May Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Did another 6.17 miles today. Doubt I'll make my goal, but I'm still sticking with it.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I ended up creating a new ticker. it should be right now!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I ended up creating a new ticker. it should be right now!

Yes it looks fine :smile:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    The bad news is I'm not walking anywhere near as much as I wish I was, especially on the treadmill, because I'm having a heap of grief/trouble with my ankles and shins. Yes, I'm stretching... and I know losing weight will probably help the problem as will getting fitter and more used to the exercise. Anyone have any advice or experience? I was really gutted today to give up on the treadmill after only a mile due to not being able to get past the pain in my ankles (When I began having trouble quite a while back, I thought it was in my shins...now I'm thinking it's more in my ankles).

Congrats on your progress. I really think you should consult a physician on the ankle pain, it might not go away.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    4 miles on the elliptical today.
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Walked 6.5 miles today!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, well Sunday I walked for 7 miles, Monday I managed 6 miles and today about 3.5 miles so 16.5 miles to add :smile:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    2.6 mile walk roundtrip to post office!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    so I need 40 miles in 13 days, that's about 3 miles a day. Okay, I can do this. Just need to get focused.
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    Ran 1.75 miles on my elliptical and walked about a mile to and from my boys school! I took a 2 day break from my elliptical to add some of my workout DVDs into my routine! It was great to get back on the elliptical today!
  • samckeogh
    samckeogh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4 miles 2day
  • shannonaufman
    shannonaufman Posts: 383
    Options
    Walked 2 miles at work today and 3 miles with the 4-legged child. Signature updated!
  • Carolegn
    Carolegn Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Dinos. Not that it was what i wanted to hear, but I think I'll take your advice.
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Decided to celebrate my day by taking it a little easy- no workout. I did get s couple nice walks in since it is so nice here today. 5 miles today
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday miswen!

I rode the bike home from work today, 7.8 miles.
    Just completed Week 7 Day 1 of C25K and covered 2.5 miles.

That puts me past my goal!
    Ticker updated!
  • January91968
    Options
    You mean all those miles spread out during the month of May? You guys dont mean one day corect?
    Would love to join would even get my self one of those walking things. But this is not an excuse I have a bone spur thing surgery July third, Thank god I dont have to be on my feat all day.
    Don't get me wrong I can walk but my anckel is swollen and I cant put weight alot of weight on it. I went shopping today, and the card helped. Hey i brought graped, bananas yougurt and mangos, so at least I brought some veggies or weight maybe what I brought is fruit. I did buy a tomatoe did they ever decide if a tomatoe is a fruit or a veggie:smile:
  • January91968
    Options
    Sara how long did it take you to do the 27 and a halve miles?
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sara how long did it take you to do the 27 and a halve miles?

Me? The goal is the goal for the month, not for a day. And every sets their own goal, the point is to challenge yourself. I have done 207.5 miles from May 1st through today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I also walked this evening in the misting rain for a daily total of 6 miles. (3.5 this a.m. and 2.5 this evening)
  • mrshill1618
    mrshill1618 Posts: 14
    Options
    My feet are killin me but my friend and I walked 5 miles today... Thats more than weve ever done:-)

exercise.png