What did you "Say No" to today?

Options

Replies

• reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I said no to (1) the candy bars that were calling my name at the checkout stand (2) getting seconds of my mexican lasagna and (3) skipping my workout today! :smooched: :love:
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I said no to the ben and jerrys cherry garcia ice cream..
    and chipolte for dinner! man do i love chipolte..
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Said no to Russian Fudge the guy at my local cafe offered me free
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thin mints. That was tough.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    -Starbucks
    -Crying in the corner because it's almost TOM and hubby leaves for Canada on Thursday for a week and I hate playing single mom.
    -no to the snack size Twix, but yes to one square of a Hershey's dark.
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    I said NO to a:

carne asada torta.
  • crystaldegreef
    Options
    OMG... today was huge for me. We were out of town... so that's one strike... but everything I did was with my health in mind. My sandwich was cut in half and I ate half at lunch and the other half for dinner. There was Cinnabon right there... my ultimate weakness. I kept seeing people walking around with huge oozing buns of cinnamon wonder... and I just kept strong. I also had water all day today even though we were out of our element and I usually allow myself sodas... I'm growing... lol
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I said no to McDonald's to my daughter and went to Auntie Anne's instead - had no clue what calories were, but split an original pretzel with her and I had water. When I logged it, it showed only 170 calories!
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!! This is huge for progress. I hope this thread helps you remember that you can stay strong and live strong!! :)
  • beautylovetruth
    Options
    I said no to:
    -Eating more than a third of my meal at Boston Pizza
    -Eating my fiance's bread at BP's
    -Buying crap food instead of healthy food
    -Being lazy and not doing laundry
  • singingmom
    singingmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I said no to a red velvet cupcake with frosting, but I might eat it tomorrow if I have the extra points :)
  • teetees40
    teetees40 Posts: 30
    Options
    Banana Milk shakes and chicken strips from 2 co-workers eating in front of me and another one eating a breaded tenderloin with french fries! It's soooo hard to work in a medical office! But, I did it!
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I said no to buying cookies!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    A bite of my hubby's Seafood and Crab sub from subway...my old favorite!!! Pizza Doritos.....:(
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I went to the grocery store today and my hubby asked me to make cannelloni and/or manicotti and I said "no" because I don't know how to make those things in a healthy tasty way.

When I got my 3PM "snackies", I said no to chocolate cupcakes!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Today and for the next 3 days I'll be in an all day meeting where they have been catering in breakfast and lunch.

Today, I did not partake in the pizza and cookies. I brought my own lunch in (ate b-fast at home).

And that's the plan for tomorrow and the following days. =)
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Unfortunantly I did not say no to anything today :(
    Very mad at myself.
    But tomorrow brings a new day!
    That was me yesterday...you're not alone. But today I said no to a bottle of wine!!! Yay!!!!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Passed up going out to lunch with the boss man today... I'm sure it would have been a lot better than my little piece of turkey breast and cottage cheese but I wasn't willing to work hard enough tonight to offset it! Oh and I passed up the cheese on my turkey sandwich! WOO HOO! Go me!
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've found that during my weight loss journey I have had to rethink food choices in the moment. What I want to know is what your victory (or victories) were in saying NO today!!

I said no to:
    -Eating out (help from the hubby on this one)
    -Starbucks
    -Eating over my calorie goal of 1200 just cause.

Can't wait to hear your successes!!

WOW!! WTG!! you said "no" to starbucks?! I need your motivation! i thought about giving it up for Lent this year but then rethought it because it's the ONLY thing that doesn't make me think or do crazy things!! :) but for the record, i said NO to dark chocolate coconut candy today...
  • beautylovetruth
    Options
    I've found that during my weight loss journey I have had to rethink food choices in the moment. What I want to know is what your victory (or victories) were in saying NO today!!

I said no to:
    -Eating out (help from the hubby on this one)
    -Starbucks
    -Eating over my calorie goal of 1200 just cause.

Can't wait to hear your successes!!

WOW!! WTG!! you said "no" to starbucks?! I need your motivation! i thought about giving it up for Lent this year but then rethought it because it's the ONLY thing that doesn't make me think or do crazy things!! :) but for the record, i said NO to dark chocolate coconut candy today...

My method in saying no to Starbucks is either "I can make this at home for a LOT less" or "I honestly don't want to put this in my body."

Personally, I am not allowed to ingest any caffeine until I find out about my kidney so that makes it much easier :D