Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 I live in Columbus!! Went to University of Dayton though and not OSU..but partied hard there quite a lot through high school and college :) OH-IO!! Oh and I'm actually having Jeni's tonight!

Totally behind on this, but I dated at guy that was going to UD at the time so I was there all the time. I went to a tiny college in the middle of nowhere NE Ohio so it was crazy going to visit him there. You're from Kettering right (am I remembering correctly from earlier)? We swam against them in high school and always lost.

My confession for today: I had my first job interview in 7+ years after 3 years as a stay at home mom and it has made me such an anxious wreck I'm sitting with a big glass of wine still trying to calm down hours later.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The last 3 days I have been "under" if you count all my exercise calories (which I don't usually eat back) but the confession is that about 800 calories each day has been meals and the remaining 800-1000 have been snacks, candy, chips etc.
  • Cookiejo2270
    Cookiejo2270 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had pizza and wine for dinner tonight. Everything in moderation.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got an interview with the company I've been trying to get on board with for over a year and a half now. EXCITE!

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll nail it. =D
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, ur all so sweet here :smile:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    The last 3 days I have been "under" if you count all my exercise calories (which I don't usually eat back) but the confession is that about 800 calories each day has been meals and the remaining 800-1000 have been snacks, candy, chips etc.

Lol this is basically how I do it at least 3-4 days/week. Its way easier to stay within my calories when I dont eat full meals cause I know I'm gonna snack regardless or I feel deprived, so I just chose to snack instead
  • TheVogonVegan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post monster!
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    nikimommy2 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

Dec 31, 2011 was my last drink...and I don't miss it. AT ALL.

I have been drinking a lot the last few years (maybe after 40?) to the point I started getting really worried. I attribute a lot of my weight gain the last 3 years to eating out every night and drinking (by myself, at a restaurant bar, with a book). It was my 'down' time and gave me a mental break. Work was stressful, going home (even though I live alone) always made me fee like I needed to do something...clean, homework, etc. Then I got sick of how fat I had gotten, and how I had lost all this weight 3 years ago, gained most of it back, and was bursting out of my clothes again (had donated all my 'fat' clothes when I lost the weight last time). Lost 20 lbs then stalled and quit eating out almost entirely and almost stopped drinking again. I feel better, etc, but the last 4 nights out of 5 between going out with friends and traveling, I had wine and ate out again. Starting 4/1 back on the right foot.

Its hard to stop, and I am still working on it, but and when I don't drink I feel so much better. My family is 90% alcoholics (100% Irish) and I don't want to join that club. Until the last few years I wasn't much of a drinker. Now I am. And it needs to stop.

One other thing that scared me too, was the restaurant where I was going for food (really 2) it had become like I was a 'regular', there was a group of us that were there all the time, they knew what I ate/drank, and it felt like Cheers. It as 'family' on one hand, but one day I got frightened...is THIS what I want my life to be like? My 'friends' people I only see at a bar? And that kind of scared the crap out of me. I was starting to prefer going there than seeing my real friends and spending time with them, because this was just so much less stressful and zero expectations. You never let down a bartender, or have nuances with the folks at the bar you say 'hi' to every night. And one day it was like looking in a mirror, and I got scared. So I stopped going. Just stopped. Sometimes I wonder if they think I got hit by a car or something, I just disappeared.

Whew. Okay that was my confession. :)

The best confessions are those that are honest (like yours) AND have insight! Thanks for sharing---besides yourself you never know who you are helping.
  • heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My boss bought me two mamon butter cakes and I couldn't say no. I brought them home and ate them both one after the other! Omg so good! Now my stomach hurts!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!
  • jlnoble513
    jlnoble513 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @Cookiejo2270 What is this "moderation" word you speak of???? And how do You apply this to pizza lol
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

Do you live near Jungle Jim's?!
  • TheVogonVegan
    Options
    I ran into a friend at the grocery store and she was buying the stuff to start on that military diet. I said, "Good luck with that," pretty sarcastically. Now I feel kinda bad cuz she's a big girl and I'm afraid she thought I meant she would fail.

