17 day diet?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to be really strict, and follow clear guidelines, in order to understand how certain foods affect you. Simply adhering to calories in and calories out, does not mean you're making healthy choices. What I like about this program, is that it gives you that opportunity to re-learn (or learn for the first time) how to make wise choices, and how to balance the carbs and proteins, healthy fats etc. For me, I find it more of a lesson in nutrition. Once I grasp the "nutrition" side of it, I will for sure trust in the calories in / out. But a month ago, I'm pretty sure I could have met my calorie budget and still been eating like crap. I might have still lost weight eventually, but that certainly doesn't mean it's healthy choices.
  • Mytwogirls
    Mytwogirls Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on it as of today! Did great day 1! It's NOT easy, by any means, but it's healthy. I'm hungry but that's to be expected! I posted signs on the fridge and my pantry and they're scaring me away! :) Time for bed, before I eat!! Good luck!!
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    Options
    You will love it!
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What happens on day 18?

I don't believe in fad, packaged up to market, diets

just eat to a calorie defecit - job done!

Def...diets are pointless...just don't overeat and exercise. But I guess lazy ppl want fast results....

I was lazy, and I'm trying to make positive changes. I would love a magic wand, but that's not feasible. I would appreciate positive support though. I wasn't trying to sell anyone on a quick fix! I'm not a fool, I'm just motivated, and even if it was water weight that left, it was an encouraging little bump in the right direction.

I hear you! Most of these people mean well (I think) but they have no tact in their approach. People like you and I are looking for motivation not rudeness. Good luck to you!! If it helps change your lifestyle you will be better in the end for it!!

Exactly! Good luck to you too! I really hope you enjoy it, and get out of it the same things I did. I look at food an entirely different way now. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Noticed the OP passes over the people who have done the 17 day diet and gained it all back plus some!!

LOL, Op you will do well.

I think some of these people, WK's, will pat/push people on the back right over a cliff. JS

Everyone is different. I can see how one would gain back everything if they go back to their previous eating habits. You might gain too, if you went back to your previous eating habits.

I think what we need to understand is where everyone is coming from. I could sit here and give you a full menu of what I used to eat vs what I've been eating over the past few weeks, and then again what I plan to eat in the future, but all you're reading is "fad diet = will fail". You haven't taken a moment to get to know me, or ask me what my goals are, or what my plans are, how I'm doing, etc. I could have started this post with "I'm thinking of reducing the number of carbs I eat, and increasing my fruites, veggies and lean proteins".

But I didn't go back. I kept eating fruit before 2...very little starches..you know the rules...lean meat/veggies for dinners, boiled eggs for breakfast etc.

I stilled gained it all back plus.

I am not trying to say you don't lose weight on this you do...and it's fast...but it doesn't teach you how to maintain, that you can eat all the food you love/crave/want and still lose weight...

I mean come on...I eat chocolate all the time, white bread, noodles, french fries, fast food etc...and I lose weight...but the different is I know how to maintain now...and I did for 9 months...*grumbles freakin' Jamaica* but I had fun gaining that 7lbs so not gonna knock it.
  • jamiehunt7025
    jamiehunt7025 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need help as I've just started
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    Options
    What kind of help are you looking for? Meal ideas?
  • smblahblah
    smblahblah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing the 17 day diet, or interested in starting? I have just started, and love it - but I'm looking for some like-minded people to keep the enthusiasm going with !

I did the 17 day diet from Jan-March and lost 20 pounds and manyyyy inches. Today is my first day back on the diet!