Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not far from Redhook but I don't have a car and it's so awkward to get to.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the Gelato Fiasco?

I get it at Fairway. There's one in Red Hook.

Ya I just looked it up and saw Fairway has it. I work near the Upper West Side one so maybe I'll stop in there.
    The also have 2 Fairways in the city but you'll have to bring a cooler and a bag of ice to stop it from melting. I did that once when I brought 2 ice creams upstate in Poughkeepsie and once when I picked up 3 on the Lower east side. Both times the ice creams survived.

ha, thats nuts..

I could not imagine having to bring a cooler and ice when shopping for ice cream. ...

I do it too-- it's about a 45 minute drive to my favorite ice cream hunting places.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Ya I just looked it up and saw Fairway has it. I work near the Upper West Side one so maybe I'll stop in there.
    The also have 2 Fairways in the city but you'll have to bring a cooler and a bag of ice to stop it from melting. I did that once when I brought 2 ice creams upstate in Poughkeepsie and once when I picked up 3 on the Lower east side. Both times the ice creams survived.

ha, thats nuts..

I could not imagine having to bring a cooler and ice when shopping for ice cream. ...

I do it too-- it's about a 45 minute drive to my favorite ice cream hunting places.

maybe I need to expand my search radius, as I appear to be missing out on flavors….:)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

ha, thats nuts..

Target is a good 45 minutes from my house and I'll wrap the ice cream in my ski pants.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Just finished 100g of Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch and then I opened this thread....

THIS IS THE STUFF THAT DIET SUCCESS IS MADE OF: eat your yummies, enjoy every gram, PROFIT.
  • arditarose
    Options

You needed it from the LES to Queens? I'm like a 45 min train ride from the UWS side Fairway so I thought it'd be okay.
    Yeah, I wanted to pick up a Gelato Fiasco and a B&J flavor I couldn't find that someone told me was there. I drove to Queens so it was only 20 minutes. From Poughkeepsie with a stop at Walmart it was 2 hours but for that trip I wrapped the containers in aluminum foil as well.

Pack your bulletproof vest.

Hmm...Well I don't want to make a melty mess on the subway by the time I get to West 4th street.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Not to be a creeper but Redhook NY? I'm from poughkeepsie.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Haha hooray for fellow New Yorkers!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Talenti is on sale at Shoprite this week. I bought Oatmeal Cookie and Peanut Salted Caramel.
    16-02-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

oatmeal cookie? Never seen that one…is it good?

These are the new Talenti Flavors. You'll recognize the first on the list. It's the only one I've found so far.

Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato
    Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Gelato
    Salted Peanut Caramel Gelato
    Coffee Toffee Gelato
    Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Gelato
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Gelato
    Tiramisu Gelato

So far have tried:
    Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato - Top 5 all time favorite Talenti flavors now
    Coffee Toffee Gelato - Delicious if you like coffee ice cream
    Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Gelato - Flavor is okay, texture isn't great for this won't buy again
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Gelato - About the same as the Oatmeal

Will be picking up the other flavors on Thursday, Shoprite ordered them for me and $2.88 a pint so cleared out my ice cream freezer

NDJ - you were one of the test markets for Raspberry cheesecake, it should show up again soon

As for this:
    Weight loss is fine, but overall health I would have thought would be important too...no point in eating what you want to the detriment of overall health if eating what your want is detrimental to your health, but that's just me

Some of us have learned that mental health is also very important on maintaining this, and 2 years in with eating a small portion of some dessert nightly, I went from being in and out of the hospital to not having been there in over a year with nearly perfect blood / lab reports. So overall health is doing very well
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Fresh Market

i don't think the one down here has it….

sometimes the south really does suck….

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

Also grab the Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel if you see it.

This is probably my current favorite; and for those cutting or with little calories to spare for treats it offers a generous serving for only 170 calories! Acrylics first brought this to my attention and I made a special trip to a store I didn't know existed to get it -- so happy I did!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Not to be a creeper but Redhook NY? I'm from poughkeepsie.

Ya I live in Brooklyn.
  • arditarose
    Options

You needed it from the LES to Queens? I'm like a 45 min train ride from the UWS side Fairway so I thought it'd be okay.
    Yeah, I wanted to pick up a Gelato Fiasco and a B&J flavor I couldn't find that someone told me was there. I drove to Queens so it was only 20 minutes. From Poughkeepsie with a stop at Walmart it was 2 hours but for that trip I wrapped the containers in aluminum foil as well.

I've definitely walked through the projects to IKEA numerous times. One time I was wearing a bright red bandana and I was like...I hope this is not the "wrong" color.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I've definitely walked through the projects to IKEA numerous times. One time I was wearing a bright red bandana and I was like...I hope this is not the "wrong" color.

Yeah, that wasn't very bright of you at all!!! The sad part is that if you're walking in the middle of the street it's always the wrong color.

What?? Crips and Bloodz still exist in the QB?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Fresh Market

i don't think the one down here has it….

sometimes the south really does suck….

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

Also grab the Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel if you see it.

This is probably my current favorite; and for those cutting or with little calories to spare for treats it offers a generous serving for only 170 calories! Acrylics first brought this to my attention and I made a special trip to a store I didn't know existed to get it -- so happy I did!

Is it supposed to cost 7.50 a pint? I saw some at Whole Foods, but wasn't sure if that was normal.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Yeah, that wasn't very bright of you at all!!! The sad part is that if you're walking in the middle of the street it's always the wrong color.

What?? Crips and Bloodz still exist in the QB?

QB as in Queens Bridge? I know bloods are still there but we're talking about BK.
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about Queens.
    Anytime I see cripz or bloodz or gang colors it reminds me of the nineties. Nostalgia.

Anyhow, back to ice creams. I walked through sleet and snow, 5 blocks, to take advantage of the last day Talenti sale. I didn't even umbrella once.