Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have the Salted Peanut Caramel, it's alright, but not as good as the Sea Salt Caramel
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Now I want to go back to the store and get the Sea Salt Caramel. What is it, like 240 calories in a serving?
  • Azexas
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ugh. Now I want to go back to the store and get the Sea Salt Caramel. What is it, like 240 calories in a serving?

I couldn't find any Sea Salt when I was at stop and shop. I think they sent them all back with the recall :s
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    There is a little gelato shop in Cape May, NJ that has the best gelato ever hands down.

well if we want to drill it down the best gelato is north of Varese in Lago Majorie Italy ….just saying :)

Ok...you win
  • arditarose
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I couldn't find any Sea Salt when I was at stop and shop. I think they sent them all back with the recall :s

Oh yeah, I don't know what's going on with that. I thought I saw some today.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

yea there was none at fresh market or publix…
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    As of tonight, I am no longer a Talenti virgin. And it was on sale when I got it today. Southern Butter Pecan. I feel dirty. And I mean that in a really, really good way.

They sell it at my Target, so I'll get my cherry popped soon.
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As of tonight, I am no longer a Talenti virgin. And it was on sale when I got it today. Southern Butter Pecan. I feel dirty. And I mean that in a really, really good way.

we will all be waiting for the video ….bahahahahahahahahha

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

It's filling the hole in my soul left by the closure of the local gelato shop. I don't eat it that often because sugar can trigger my migraines. But anyway, this shop was epic. This guy made everything from scratch. He had a Dulce de Leche gelato that would have made you weep. He condensed and caramelized the milk himself. Oh and another one... New Jersey Silver Queen Sweet Corn gelato. Weird but delicious.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    << Also never had gelato - though reading through this thread I may have to grab a pint on the way home. I've got calories left!!
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've never had it until three days ago. I got the peanut butter and chocolate Talenti. Day one I was like "I don't know. I like it but I'm not sure." Day two I was like "Ooh that was a nice chunk of peanut butter. This is pretty creamy. It's growing on me." Day three it was the only thing I could think about and I found myself in my kitchen at midnight licking the container empty with my fingers.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    << Also never had gelato - though reading through this thread I may have to grab a pint on the way home. I've got calories left!!

You really should. It's like margarine vs butter. There's really only one choice.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    OK OK...I'm heading to the store now
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    ice cream? what iz dis ting you mention?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OK OK...I'm heading to the store now

there you go ….

• juggernaut1974
    Options
    Ok so what flavor? Choc pb cup? Caramel apple pie? Southern Butter pecan? Sea salt caramel?

Aaaarrrrrgggh

Going with choc pb cup I think
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ok so what flavor? Choc pb cup? Caramel apple pie? Southern Butter pecan? Sea salt caramel?

Aaaarrrrrgggh

The choc pb cup won't disappoint. The Seal Salt caramel is pretty special.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Aaaarrrrrgggh

i have not had sea salt caramel but everyone swears by it..

choc pb cup is the BOMB!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Tiramisu and Hazelnut Chocolate Chip have moved to the top of my list.
  • Azexas
    Options

Aaaarrrrrgggh

Sea Salt Caramel is amazing! I'm a vote for the Mediterranean Mint- which is my second favorite.