You aren't always going to get support

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
For those who feel that family, spouse, friends, co workers, etc., don't support you, they more than likely aren't interested in your own quest to improve your health, fitness, or weightloss. Sorry, but sometimes that's just how it is. They don't care about it, nor want to participate. It's NOT their endeavor to take on.
So you just really have to be diligent and keep yourself accountable because in the end, it's still about you. You will care the most about you.

Have a good weekend.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    So true!
  • VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Obvious...and true!
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This is true. If you need other people to validate your choices, even the ones that you KNOW are good ones, then it's going to be very hard going.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Obvious...and true!

True, but not obvious, judging by the number of threads on this topic.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

So true...my man child aka son is all "shut up about lifting and calories and *kitten*"

• MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Very true.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Like with anything
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Actually I find that refreshing. Support from family and friends can be stifling, can make you feel like you're doing it for them, not you, and can make you feel self conscious. Just do it for you, and maybe they'll notice or comment, maybe they won't, but it's up to them to live their own lives and up to you to do what's right for yours.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

So true...my man child aka son is all "shut up about lifting and calories and *kitten*"

Haha what's exciting and interesting to us is so boring and uninteresting to them! And I'm including my husband in that too... :grumble:

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Oh Christine dont make me sad. I imagine you walking roun your house trying to get your steps in. We do care.

Tbh I havent needed anyone except myself, its a great journey and im impressed with the way i have gone about it. I care about me and thats more than enough. I do care about the people on my friends list and want them all to succeed though.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Obvious...and true!

True, but not obvious, judging by the number of threads on this topic.

Hmmm...maybe we could say obvious to people who are not in denial.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Oh Christine dont make me sad. I imagine you walking roun your house trying to get your steps in. We do care.

Tbh I havent needed anyone except myself, its a great journey and im impressed with the way i have gone about it. I care about me and thats more than enough. I do care about the people on my friends list and want them all to succeed though.

:heart: :heart:

Tigger I know y'all care, I'm talking about the "normal" or maybe "abnormal" people in our lives :tongue: :D

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Agreed. What is going to happen if/when they quit? Are they going to blame it on those they are counting on for support or take personal responsibility for it?

That being said, the topic of sabotage is one that I really don't understand. Just because someone offers you a cookie doesn't mean they are out to get you.