Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I read posts about this Talenti almost everyday because of this group
    I notice it almost every time I'm in the grocery store
    It's more expensive than what I'm used to but one of these days I will take the plunge and buy some. Maybe I can treat myself to that or one of the new ben and jerry flavors soon for getting out of the wheelchair. >:)

That would certainly be worth the treat! And if I may offer a suggestion, the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel is really, really good. Others undoubtedly have a different opinion, but I tend to judge sea salt caramel items (ice cream , gelato, yogurts, candy, etc. -- it's a popular flavor right now) against the Talenti as the standard. Just very well done.

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    In other new, I recently borrowed a workmates ice cream maker and used it along with my home made lemon curd to make lemon curd swirl cheesecake ice cream. Whoa, nelly.

You can make some really good stuff, once we warm up here I go back to making almost all my own. Plus you can get Jeni's and other recipes to come close to recreating.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    It's more expensive than what I'm used to but one of these days I will take the plunge and buy some. Maybe I can treat myself to that or one of the new ben and jerry flavors soon for getting out of the wheelchair. >:)

That definitely deserves a celebration requiring at least Talenti more Jeni's
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    CyberTone wrote: »
    [. . . snip . . .]

[. . . snip . . .]

Thanks for that.

If I use that to remind my kids that the Talenti and higher end gelatos / ice creams are strictly "mom and dad only" does that make me a bad parent? I mean, I make sure to have other ice cream around for them . . . I'm just talking about reinforcing that certain ones are hands off.

I think I may be a bad parent, or a least a greedy, devious one. >:)

Sounds like good parenting to me :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Talenti Bargain Alert at Giant Foods - VA-DC-MD-PA? through Thu 3/5 with MyGiant Card
    $3.99 (50 cents off) each, plus buy $20 or more and get $10 off frozen foods deal

PRODUCT RECALL: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato (1 UPC)
    Recall Date: Mar 02, 2015
    Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato - One Pint
    UPC: 18685200024
    Codes: All Codes
    Consumers may return any of the specific product for a full refund. Additional questions should be directed to Unilever at 1-888-798-5131. All sell by dates of this product have been removed out of extreme caution. The supplier has only indicated that the best by date of 5/19/2016 is impacted. This product is located in the pint ice cream section.

Recall information: Talenti Gelato and Sorbetto, a Unilever company, is voluntarily recalling a limited number of jars of Talenti Gelato and Sorbetto Sea Salt Caramel Gelato because they may inadvertently contain peanuts (as peanut butter), which are not listed as an ingredient on the label.

I started wondering if the Sea Salt Caramel I bought last week was a part of this...but then I remembered I got a quart

I only justify the price of Talenti by reminding myself that's how much I pay for a pint of Graeter's
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Do you have a Sprouts in Southwestern Colorado? I am in the Boulderish area so I am not sure. Today I found Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Salted Peanut Caramel there and they were buy one get one which was a great deal.
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the Gelato Fiasco?

Fresh Market

i don't think the one down here has it….

sometimes the south really does suck….

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

Also grab the Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel if you see it.

This is probably my current favorite; and for those cutting or with little calories to spare for treats it offers a generous serving for only 170 calories! Acrylics first brought this to my attention and I made a special trip to a store I didn't know existed to get it -- so happy I did!

Is it supposed to cost 7.50 a pint? I saw some at Whole Foods, but wasn't sure if that was normal.

I think my spot has it for $6.99. It's pricey but worth it

I got mine 2 for $7 at Publix. I wish I had gotten more.

That's Talenti, right? Gelato Fiasco at 2 for $7 would be a steal. I was just happy to find it since according to their website, it is available at precisely two locations west of eastern Texas, and one just happened to be within about 20 minutes drive of me.

Heck, 2 Talenti for $7 is darn near a steal, though I've seen those sorts of sales every so often at Lucky's, Safeway, or Target.

Yes, it was Talenti! It was for Publix's Viva Italia sale they have every year. It's been going on for a few weeks, but it ended today. Sorry, I didn't see the brand you guys were talking about - I was just excited that I had stocked up!

