Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the Gelato Fiasco?

Fresh Market

i don't think the one down here has it….

sometimes the south really does suck….

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

Also grab the Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel if you see it.

This is probably my current favorite; and for those cutting or with little calories to spare for treats it offers a generous serving for only 170 calories! Acrylics first brought this to my attention and I made a special trip to a store I didn't know existed to get it -- so happy I did!

Is it supposed to cost 7.50 a pint? I saw some at Whole Foods, but wasn't sure if that was normal.

At Fresh Market it's 5.99 I think.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Fresh Market

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

This is probably my current favorite; and for those cutting or with little calories to spare for treats it offers a generous serving for only 170 calories! Acrylics first brought this to my attention and I made a special trip to a store I didn't know existed to get it -- so happy I did!

Is it supposed to cost 7.50 a pint? I saw some at Whole Foods, but wasn't sure if that was normal.

At Fresh Market it's 5.99 I think.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out elsewhere.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Fresh Market

I think I paid 6 or 7 bucks for the pint at Fresh Market. It is definitely not cheap! (But not as expensive as Jeni's!). Just finished off the last of the open pint as a snack after lunch - sooo good. One more pint in the freezer before I have to make another run.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Fresh Market

I think my spot has it for $6.99. It's pricey but worth it

I got mine 2 for $7 at Publix. I wish I had gotten more.
  • Cortelli
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fresh Market

That's Talenti, right? Gelato Fiasco at 2 for $7 would be a steal. I was just happy to find it since according to their website, it is available at precisely two locations west of eastern Texas, and one just happened to be within about 20 minutes drive of me.

Heck, 2 Talenti for $7 is darn near a steal, though I've seen those sorts of sales every so often at Lucky's, Safeway, or Target.

EDIT: Just checked their website again and now they have grocery stores carrying it in Seattle and Portland, too. Wasn't there several weeks back - so if you're interested but they're not in your area, check in so often -- appears they're expanding distribution pretty quickly.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm posting here because I think you'll all feel my pain. I'm in Australia, and B&Js is a newcomer-ish here (last few years only, and started off very hard to come by) and not all the flavours are available. It's getting more common but yeah. So last night I stopped at the 7-11 on the way home from Taekwondo, saw the freezer full of it and decide I have to have some.

$14.50 a pint. SRSLY.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm posting here because I think you'll all feel my pain. I'm in Australia, and B&Js is a newcomer-ish here (last few years only, and started off very hard to come by) and not all the flavours are available. It's getting more common but yeah. So last night I stopped at the 7-11 on the way home from Taekwondo, saw the freezer full of it and decide I have to have some.

$14.50 a pint. SRSLY.
    That's like Jeni's except 2 dollars more!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Fresh Market

That's Talenti, right? Gelato Fiasco at 2 for $7 would be a steal. I was just happy to find it since according to their website, it is available at precisely two locations west of eastern Texas, and one just happened to be within about 20 minutes drive of me.

Heck, 2 Talenti for $7 is darn near a steal, though I've seen those sorts of sales every so often at Lucky's, Safeway, or Target.

Yes, it was Talenti! It was for Publix's Viva Italia sale they have every year. It's been going on for a few weeks, but it ended today. Sorry, I didn't see the brand you guys were talking about - I was just excited that I had stocked up!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

$14.50 a pint. SRSLY.

To add insult to injury, they don't seem to have brought out Cherry Garcia in Australia. Harumph.
  • Cortelli
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fresh Market

Yes, it was Talenti! It was for Publix's Viva Italia sale they have every year. It's been going on for a few weeks, but it ended today. Sorry, I didn't see the brand you guys were talking about - I was just excited that I had stocked up!

As well you should be! I am close to emptying out my freezer and will be stocking up again soon -- always a fun event!

EDIT: And Alaterial - ouch!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    In other new, I recently borrowed a workmates ice cream maker and used it along with my home made lemon curd to make lemon curd swirl cheesecake ice cream. Whoa, nelly.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

$14.50 a pint. SRSLY.

To add insult to injury, they don't seem to have brought out Cherry Garcia in Australia. Harumph.
    I'm truly sorry. I wish I could send you moderately priced ice creams. Although I would imagine Australia might have some local brand that's good?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Fresh Market

As well you should be! I am close to emptying out my freezer and will be stocking up again soon -- always a fun event!

Im down to one lonely pint of talenti and apparently the new flavors are like ghosts in Southwestern Colorado. I may need to move for ice cream.

• Cortelli
    Options

Fresh Market

Im down to one lonely pint of talenti and apparently the new flavors are like ghosts in Southwestern Colorado. I may need to move for ice cream.

I haven't seen the new Talenti flavors yet, either, but I haven't really been looking (just glancing in the freezers at a local grocery if I am there). I have high hopes when I make my stock run that I'll have no trouble finding them close by somewhere. Even with a kid with a peanut allergy in the house, I think I am going to have to try the salted peanut caramel one. And I want the hazelnut choc chip, and the coffee toffee especially.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Talenti Bargain Alert at Giant Foods - VA-DC-MD-PA? through Thu 3/5 with MyGiant Card
    $3.99 (50 cents off) each, plus buy $20 or more and get $10 off frozen foods deal

PRODUCT RECALL: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato (1 UPC)
    Recall Date: Mar 02, 2015
    Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato - One Pint
    UPC: 18685200024
    Codes: All Codes
    Consumers may return any of the specific product for a full refund. Additional questions should be directed to Unilever at 1-888-798-5131. All sell by dates of this product have been removed out of extreme caution. The supplier has only indicated that the best by date of 5/19/2016 is impacted. This product is located in the pint ice cream section.

Recall information: Talenti Gelato and Sorbetto, a Unilever company, is voluntarily recalling a limited number of jars of Talenti Gelato and Sorbetto Sea Salt Caramel Gelato because they may inadvertently contain peanuts (as peanut butter), which are not listed as an ingredient on the label.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    [. . . snip . . .]

[. . . snip . . .]

Thanks for that.

If I use that to remind my kids that the Talenti and higher end gelatos / ice creams are strictly "mom and dad only" does that make me a bad parent? I mean, I make sure to have other ice cream around for them . . . I'm just talking about reinforcing that certain ones are hands off.

I think I may be a bad parent, or a least a greedy, devious one. >:)

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I read posts about this Talenti almost everyday because of this group
    I notice it almost every time I'm in the grocery store
    It's more expensive than what I'm used to but one of these days I will take the plunge and buy some. Maybe I can treat myself to that or one of the new ben and jerry flavors soon for getting out of the wheelchair. >:)
  • Alatariel75
    Options

$14.50 a pint. SRSLY.

I'm truly sorry. I wish I could send you moderately priced ice creams. Although I would imagine Australia might have some local brand that's good?

We're getting there, we have some great by-the-cone places but the supermarket and take home carton stuff has a ways to go. I did just find a dark chocolate orange one thats amazing though.