Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

vmlabute wrote: »
    5'2" and 130lbs. Even at this weight I look "thin thin" but I can lift hella heavy. I really think it all depends on body composition and where your body distributes the weight

I'd love to see what that looks like on you!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight

I have found that the more weight I lose, the more curvy I look because the smaller my waist gets. You're 9 lbs away from being in the "Normal" weight range, which, statistically speaking, reduces overall mortality in applicable groups of people (excluding muscle-mass outliers).

It sounds like it's gotten hard and so you're making some excuses. Trust me, you won't get that "skinny skinny" look at BMI 24.9. Bras can create boobs and squats can create butts.
  • angellll12
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    and some of you health craze will still think that's unhealthy. Understand something, you don't have to be a gym rat to be healthy.
    can you please point out a single person who has said you have to be a "gym rat" to be healthy?

Those words weren't used exactly but they were implied- that's what they make it seem anyway.
  • angellll12
    Options
    Have you seen the pictures I've posted?
    Do those girls look like apples?

Yeah being more curvy is considered to be sexy now a days, omg... How dare they. Guess what, not everyone cares to be ripped. I believe in getting cardio everyday to get your heart going but that's it. Not everyone has time to hop on the bike with their chicken legs. Why is being afraid to lose something on your body that you love so mind blowing? If I were obese I'd surely be worried about my health. Some of you health nuts are freaks and need to simmer down.
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Thick is in ?

Are you really willing to let a social fad dictate your health prospects ?
    Are you using thick is in as an excuse to not do the work to get to a healthy Body Fat % ?
    if you feel decent while carrying a high body fat % doesn't it stand to reason you would feel better at a lower Body fat % ?

Being "scared" to lose your butt and boobs ? really ? That is a silly rationalization. If you are going to use fear as a reason for something Be afraid of the long term health consequences of being overweigh. Your life may very well depend on it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

However, an apple is generally not a flattering shape.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    and some of you health craze will still think that's unhealthy. Understand something, you don't have to be a gym rat to be healthy.
    can you please point out a single person who has said you have to be a "gym rat" to be healthy?

Those words weren't used exactly but they were implied- that's what they make it seem anyway.

nobody has said or implied that.

But we have said- you should have some sort of fitness program- and any general well rounded fitness program will include a resistance/strength training component and a cardiovascular component. I think you'll be hard pressed to find any doctor or medical professional who will sign off and say - yeah completely healthy- and you do ZERO physical activity.

We have also said if you want to build a better butt- you'll need to be building muscle- which means squatting- dead lifting- bridge lifts/hip thrusters- with weight.

But sure- you can be "a shape" and be moderate 'healthy'- without working out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    5'2" and 130lbs. Even at this weight I look "thin thin" but I can lift hella heavy. I really think it all depends on body composition and where your body distributes the weight

I'd love to see what that looks like on you!

Anyone else thing OP is a 60 year old man?! :laugh:
  • angellll12
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight

I have found that the more weight I lose, the more curvy I look because the smaller my waist gets. You're 9 lbs away from being in the "Normal" weight range, which, statistically speaking, reduces overall mortality in applicable groups of people (excluding muscle-mass outliers).

It sounds like it's gotten hard and so you're making some excuses. Trust me, you won't get that "skinny skinny" look at BMI 24.9. Bras can create boobs and squats can create butts.

I noticed that as well as I lost weight. As I lost my weight around my hips I notice my bum and the way it curves out of my back ( know what I mean?) my *kitten* is more shapely. I do want to go down to 130.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

I still think you look overweight, too much body fat.

Wow could you be any more rude?

I know huh tumblr_m45buqHaZR1qjbyl8o1_5001.gif

The real thing you should check is all your numbers. heart rates. cholesteral, tris, blood pressure. those are the numbers that will tell you if where you are is healthy for you. check w your doctor.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I can't see most of the pics, so this comment is based on my experience and physique only.

I'm 5'3". 142 lbs is when I became uncomfortable enough to decide enough was enough and to lose weight. No way would 140+ lbs be satisfactory for me at 5' 2" unless I were a bodybuilder and I had 25% BF or lower.

OP, from my experience, most women lose fat from the low ribcage to mid thigh last. So, if you stop now, you've lost all that fat from the areas you didn't necessarily want to lose from, but haven't yet realized the benefits of losing the fat you really wanted to get rid of. Slimming your midsection is what will help make whatever curves you have, pop.

Plus, midsection fat is the fat that has the strongest correlation with negative health outcomes. In my opinion, stopping now would be the wrong move.

Keep in mind, that while you can't build up your breasts, you can certainly build your butt because it is muscle. So, don't worry about losing fat from there.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Yeah being more curvy is considered to be sexy now a days, omg... How dare they. Guess what, not everyone cares to be ripped. I believe in getting cardio everyday to get your heart going but that's it. Not everyone has time to hop on the bike with their chicken legs. Why is being afraid to lose something on your body that you love so mind blowing? If I were obese I'd surely be worried about my health. Some of you health nuts are freaks and need to simmer down.

more people are expressing concern over the fact you seem to be driven by a social implication.

