Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Alright, I know there are some new moms and dads out there. If you are looking for support from someone who knows what it is like to run the kids all over, then I'm your guy. Let's be friends and do this together! :D
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Mother of 3, and looking for sypport and motivation also! Feel free to add!
  • Spaniel5
    Spaniel5 Posts: 48 Member
    Mom of 3, stepmom of 3. add me. I've started on a new fitness quest. Making time for ourselves is the hardest but one of the most important things we can do for our kids.
  • MikePXstream
    Welcome! Us parents have to stick together to inspire our children.
  • MikePXstream
    #BOD inspired a crossfit day. I was going to do T25, but decided to run and mix in some strength training. After each lap i did 1 set of upper body exercises, 15 reps, including push-ups, push up knee taps, tricep dips, and ab mason twists-all while my son was at soccer practice :smiley:

fokq3lp9rc41.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    edited April 2015
    Are you ready for summer? If not, then come get your jump start with us.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104800-21-done-fitness-support-group

ewondqjsv16w.jpg
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm a mom to a six year old girl and a three year old boy and we are currently trying for number three :) I work full time as a mental health therapist with kids ages 5 to 19. I try to eat healthy and workout 5 to 6 days a week. I mostly use DVDs and workout after the kids go to bed. Two days a week I take a tabata class. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • jefemullin
    jefemullin Posts: 42 Member
    Parent to a 9 month old happy lil boy. Feel free to add me!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Home schooling mom of two boys, 11 and 9. Anyone can add me.
  • MikePXstream
    @kamakazeekim Which dvd's have you used. I'm an @home fitness junkie and prefer the dvd's too!
  • MikePXstream
    What a weekend! Time to get back on track. How was everyone's weekend?
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Father of 5 (soon to be 6) kids, ages range from 1yr to 10yo. Wife is an awesome stay at home mom. Adjusting to a healthier lifestyle has been a challenge, but we are determined for a change. Not just for us as parents, but for our children as well. Feel free to add!
  • kamakazeekim
    I use a lot of different ones that I rotate between. I have Jillian Michael's Last Chance Workout and 30 Day Shred, Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 1 and 2, Personal Training with Jackie (3 of her dvd's), SWAT, the Ballet Beautiful series, and 2 pilaties/yoga dvd's that I use on my "rest" days.
  • MikePXstream
    @kamakazeekim - Awesome. so I guess it is safe to assume that you are an @home fitness kind of person. :) That's me too. I have done 10 different programs now. I love them all in their own unique way.
  • kamakazeekim
    Yep, I definitely do most everything at home. I do take a tabata class twice a week at the local community center but that is ending soon because the instructor is moving away :(
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    I also workout at home to, I have lots of DVD's, Jillian Micheals, Biggest Loser, The Firm, Leslie walking and I like to get 21 day Fix next.
  • MikePXstream
    21 day fix is a great program. I know quite a few people that have had great results. especially with the nutrition guide and system that comes with the program. I plan on getting it just to try the nutrition system out. I understand it takes a lot of the guess work, counting calories, and weighing food confusion out of the equation.
This discussion has been closed.