn't attend a Catholic school... and avoid opening up many new cans of worms in the process. :o
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Lol I love this!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • flab2fab760
    flab2fab760 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I have nothing bad to confess, only that I still eat what I want (within my daily kcal allowance) and I still lose weight!

Tonights dessert is a Little Debbies Oatmeal Cookie Pie!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am a lackadaisical parent. I let a lot slide, and i really pick my battles with my kids.

Ie-no hitting,spitting,or swearing (loudly). We don't tease/bully/mock each other or our friends.

However, you may color yourself from tip to tail in magic markers,sport a Mohawk, ride a dirt bike, do "stunts" on the trampoline, wear your Halloween costume to the store,play violent video games, eat dessert every night, make gross jokes at the dinner table...etc etc.

You are awesome
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My dad posted the most insultingly unflattering picture of me on Facebook yesterday. Usually I'd just let it slide, but really, it was not considerate of him at all to post it. I asked him today to delete it, but just in case, I logged into his computer after Easter dinner and deleted it myself.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I made a traditional Filipino flan dessert for family dinner today. Ingredients include: 1 cup sugar, 12 egg yolks, 1 can condensed milk, 2 cans evaporated milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Had two smallish pieces for dessert. An hour later, my parents and I sat around the table and ate the leftovers straight off the platter. I had to stop because I felt sick. I'm probably a thousand calories over maintenance today.

(Edited for spelling)
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I made a traditional Filipino flan dessert for family dinner today. Ingredients include: 1 cup sugar, 12 egg yolks, 1 can condensed milk, 2 cans evaporated milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Had two smallish pieces for dessert. An hour later, my parents and I say around the table and ate the leftovers straight off the platter. I had to stop because I felt sick. I'm probably a thousand calories over maintenance today.

been there!
  • anachronicles
    anachronicles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Easter Confession: I'm not much of a cake person but I will do unspeakable things for some icing. Today my roommate brought home chocolate cake for Easter and I scraped off some (okay, a lot..) of the icing and used a knife to smooth it out so no one would know
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm feeling proud of myself for not exceeding my calorie goal -and- dropping a pound on top of it today. Usually I'm quick to disparage myself and overeat if I've had a bad day, but today...GO ME! =D
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

duckykissy, although tempted to say, "that's just ducky..." ;), I will nonetheless say that I laughed out loud after reading what you conveyed, and that I can relate!

Although I used to enjoy the melted foamy 'top layer' from small marshmallows used to 'dress' my hot chocolate, when enjoying a warm mug of the stuff at my grandmother's, as a kid... and liked the tiny hard-as-a-rock-but-then-they-softened-with-milk, marshmallow-esque whatnot that were strewn about in a bowlful of Lucky Charms, during adolescence... and while I can handle the taste of one or two S'more(s), once per year, if partaking of a reunion-like cookout, which inevitably includes some young relatives delighting in the marshmallow roasting 'process'... I seem to have 'drawn the line' at experiencing (past or present tense) those instances and/or specific 'forms' of such, from amongst the remarkably expansive (and seemingly ever-expanding) realm of marshmallowdom...

...however, that being said, I still find the 'barely examined sight' of a(n un- melted_atop_hot_chocolate, or un- S'mored) marshmallow to involve my experiencing a mental reaction that could perhaps be described as 'somewhat hinky'... and the thought of ingesting them, by themselves, let alone in 'dressed up' forms of 'molded marshmallow flying solo' (such as sugar-encrusted Peep-age, or those completely-gross-me-out orange 'circus peanuts' -- a.k.a. 'condensed marshmallow candy' bits of looks-like-a-piece-of-molded-chalk-or-thermoplastic-polymer, and that I tend to only see in bulk bins of grocery stores, or otherwise appearing on various shelves during the Halloween candy-buying season), involves reaction-specific descriptors I seem to be at a loss for (or perhaps am not! ;P -- 'unappealing' and 'slightly stomach turning' suddenly come to mind ;) )... and the thought of marshmallows being used like 'glue', 'tack', or 'mortar', as they're akin to 'functioning' within Rice Krispie Treats, and sundry other examples of composite baked mallowness, seems like voluntarily subjecting oneself to placement of 'superglue' between one's molars (yikes!)... and the entire 'concept' of 'Marshmallow Fluff' (it looks like thick shaving foam, or spray foam insulation!) makes me want to hurl...

But, I will say this (I said, as though I hadn't already said a ridiculous amount about this fun little topic ;) ) -- when I saw, during a grocery shopping trip, that one particular 'resident' of a specific aisle's 'bottom shelf'-Land was none other than a bag of 'the largest marshmallows I've ever seen in my life' (I swear, they were the size of a small doll's head (!)), let alone that they were multi-colored (and practically 'waving' to me, in all their pastel glory (hey, look at us! we're huge marshmallows, previously seen only in dreams! we look like edible pastel Play-Doh clouds! and we're now available for purchase! good luck finding a use for us! making a S'more with us will require unhinged jaws! just one of us will suffice for a pan of Rice Krispie Treat carnage! two of us can froth-melt the top layer of an entire vat of hot chocolate! three of us can pad the fall from a four-story building! ;P )) -- and I not only laughed out loud (while being simultaneously 'freaked out' a bit, at the monstrous size, let alone the sudden confusion, in my wondering how on earth marshmallows of such volume might best be 'implemented' (as well as thinking, "what took the so long?! -- why did it take decades for anyone to figure out that expanding the product line of the otherwise staid, cylindrical, 'classic' marshmallow just might involve an increase in size?! (massive or otherwise) -- how did that take *decades* to figure out?! ;P ), but I also was tickled for the current generation of children, who would undoubtedly get a kick out of being treated to concoctions of various ingestibles made from such memorable marshmallow madness (albeit with some sort of minimum age guideline, if eating (or even playing with!) such monstrous marshmallows by themselves, what with their seeming to be almost hazardous, when considered from a few relevant perspectives).

like some other form of marshmallow made from something not yet classified by the periodic table of elements.

I agree (while laughing at the comedically 'accurate' description of their confounding chemical composition ;) )...

Peeps -- those rubbery ingestibles that are almost Nerf-like in terms of their 'physical performance properties' (are we seriously discussing the mechanical manifestations and mesmerizing molar machinations associated with Peep-osity?! -- why, yes, we are! ;P ), whose impressively elastic 'bounce-back' factor, when combined with their remarkable resistance to 'deformation', would seem to portend rather problematic dentition actioning, and potential molar response that is akin to being the closest that molars might ever get to experiencing what 'jumping up and down on a trampoline' is like -- yes, Peeps would seem to *be* their own form of chemical element, albeit one that is mystically transmogrified from some sort of magical combination of *existing* elements, and whose happens-in-a-manufacturing-environment 'behind closed doors', clandestine concoctive confabulation, is perhaps 'presided over' by labcoat-covered individuals waving wands, over vapors rising-almost-mist-like from various poured elixirs, until a 'Peeps Big Bang' -like moment occurs, and fulminating foof foams about, and in all directions, before being carefully pressed into all manner of molds, to yield the mass manufactured 'army' of Peeps that we see populating store and cabinet shelves near and far... and whose nothing-else-like-it composition begs the question (and especially at Easter) -- which came first? -- the chick or the egg? ;)

(*What* was I just mumbling about...?! :) )
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time staying within my daily calories on a regular basis these days.