If you love your a@@ then you love it and you don't need our justification for it. Mine's only gotten better- even as I've lost weight.

Do what you think is best for you- and what you like- not because something is "in"

also- LOL at getting ripped- you do realize that takes practically years of hard work right?

What's in is what I always liked. That's my vision of sexy, I used to think you always had to be super skinny to be hot- even though I never found that attractive. I tried to be that, worked out did what I had to do to lose weight but now that I'm 143 I think I look hot, even hotter if I go down to 130- and some of you health craze will still think that's unhealthy. Understand something, you don't have to be a gym rat to be healthy.

So you have no ability of forming your own opinion and can only do what mainstream society tells you what to like and do.

That is the single most pathetic thing I have ever read or heard in the past 5 years of my life. It must be so incredibly sad to be someone who HAS to be exactly what the trend is.

If it became a trend to start cutting your wrists then I guess we wouldn't have to put up with threads like this.
  • LilLuLu4
    LilLuLu4 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

"Normal" weight range does not statistically reduce overall mortality unless you're going from obese/morbidly obese to "normal".

And it's true that you won't get that "skinny skinny" look at 24.9, nor will you get that "fat fat" look at 25.0.

OP, if you feel that you are at a comfortable weight and you're HEALTHY, don't get wrapped up around the BMI chart. If you want to lose, then lose. Work on physical fitness. Do strength training to further enhance the parts of your body that you love. Don't obsess over the scale but monitor it so that it doesn't go way up. Nothing wrong with wondering how your body will change as you drop weight. If you were obese then I would say that should be the least of your worries. Since you're not, then do what works for you.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my goal weight is 135. That is as "skinny" as I look right. It puts me in about a size 6 and wearing small/mediums very well.

I also went from 160ish to 135 last year pre-baby. I had issues losing about every 10lbs and had to step it up for a bit each time. Post baby I started at 185 (pregnant) and am 152 with a goal of 135, and I again and having an issue getting below 150. ( increasingly gym time) and I imagine I will have to do it again at around 140. Good luck!
  • JulieJulliette
    JulieJulliette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The weight Doctor told me that I should weight 150 and I am 5' 5" I myself am not sure about that since I am more curvy and if you cut my boobs off I would lose weight there. Right now I am an E. I expect to lose back down to a D. I have however shrunk an inch. I use to be 5' 6" tall and weighted 165 and I looked good at that weight. I do not know you only that you are 5' 2" and weight 145. I think you have to be happy with yourself and be at a healthy weight. I myself will see how I look at 165 and if I think I need to lose to 150 I will. I am sure my Doctor is shooting for 150 and he could be right. I have shrank that inch.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Anyone else think OP is a 60 year old man with one hand down his pants?! :laugh:
    there is a distinct possibility, yes
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The weight Doctor told me that I should weight 150 and I am 5' 5" I myself am not sure about that since I am more curvy and if you cut my boobs off I would lose weight there. Right now I am an E. I expect to lose back down to a D. I have however shrunk an inch. I use to be 5' 6" tall and weighted 165 and I looked good at that weight. I do not know you only that you are 5' 2" and weight 145. I think you have to be happy with yourself and be at a healthy weight. I myself will see how I look at 165 and if I think I need to lose to 150 I will. I am sure my Doctor is shooting for 150 and he could be right. I have shrank that inch.

not for nothing- but my best friend is 5'5" and is a mean 125 pounds- you're probably more than safe at 150 pounds without losing all your goodies.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

I am the same height as you and I had the same thoughts. I got to 165 last May and thought I'd quit, but nope. Once I got there I realized I still had a lot of work to do. 32lbs later, I am basically done with weight loss and my focus is on fitness and building muscle.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Such a weird, sad thread. OP (and others really), if you're healthy and happy, stay where you are. If you want to change, change. Don't look to the Internet to tell you how to feel about your body. Maybe if you want opinions, I guess you could ask, but unless you truly respect the opinions of random strangers, seems like a pointless endeavor to me.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I mean, it really depends on if you're comfortable and happy. For what it's worth, my goal weight is 150 at (just shy of) 5'3". That said, if I found myself stuck here at 195 forever, I'd be pretty content.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    To add some more perspective:

Anna Mears is 5' 5" and weighs 160 lbs. Multiple track cycling Olympic gold medalist and world champion. She can kick your *kitten*.

Meares.jpg

Victoria Pendleton is also 5'5" and weighs 135 lbs. Multiple track cycling Olympic gold medalist and world champion. She can kick your *kitten*.

320px-Victoria_Pendleton.jpg

These two women were the best of the best in the world (both retired now), both had similar body fat %.

Yet one weighs 25 lbs more than the other and has a big rear end.

The difference?

Genetics. Something you have too, which makes you unique and unable to turn your body into a specific thing. You can't follow trends like this. You just get what you have been given.
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    mmm let's see...if you healthy but want curves, i would not say gain weight to get curves but to gain muscle. Muscle will give you curves with a tight firm body..