Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Okay, I have joined the group! Not sure I can commit to the Spring Cleanse, cos a) it's Autumn :p, and b) I have a couple of busy weeks of stuff that I need to bank any spare calories for, so fitting gelato in every day would be a stretch :\.

But is it wrong that I planned a gelato crawl (like a pub crawl, but with gelato) in my head tonight? I can think of 8 places off the top of my head within walking distance of my house that I can get little cups or cones of gelato. One is in completely the other direction of all the others, but hey, exercise! Then there's two cinemas and two pizzerias that do single serves also within walking distance. And then four supermarkets that sell litre tubs...

I mean, I wouldn't actually do it, but a girl can dream, right??
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Okay, I have joined the group! Not sure I can commit to the Spring Cleanse, cos a) it's Autumn :p, and b) I have a couple of busy weeks of stuff that I need to bank any spare calories for, so fitting gelato in every day would be a stretch :\.

But is it wrong that I planned a gelato crawl (like a pub crawl, but with gelato) in my head tonight? I can think of 8 places off the top of my head within walking distance of my house that I can get little cups or cones of gelato. One is in completely the other direction of all the others, but hey, exercise! Then there's two cinemas and two pizzerias that do single serves also within walking distance. And then four supermarkets that sell litre tubs...

I would do a Gelato crawl in a heartbeat!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member

I would do a Gelato crawl in a heartbeat!

Trust me, I did do the calculation on just how many I could visit in one day and not be over (taking into account the cals burnt with the walking of course, but that really only allowed for one more stop at best, unless I include the outlier in the wrong direction).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Can I ask you guys...How often do you eat only one serving of ice cream/gelato? My minimum is 1.5 servings.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Can I ask you guys...How often do you eat only one serving of ice cream/gelato? My minimum is 1.5 servings.

Never, but my cals are high
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Pretty much always. Even if I have enough calories for more than that I'd rather have gelato and a couple of cookies or something else.
  • arditarose

Pretty much always. Even if I have enough calories for more than that I'd rather have gelato and a couple of cookies or something else.

Yeah, I actually planned for some toast and peanut butter as well and only one serving of gelato tonight.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Your hemisphere is doing it wrong... :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

It happens! Or I count grams to make it fit in my day...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member

It's usually not worth it to me if I can only have one serving, haha. I usually eat 1.5 servings - that seems like enough to satisfy me. Two servings is even better, if I have the calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member

It depends on how many calories I have left and what I'm eating. If it's Edy's Slow Churned, that's usually 2 servings (200-260 calories total). Gelato and other ice creams, usually 1-1.5, and Ben & Jerry's/Graeter's I stick to one serving because of the higher calorie amount.
  • Has anyone tried an ice cream of the month club? Or even just having an order of ice cream shipped to their house? I don't have a ton of options at my local stores and was wondering how ice cream holds up via Fedex/UPS.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Has anyone tried an ice cream of the month club? Or even just having an order of ice cream shipped to their house? I don't have a ton of options at my local stores and was wondering how ice cream holds up via Fedex/UPS.

If they package it with dry ice it should be okay, but I don't remember how long dry ice lasts.

I would totally be down for an ice cream of the month club
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Has anyone tried an ice cream of the month club? Or even just having an order of ice cream shipped to their house? I don't have a ton of options at my local stores and was wondering how ice cream holds up via Fedex/UPS.

Yes I've had Jeni's delivered 3 times now, they pack it in dry ice and it's been fine.
  • GiveMeCoffee

Most nights it's just 1 serving, if I have extra room I like something different normally, cookies, cupcakes, etc. Or I have a serving early and a different kind later.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member

When cutting I often have less than one full serving. But then I like to keep a little room for wine or beer with dinner and maybe some tequila to sip after dinner.

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

It depends on how many calories I have left and what I'm eating. If it's Edy's Slow Churned, that's usually 2 servings (200-260 calories total). Gelato and other ice creams, usually 1-1.5, and Ben & Jerry's/Graeter's I stick to one serving because of the higher calorie amount.

Lol Ben and jerrys is not very calorie friendly. I'll eat 1 or two servings nightly.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

That's a good point too-- I usually have 2 servings if it's Edy's slow-churned too. I've just gotten to be such a snob that I don't have any of that around. :laugh:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Pretty much this unless it's jeni's because 2 servings would be $5-7...
  • arditarose

Yeah, you're right. It's easier to fit in two servings of Edy's or Breyers, which is why I get them sometimes. I'm getting 1 and 1/3 servings of Talenti tonight. Stoked.

I was just curious because it seems like I have trouble with that one serving moderation, but I do plan my day around a bit more than a serving. As the day progresses and I feel like I need more food or want to hit my macros better, I'll subtract from the gelato...Not always though :)