Before/After - Down 97.2 lbs - Bikini Pic

Options
bbygrl5
bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
I've finally done it! Three years later and I've hit the goal weight I set for myself, down 97.2lbs. I started out on my own. I had to make very slow changes at first. I discovered MFP in August 2010 and lost the last 40 lbs a lot faster than the first 60.

When I was 97lbs heavier, I could barely make it up my apartment stairs. I never dreamed I'd be able to do things like run a 5K or compete in the Fight For Air Climb. I mostly thought about the word can't and how I never had it in me to accomplish something this big. I don't remember the last time I said can't. I just know what I will do. One day I WILL run a marathon. One day I WILL hike Mt. Timpanogas. One day I WILL get Apolo Anton Ohno to show me how to speed skate.... but that's beside the point, lol.

Starting weight - 227 lbs
Current weight - 129.8 lbs

Starting jeans size - 24
Current size - 4

This after pic is me this past Friday night. My husband took me out for dinner and dancing to celebrate. The before was in Las Vegas about 2.5 years ago.

beforeafter6.png

I never thought I would be able to wear a bikini and feel comfortable in it. I don't look like a model and I definitely have work to do still to truly own this bikini, but I know I look good in it and that's more than I ever thought I'd be able to say.

beforeafter7.jpg

Scale pic reaching final goal :)

DSCN8248.jpg

The only thing I can tell people really is just to change your life. You're worth it, you know what you have to do, commit to it.

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and words cannot express how truly freaking proud and happy I am for you!!!

I love you. :heart:

Dani

PS- I say you DO own that bikini. And we know I'm always right! :wink:
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Wow that is amazing. Great job!!!!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations and thank you for inspiring me!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Such a great story and I love having you as a friend on here. I will always wish you the most success. By the way, you look great! :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You're awesome. :]
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    OMG........you look so amazing! Wow! Check it! Thank you for sharing you are a real inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow....that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be quite proud!
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    YOU are awesome! you're such an inspiration to me, not just bc you posted these pictures, but the support you've always given me is immeasurable. Thank you for that :)

you look so much younger now, btw. HOTTIE!!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A W E S O M E!!!!! You look amazing and should be VERY proud of yourself :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, really well done.
  • RochelleBlack
    Options
    Great job! You obviously took control of your life and are reaping the rewards of your HARD WORK and dedication!

Well done!

~Rochelle
    :wink:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job girl.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    That is truly amazing.... it's people like you who keep me going on this journey.... Thank you so much for sharing...! :)
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    So proud of you, so happy for you :D
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Be very proud of yourself.....you have done it!!!

WTG!!!!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You make me so happy and so proud! You inspire me, babe!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    AMAZING is all I can say.. it makes my goal more of a reality by seeing your pics.. thank you so much for sharing them.. Beautiful!
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    I love seeing this kind of sucess. Makes my day. You look great!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    oh my god!!!!! you look amazing!!!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Smoking :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!