Do any ladies at maintenance want to share height & weight ?

Replies

• lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    .I'm at 5' 5" and around 110. I am currently losing my last 1-2 pounds of fat, and will then proceed to building some muscle, to settle at a toned 115. I know it sounds too little, but even though most people at that weight would look way more skinny than is healthy, I am particularly small-framed/light-boned.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    5'5", currently 133lbs. Maintenance range is 125-140lbs.

Would you agree that is a pretty big maintenance range? Not poking...just actually curious about it because I'm 5'4" and 133 now. Also curious about women with similar stats.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    5'7" maintenance range of 136-140lbs, BF approx 21-22%. Interestingly, I've been in this weight range for around 6 months (last set of progress pics are from January--I really ought to take some new ones, I'm even leaner, but the same weight), and I've dropped an entire pants size in that time.

I had thought that I'd needed to drop down to 125-130lbs to achieve my desired level of leanness. However, I've discovered I'm really a patient person who's accidentally discovered the difficult (not impossible) task of body recomposition is the right path for me. I really don't want to "diet" anymore...
  • blinknik04
    blinknik04 Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm 5'9" and my maintenance range is 132-135.
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    5'4" and at 155. I am 49 YO and am working on reducing body fat through weight training. I have lost 52 pounds in the last 15 months. I can't seem to get below 155 even with weight training 3x/week and 2 sessions of zumba. I wear a size 8 jean (5 sizes down) so I feel I have the right proportions for my height at this time. I no longer focus on the weight number but I definitely track body fat and muscle mass on a weekly basis.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited April 2015
    arditarose wrote: »

Would you agree that is a pretty big maintenance range? Not poking...just actually curious about it because I'm 5'4" and 133 now. Also curious about women with similar stats.

I am working on a recomp. Maybe even considing a slow bulk. These numbers are still well within a healthy bmi range, which is all that is ultimately important to me.

Ironically, I am 99% sure I am still losing because I am having trouble even eating maintenance, let alone enough to gain significant muscle. I am trying to work on that.
  • arditarose

I am working on a recomp. Maybe even considing a slow bulk. These numbers are still well within a healthy bmi range, which is all that is ultimately important to me.

Ah, great! Did you find that you didn't want to start the recomp until you got to the 120s? I thought I'd be ready at 130 but now I'm thinking not so much.
  • VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Really interested in seeing others height and weight as I'm not sure I'm seeing myself right since I lost weight iykwim. Maintaining in the range of 129-134 llbs and I'm 5'9". Although I'm not feeling happy at top end of that range. I would like to see where others are at. I'm especially interested in getting lean and seeing others who are already there so I can have an idea of that. Thanks in advance.

You seem to be at a point where your weight is within the recommended range. I got there too (5'10", 145), and also wanted to get leaner (i.e. lose some of the excess fat and build muscle). I highly recommend you sit back and think a bit about your goals. Are you focused on a weight number (seems to be, given your question), or do you want to shift to a different goal (muscle, lose fat %, other)? Figure out your goal/goals, and go from there.

If you want to continue losing weight, eat at a calorie deficit. If you use primarily cardio as your exercise, you'll burn both fat and muscle. If you lift/train while doing so, you'll retain more muscle.

If you want to build muscle, shift your thinking. Two primary ways:
    1. Weight lifting/training while eating at maintenance calories: you'll see a spurt in what's called "noob" gains while your muscles are learning new tricks and strength builds rapidly, but then slows down over time because you're only eating at maintenance. You will slowly "re-comp," or slowly build muscle while losing fat. It is a long, frustratingly slow process for most people, but can happen over a longer period of time. Or:
    2. Weight lifting/training while eating in a slight (note the word slight) caloric excess. Muscle does not typically use your excess fat stores to fuel growth (hence why #1 is difficult); if you eat in excess, you can fuel those rapid, new gains and keep gaining in strength and mass. Then, when you're happy with your first set of gains (this means you have to think about and clarify your goals), you go on a "cut," where you maintain your muscle mass while eating in a deficit. You won't see alot of gains in strength while on a cut, but you'll keep your muscles while losing fat.

If you want to try the "build muscle" route, really, you have to shift your entire world view. Well, it's not that scary, but seriously. Ignore the scale numbers, other than perhaps weekly or even monthly check-ins. Weight seriously fluctuates while weight training and if you're trying to build muscle, you WANT to see some slow gains (i.e. 1/2 lb per week).

Do alot of reading on these forums. Especially look at the Eat, Train, Progress group and read their stickies.

Depends on your GOALS. More muscle? Deal with getting rid of the "I must looooozzee more pounds!!!" mentality. Just toss it.

Lose more pounds? Do the thing you've done to get where you're at. I think, though, you'll end up being exactly where you are now--at a number that SEEMED to be where you wanted to be, but at a body condition that isn't quite cutting it for you. Experiment and figure out a way to get where you want to go, and have a different focus. Not the number on the scale, but the shape/condition of your body.

Wow thankyou. So much info for me to digest. It's true I'm looking for a new goal and also true I'm still hung up on the numbers on the scale. It's hard not to be when we all work hard to get to our 1st goal. My clothes don't feel tighter at top end of my range and there is a chance I am starting to build muscle as I started a whole new routine. It is a bit early though I would think to see results so who knows. Lacking in motivation at the minute to cut calories although I don't have many treats. Thinking I'm on the road to build muscle now but feeling a bit lost as used a lot of cardio to get here and now not so much at all. Thanks again and to everyone for sharing with me lol.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    5'6" - 121 lbs. I just hit goal weight a week or so ago and I'm currently doing recomp.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    5'1" 112 lbs. Maintaining for 8 months now.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    5'4" maintaining at 125-130 lbs
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    112 lbs weight n heights 5ft
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    * height
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    6'1" and maintaining around 165-168lbs
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Maintenance @ around 130# (I watch it closely and cut back when I see more than 3 pounds above this) for 17 months now. I am 63, 5'3", was @ 290# when I began MFP. I am really happy at this weight. I got down to 122, but it was a constant struggle for me at that weight. My body likes being @ 130#.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited April 2015

Ah, great! Did you find that you didn't want to start the recomp until you got to the 120s? I thought I'd be ready at 130 but now I'm thinking not so much.

I think it because I find that I am good with the way I look now in the lowish 130s. I think the calories needed for maintenance, I could do the rest of my life. Also my breasts are really starting to suffer from the loss of fat and I am reluctant to push it any further. I already need enough surgery as it is. I;ve lost over 135lbs since my high weight, so this is just my situation.
  • arditarose

I think it because I find that I am good with the way I look now in the lowish 130s. I think the calories needed for maintenance, I could do the rest of my life. Also my breasts are really starting to suffer from the loss of fat and I am reluctant to push it any further. I already need enough surgery as it is.

Thank you for sharing. I'm a little confused at the moment so hearing from other women with similar stats helps me a bit.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    I'm 5'2.5" and 128lbs. Happy at 125# but working on it
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    5'2", maintaining at 108-111
  • Ekatrina
    Ekatrina Posts: 12 Member
    Wow congrats everyone on your successes.
    I am 5"4" at 155 and am 55 years old. According to charts I should weigh around 140... for now, I am good at this weight. Have lost 47 and feel great. I want to be realistic. I will maintain this weight for 1 year and then go back to work to lose the other bit.