• TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I know many people who have been banned from her facebook page, most because they asked "why" and for science to back her up. Instead of having an adult conversation (which would show she doesn't know what she is talking about) she just blocks people. Real mature, right?

I have been banned from her facebook page... I'm going to guess it's because I called her a hypocrite because of her "shill" finger pointing... as she is a shill for many a "natural and organic" products...

But it's ok for her to hock over priced juice and other products because "her heart is in the right place"... this would be true if the "right place" was in the willfully ignorant peoples wallets.

Yup, but those of us that choose a scientific career are lying if we say it was to help people. We obviously want POWER!

Now let me go write my scientist congressperson......oh...wait....

Made me think of this:

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o3_r2_500.gif

Ha! NDT is my physics crush!

I love him!!! I saw him give a lecture in Boston...never thought I'd get so turned on listening about the periodic table. *swoon*

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Bukawww wrote: »
    I loved this. And Crazyjerseygirl.. you are right on. and its sad. because it's often those who have no choice in those decisions that suffer(unvaccinated kids).

And OH NO!! there's nitrogen in the air and acetic acid in your salad!! loved it!

Yup! And dihydrogen monoxide in your body! *gasp!*

The vaccination thing really irks me. My sons best friend can't get MMR for medical reasons, so now his parents get to live in fear because of dopes who prefer disbarred doctors and playboy bunnies to actual science. :(

If her son can't be vaccinated, then he is part of the problem - however he somehow gets a pass because you know his parents personally and understand their reasoning for not vaccinating. Parents that choose to under vaccinate or not at all just MIGHT have a good reason that doesn't seem obvious to people like you who like to clump everyone in the same box...very few people who do not vaccinate these days actually care about autism or Jenny McCarthy, FYI. You never know why parents choose not to vaccinate...but I'm sure you don't care about that and prefer to assume you know everything about everyone and their motives.

Uh huh
    There's legit medical reasons like albumin allergies (this boy), immune disorders, bad familial reaction and probably a few others of which I am unawares.

Then there are the scientifically illiterate who fear autism, Hg, viruses or just are on a bandwagon because it's cool. If you're in the latter category hell yeah I judge you, you're a dope.

No pro-vaxxer in their right mind has ANYTHING against the former group remaining unvaxed, its just dolts like to conflate the two to make us look bad. Shame on you.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Here is Science Babe's response to Fraud Broad's response:

Ms. Hari has already made false claims about me on her website.

Is anybody shocked?

One of us stuck to the facts. The other one made up some *kitten*.

To clear the air, I was not fired from my previous position as a research chemist. The company I was at had a rough two years fiscally and I was one of the last hired. I am re-hireable and was in good standing at my last company when I left. It was confirmed by management at the company that It had nothing to do with my writing. That was fabrication on the part of whoever sent her that email.

It was entirely libelous of her to publish that and I demand a retraction or she will be contacted by my lawyer.

Your move, Vani.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I know many people who have been banned from her facebook page, most because they asked "why" and for science to back her up. Instead of having an adult conversation (which would show she doesn't know what she is talking about) she just blocks people. Real mature, right?

I have been banned from her facebook page... I'm going to guess it's because I called her a hypocrite because of her "shill" finger pointing... as she is a shill for many a "natural and organic" products...

But it's ok for her to hock over priced juice and other products because "her heart is in the right place"... this would be true if the "right place" was in the willfully ignorant peoples wallets.

Yup, but those of us that choose a scientific career are lying if we say it was to help people. We obviously want POWER!

Now let me go write my scientist congressperson......oh...wait....

Made me think of this:

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o3_r2_500.gif

I remember watching this and agreeing, although it must be said that some of them are medical doctors. It must also be said that many engineers and scientists seem to have the personality of a dry sponge, so there's that.

Hey, I have the personality of a very moist bivalve TYVM!
    Options
    I saw that e-mail and it worked for me because it's impossible for someone to make up a story like that on the internet.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I saw that e-mail and it worked for me because it's impossible for someone to make up a story like that on the internet.

ZVQP7.gif
    Options
    You mean...some people do that???

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I read this too. She puts so much pressure on companies and none of it is necessary. I think she's really irresponsible.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    6rtmxwd72tdv.jpg

HAHAHAHA!
    Friend request loading...
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    When the lawyers get involved it can only mean one thing. Pass me the popcorn. :p
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    ♥ #ScienceBabe
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing that! i read the entire post all while eating snack well cookies which i'm sure are loaded with toxins! :D
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    Here is Science Babe's response to Fraud Broad's response:

Ms. Hari has already made false claims about me on her website.

Is anybody shocked?

One of us stuck to the facts. The other one made up some *kitten*.

To clear the air, I was not fired from my previous position as a research chemist. The company I was at had a rough two years fiscally and I was one of the last hired. I am re-hireable and was in good standing at my last company when I left. It was confirmed by management at the company that It had nothing to do with my writing. That was fabrication on the part of whoever sent her that email.

It was entirely libelous of her to publish that and I demand a retraction or she will be contacted by my lawyer.

Your move, Vani.

I need to re-like Science Babe...
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yay Science Babe! I love reading her stuff and follow her on Facebook!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing that! i read the entire post all while eating snack well cookies which i'm sure are loaded with toxins! :D

The cream filled sandwich cookies? Of all the Snackwells toxins, I like the toxins in the cream filling best.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    saw this on facebook last night and got super excited! Science Babe to the rescue!!!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I could go for a "toxic" cup of pumpkin spice coffee, for sure, never mind the season lol. With evil cow's milk in it, too! :D And scary packet of Splenda.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    So this is where some people I know are getting their "information"....

When I told them that my in-law's beef farm doesn't put any antibiotics into their cows (unless they're really sick... you know, kind of like what we would do ourselves if we were sick....) not because they're organic or whatever, but because that's the standard here, they didn't believe me. Apparently they weren't interested in talking to an actual farmer to find out what they actually do (or in most cases, don't do).

(I'm in Canada)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone posted this, but here is her response.
    http://foodbabe.com/response-to-gawker-the-food-babe-blogger-is-full-of-*kitten*/

Oh lord. I can't wait to get on FB and see what Yvette has to say about this BS slander attempt.