Steak or Salmon?

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Steak. I like salmon, but prefer to grill it at home.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Ribeye... Filet Mignon is just sad steak.

we don't usually disagree, but there is nothing said about filet mignon :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'll just pile on one more vote for steak. IT'S a STEAK HOUSE, woman ;) But seriously, get whatever you would enjoy best. But I'd get the filet mignon...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

True I didn't mean to steak shame... Filet mignon has its place

tumblr_inline_mim9jn5ZQS1qz4rgp.gif

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

You and my hubs would get along well!

Me I need those pockets of crispy fat in the ribeye!
  • ndj1979
    Options

True I didn't mean to steak shame... Filet mignon has its place

tumblr_inline_mim9jn5ZQS1qz4rgp.gif

LOL

don't get me wrong..I love me a big ole rib eye too!
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm another salmon lover voting for the filet. It's a steakhouse, so get a steak. Plus, you said you eat salmon more often. Eat the filet. Enjoy it. Feel no guilt about it!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Filet Mignon Oscar Style...

Omfg...
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I love both but I would go with the steak since it is a steakhouse.
  • lauriekat1120
    lauriekat1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone... I was leaning a bit towards the filet and I think I'll go with that, or try and split a more flavorful cut of meat with my mom. Y'all did make me laugh with the "IT'S A STEAKHOUSE" bit, because that's exactly what I say to my mom when she complains about dry chicken. Should probably take my own advice ;)
  • fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have whichever you want the most because you'll only regret it otherwise. If you're going to go over your calories then at least get the maximum enjoyment you can from it.
    That said, an additional tip is that if you have steak rare, it is harder for your body to digest and you will therefore absorb less calories (or so I heard?!) Enjoy your night out!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    fleurk126 wrote: »
    Have whichever you want the most because you'll only regret it otherwise. If you're going to go over your calories then at least get the maximum enjoyment you can from it.
    That said, an additional tip is that if you have steak rare, it is harder for your body to digest and you will therefore absorb less calories (or so I heard?!) Enjoy your night out!

you heard wrong...

it may slightly increase TEF which would increase calories burned off..but you are injesting the same amount of calories whether rare, medium rare, or overdone...
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

you heard wrong...

it may slightly increase TEF which would increase calories burned off..but you are injesting the same amount of calories whether rare, medium rare, or overdone...

I love that the next choice after medium rare is over done! Lol
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

Yes.... 100% this. Filet is pointless and flavorless.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

you heard wrong...

Because #truth
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    All about that steak, bout that steak, no salmon. Haha.

I'd say go for whichever you prefer the taste of. Personally, I am not a seafood fan so I would always pick the steak.
  • ndj1979
    Options

you heard wrong...

LOL anything over medium rate is over done in my book when it comes to steak ..

I had dinner with clients one night and they were saying how they loved filet mignon and then they ordered it well done!!!! I wanted to be like, you want a saw to cut that with ....but I guess we are all different ..

• COLTMUSCLE97
    COLTMUSCLE97 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Both :p
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

Yes.... 100% this. Filet is pointless and flavorless.

Heathen!