Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've been watching youtube videos on how to create my own lightsaber.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 I live in Columbus!! Went to University of Dayton though and not OSU..but partied hard there quite a lot through high school and college :) OH-IO!! Oh and I'm actually having Jeni's tonight!

Go Bucks! I had a lot of fun the four years I was in Columbus. I still really miss Jeni's and Northstar and Hounddogs and Surly Girl...
    I do like the being back on the west coast, but my tiny little college town is seriously lacking in the food options that Columbus had.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    @WestCoastJo82 I live in Columbus!! Went to University of Dayton though and not OSU..but partied hard there quite a lot through high school and college :) OH-IO!! Oh and I'm actually having Jeni's tonight!

I should also say that I got her ice cream cookbook and it does a pretty good job of replicating her flavors, but it's still not quite the same.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/
  • tommyellison
    Options
    Do you wonder why we lie to ourselves about what we are eating or not doing (exercising)? No one really knows or cares what our eating habits are but we lie to make ourself feel better in that moment? Then we hate ourselves for the lie and the eating indirection too! Why?
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

One of my oldest friends (we're talking since 2nd grade here) didn't speak to me for years after I got married. She got pissed that I didn't invite her mother to my wedding. I was like, WTF?, but I invited her mother anyway and then they both declined. Now we're friendly on FB, but that's about it.

I'm no longer friends with the girl who was my maid of honor. We had a blow up not even a year after I got married. Tbh, I'm a lot happier without her insecure jealousy dragging me down.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I should also say that I got her ice cream cookbook and it does a pretty good job of replicating her flavors, but it's still not quite the same.

Okay, this was something I needed to know about.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

axq05cty8dsb.gif
  • annette_15
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

axq05cty8dsb.gif

:kiss:

• WestCoastJo82
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Okay, this was something I needed to know about.

Do it. My husband bought it for me when I started talking about getting some of her ice cream shipped to me (like $100 for six pints or something ridiculous). I was sure it wouldn't cut it, but it totally does.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

I added turkey bacon to my breakfasts for a short period thinking it was healthier... but the amount of sodium in it is nuts. I'd rather just eat regular bacon.

I don't mind the taste of turkey bacon, but it doesn't really compare to regular bacon. And I was eating it when I was trying to eat high protein, and it just doesn't really have that much. So I stopped.
  • Talkradio
    Options

Hi!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Go Bucks! I had a lot of fun the four years I was in Columbus. I still really miss Jeni's and Northstar and Hounddogs and Surly Girl...
    I do like the being back on the west coast, but my tiny little college town is seriously lacking in the food options that Columbus had.

All great food choice! Eh don't worry you're not missing much in old Cbus haha I bet the west coast is amazing!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!
  • annette_15
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Today is one of those days when I'm so much over I'm not even logging what I'm eating anymore and just adding quick calories because nobody needs to know that I had two bowls of ice cream tonight.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I've finished reading this entire post and wondering which confession I should start with ;)

Ever since I was 10 or 11 I've been a binge eater. I remember babysitting and being in heaven because of the food the people kept for their kids. I would eat an entire package of dunkaroos, a box of pudding cups, a box of fruit snacks. I'd bury the evidence in the garbage can. Sometimes, even now, when I've overate, I find myself burying things in the garbage can due to shame and embarrassment.

I still hold a lot of anger towards a local personal trainer who wouldn't listen to me during my very first training session. She kept yelling at me to go faster and go harder even though I was a bit dizzy and out of breath. She just kept saying i was fine. Five minutes later I blacked out and ended up on the gym floor. She blamed it on my nutrition and nothing to do with her training. I haven't been able to step foot in the gym (only one in town)since even though I bought a 10 punch pass. Just the thought of going makes me anxious.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

*waves* You're not invisible!

Usually when I come on this thread there are about 20 - 30 new posts and I'll want to reply to about 5 of them so I'll quote one and promptly lose track of all the other ones.

It's a busy thread.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Weddings do funny things to people. I've lost two of my closest friends due to weddings. When I got married we went to mexico and she was not happy at our choice of resort or the fact that we moved the wedding up. I told her I completely understood if she couldn't go b/c we moved the wedding up and she didn't have as much time to save. She got all pissy about it - that was 7 years ago.

My other friend who was my best friend since the 3rd grade told me, after she paid for her trip to my wedding, that her fiance was laid off and they couldn't afford for her to go. I told her it was a vacation as well and she could pick which ever color blue dress she wanted. I wanted no fuss with my wedding (my dress was only $200.00 which was a good thing since I ripped when it got caught in the heel of my shoe and it got covered in sand). She still wasnt' able to make it and I refunded her money - i understand that things happen. Well, during a fight she told me that the real reason she didn't go was b/c she thought I was being bridezilla, expecting her to pay $1500.0 to attend my wedding and a true friend wouldn't do that. Well, the gloves came off and I told her how I really felt about her racist, redneck fiance (now husband). It has been 3 or 4 years and we haven't spoken since (even when we ran into each other at a festival).

When you cut the grass, the snakes come out and you see who really is there for you. Sometimes, it means you lose people in the end.

That is very similar to this situation. Although, my friend did know that I planned on this spring or early summer, so I was still within the expected time frame - I had not set a date previously!

What is wrong with people? I just don't understand. I love my friends, and thankfully most of them are married now, but if any of them had eloped I would have been happy as heck. I think weddings are so boring. Don't invite me! I will never be mad.

I don't see the point of doing a huge party/ceremony (and the stress planning everything). I mean, it is for one day! you are going to spend thousands of dollars so family you never see can eat & drink your food and you are stuck w/ the bill (i'm not close w/ a lot of my family hence my not caring if they are there are not). I know this is not for all but I just don't see the point. My dress was a bridesmaids dress I ordered in white. It was simple and light weight (mexico - it was warm) and it was just what i needed. Some people will just never accept that on that one day - it is about you and you only.

Wow. As if your wedding plans should revolve around your friend's schedule?
    Sorry you're dealing with that.

Thank you. I go back and forth between feeling like I did something wrong and feeling mad that she totally is making it about her.

I felt this way for the longest time too - I felt like I was just a horrible person for not giving in to my friends' wishes & desires and I felt it was their fault that they were mad at me for doing what what I wanted to do for MY wedding. I still struggle with this when dealing with issues with my parents (I am a people pleaser and will often do for others to make them happy rather than do for myself to make me happy) - it makes me sound selfish but it is the truth.

We went very low key. We already have two children together, we have lived together for 7 years. We don't even really care about being married, we are totally committed regardless - we mainly did it so that my now husband can adopt my older child who he has been raising this whole time. She knew that, and still made a huge fuss over nothing. Oh well.

I don't think you sound selfish. People can be so unreasonable. Also, I like your cat.

Thanks!! he is so adorable and can be a little *kitten* sometimes but he is my kid... until I have kids.

I am a huge cat person. I do have kids, but I'm just as likely to bore someone talking about my cats or showing their pictures.
  • jlnoble513
    jlnoble513 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ^^^I wish there was a like button ^^^