As well you should be! I am close to emptying out my freezer and will be stocking up again soon -- always a fun event!

EDIT: And Alaterial - ouch!

Im down to one lonely pint of talenti and apparently the new flavors are like ghosts in Southwestern Colorado. I may need to move for ice cream.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The two Shop Rites in my area stocked the new Talenti yesterday (except Tiramisu for some reason). Convenient considering that they are on sale. My favorite by far is the hazelnut chocolate chip. I bought 9 pints of random flavors... wish I had a bigger freezer.

I've never seen the German Chocolate cake flavor either. I saw toasted almond once but now it's gone.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »
    Do you have a Sprouts in Southwestern Colorado? I am in the Boulderish area so I am not sure. Today I found Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Salted Peanut Caramel there and they were buy one get one which was a great deal.
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the Gelato Fiasco?

Fresh Market

i don't think the one down here has it….

sometimes the south really does suck….

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

Also grab the Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel if you see it.

This is probably my current favorite; and for those cutting or with little calories to spare for treats it offers a generous serving for only 170 calories! Acrylics first brought this to my attention and I made a special trip to a store I didn't know existed to get it -- so happy I did!

Is it supposed to cost 7.50 a pint? I saw some at Whole Foods, but wasn't sure if that was normal.

I think my spot has it for $6.99. It's pricey but worth it

I got mine 2 for $7 at Publix. I wish I had gotten more.

That's Talenti, right? Gelato Fiasco at 2 for $7 would be a steal. I was just happy to find it since according to their website, it is available at precisely two locations west of eastern Texas, and one just happened to be within about 20 minutes drive of me.

Heck, 2 Talenti for $7 is darn near a steal, though I've seen those sorts of sales every so often at Lucky's, Safeway, or Target.

Yes, it was Talenti! It was for Publix's Viva Italia sale they have every year. It's been going on for a few weeks, but it ended today. Sorry, I didn't see the brand you guys were talking about - I was just excited that I had stocked up!

As well you should be! I am close to emptying out my freezer and will be stocking up again soon -- always a fun event!

EDIT: And Alaterial - ouch!

Im down to one lonely pint of talenti and apparently the new flavors are like ghosts in Southwestern Colorado. I may need to move for ice cream.

Closest sprouts is in albuquerque. Sorta contemplating the six hour drive but thinking maybe that's a bit over the top. Trader joes would on the do stop at list of I did.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    So there was no Talenti at my grocery store. I had to settle for the Haagen Dazs salted caramel.

It was like I saw Jesus. I don't think I'll ever go back to ice cream again.

Can't wait to try the Talenti!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So there was no Talenti at my grocery store. I had to settle for the Haagen Dazs salted caramel.

lol I still can't believe you've never had gelato. What happened?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    publix now has the raspberry cheesecake again!!!!!! I am having some tonight…!!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    There is a little gelato shop in Cape May, NJ that has the best gelato ever hands down.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Boo. I don't get any tonight.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

lol I still can't believe you've never had gelato. What happened?

I don't eat ice cream much honestly - it does bad things to my belly. But sometimes it's just worth it. You guys are always talking about gelato, so I had to give it a shot.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    There is a little gelato shop in Cape May, NJ that has the best gelato ever hands down.

well if we want to drill it down the best gelato is north of Varese in Lago Majorie Italy ….just saying :)
  • ndj1979
    Options

why not?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    As of tonight, I am no longer a Talenti virgin. And it was on sale when I got it today. Southern Butter Pecan. I feel dirty. And I mean that in a really, really good way.
  • arditarose
    Options

why not?

I dunno. Didn't have quite enough calories left over for a full serving and I don't feel well so I'd rather use the calories to graze a bit more tonight. Got chocolate planned though.
  • arditarose
    Options
    As of tonight, I am no longer a Talenti virgin. And it was on sale when I got it today. Southern Butter Pecan. I feel dirty. And I mean that in a really, really good way.

You lost your talenti virginity. What a special day.