Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I didn't care for the apple pieces. They had a weird texture to me.

Awww...no. They're apple pieces? I figured they'd be like pie crust pieces.

I think it had both-- it's been awhile. I just remember really liking the base and the caramel part but not being able to get past the texture of the apples.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I think it had both-- it's been awhile. I just remember really liking the base and the caramel part but not being able to get past the texture of the apples.

I had the caramel apple pie one a while ago too; I believe it had both Apple bits and crust bits.

@mamapeach910, I hear mixed reviews too, but I loved it! I have to run to the store for eggs tonight and I may just look through the freezer section and see if any Talenti sales are going on...raspberry cheesecake is at the top of my list.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Yeah. Those apple bits actually suck pretty badly. I'm surprised they even it sell it like that. The base is good though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Yeah I think it's both. I've only had one serving of it and I wasn't impressed either.
  • arditarose
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Yeah I think it's both. I've only had one serving of it and I wasn't impressed either.

It's a very dumb flavor. I mean...I'll eat it. But, not the best.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I finally tried the coffee chocolate chip and the southern butter pecan. The first was okay - nice coffee flavor. The second was amazing.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I finally tried the coffee chocolate chip and the southern butter pecan. The first was okay - nice coffee flavor. The second was amazing.

I still would rather have a slice of pecan pie. It IS good though.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I really liked it. Top 5. It's still all about the salted caramel though.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

I must be the only one who likes it.
  • arditarose
    Options

I really liked it. Top 5. It's still all about the salted caramel though.

Agreed.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This kinda makes me glad I didn't pick up caramel apple from Krogers today. I was really eyeing that flavor too.

Southern butter pecan was super good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That's okay, I absolutely love the chocolate peanut butter cup and I think I've only run across maybe one other person who really liked that one.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe I should join this group. I just recently started eating ice cream again (and I haven't had gelato since the summer of '07!).

I'll definitely peruse the thread, some of the ice creams that I've seen mentioned so far I've never heard of! And I'm getting more curious about Talenti...
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options

That's okay, I absolutely love the chocolate peanut butter cup and I think I've only run across maybe one other person who really liked that one.

I keep eyeballing that one.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Butter Pecan is really one of my favorite flavors they have.

If anyone has seen German Chocolate Cake I urge you to try it, it's amazing in my opinion.
    I finished off the German chocolate cake in one sitting. Then I couldn't find it again. Sad.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe I should join this group. I just recently started eating ice cream again (and I haven't had gelato since the summer of '07!).

I'll definitely peruse the thread, some of the ice creams that I've seen mentioned so far I've never heard of! And I'm getting more curious about Talenti...

I have found all sorts of wonderful ice creams and gelatos through other group members' reviews in the group forum. I'm not even really an ice cream / gelato aficionado but the group got me trying all sorts of incredible treats. Join!

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Butter Pecan is really one of my favorite flavors they have.

If anyone has seen German Chocolate Cake I urge you to try it, it's amazing in my opinion.

OMG German Chocolate Cake is one of my favorite things ever and I googled... no gluten. I can have it. I will hunt this down like a hunting thing that hunts.

Thanks for the recommendation.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to find the German Chocolate cake. Very sad about that.

Yeah the raspberry cheesecake pieces are lemony, which is probably why I wasn't a fan (just tasted too tart for me). I like the caramel apple pie though, and the peanut butter cup, just not my favorites either, so I'd rather spend the calories on something else (still got to finish the caramel apple pie, but saving it for when a pie craving hits).

Butter pecan is great. Sure, I'd rather have a slice of pecan pie, but 220 calories vs 600, well... you got to make a choice somewhere. My daughter and husband polished off the sea salt caramel we had, so I got her the Trader Joe's gelato. I like it too, and it's cheaper (but yeah, no candy piece in it).

Tiramisu is awesome. Drove by a Giant when I was 20 minutes away and had to stop, and they had it. Really wish I could find it closer.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think the calorie count on the Talenti is spooking me. :fearful: Maybe when I up my maintenance calories more. I'm at 1300 right now.