I have a few friends trying this too. I keep rolling my eyes. I tell them the weight is going to run back onto you like a gazelle on the Serengeti the moment they stop that diet and it'll all be water weight anyhow, but have at it. XD Like, I might do that if I got too fat for a specific pair of pants that I needed to wear desperately at the end of the week, but that's about it.
  • Cookiejo2270
    Cookiejo2270 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @Cookiejo2270 What is this "moderation" word you speak of???? And how do You apply this to pizza lol
    LOL!! I pre-log all my meals so I know exactly how much I can indulge on. My craving was really out of control so I gave into to it but I still showed some control. I know....crazy!

• LaPhonda
    LaPhonda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10135773/might-as-well-starve

Haven't decided if this one is going up in flames or not, but it might!

Starred this one to read later. Looks like it could get interesting. :)
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Okay, I've been super busy today and while I think I've caught up for the weekend I didn't get to respond to a bunch of posts I would have like to! Anyway, how are the shoulder workouts going? You do realize that once we've mastered that we're going to add on, right? I'm thinking we need to start with planks: no equipment required and can be done while on the floor either before or after shoulders / arms. Thoughts?

Planks are awesome, I prefer to do them in crocodile form, with my forearms on the ground.

Personally, I don't think enough people spend enough time in Down Dog. Most leg discomfort from exercising can be easily avoided with properly stretched calves and hamstrings. After you get to a comfortable with Down Dog, graduate into Walking the Dog where you take the traditional Down Dog position, then alternate raising and lowering your heels. And that's my broscience & yogapanttheory knowledge.

Same here, and you know what? Even with all the shoulder exercises I do, these still make my shoulders burn when I do them. Guess that's a good thing and why they continue to be a challenge for me.

I can't do Downward Dog - I get a head rush and then get dizzy. I have an inner-ear imbalance problem, though, so that's probably why. I do stretch my calves and hamstrings every night (while doing my arm exercises).

I practiced yoga on and off for years and didn't mind downdog. After a few years of minimal exercise and weight gain I really struggled with this pose... I lost a lot of shoulder strength and it took a bit of work to get it back. I also find my hands creep forward. I recently bought a new mat (jade harmony pro) as I want to practise more and after reading many reviews figured it was the most grippy. It is definitely more grippy but my hands still creep forward. Maybe I just sweat lots in my hands.
    Have you ever done hot yoga? You skid around everywhere!

Confession: As much as I love yoga, I HATE hot yoga. With a passion.

I don't really understand the point of hot yoga
    I think it would just make me feel sick
  • TheVogonVegan
    Options
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I also confess that I feel awful about my life right now in almost every aspect except my relationship with my husband and my weight loss...and I'm all right with that. Everyone around me also seems to have their life falling apart on a regular basis and I'm super thankful to have my support rock always there for me. Reading this thread and the silly little posts from my friends on here and seeing their accomplishments every day makes me so much more cheery than going on facebook ever does. <3
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Dear M&Ms,

This is not directed at any one particular variety as this applies to those I have consumed (regular, peanut, peanut butter, dark chocolate, and the seasonal egg shaped one that are just bigger versions of the regular) but I am assuming this would also apply to the ones I haven't tried (pretzel and white chocolate as I have heard you exist).

Why do you have to be so delicious? I swear, you were only created to go into my belly. I can never just have one and I get sad when you are all gone. I cannot resist you and as such, I love you and hate you.

Please never go away (unless you mysteriously vanish into my belly!)

Love,
    Smashers :heart:
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Dear M&Ms,

This is not directed at any one particular variety as this applies to those I have consumed (regular, peanut, peanut butter, dark chocolate, and the seasonal egg shaped one that are just bigger versions of the regular) but I am assuming this would also apply to the ones I haven't tried (pretzel and white chocolate as I have heard you exist).

Why do you have to be so delicious? I swear, you were only created to go into my belly. I can never just have one and I get sad when you are all gone. I cannot resist you and as such, I love you and hate you.

Please never go away (unless you mysteriously vanish into my belly!)

Love,
    Smashers :heart:

Co-signed. Plain M&M's are my favorite candy. I just had a serving and a Keebler triple chocolate M&M cookie. My dad loves peanut M&M's.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10135773/might-as-well-starve

Haven't decided if this one is going up in flames or not, but it might!

Starred this one to read later. Looks like it could get interesting. :)
    Okay, I've been super busy today and while I think I've caught up for the weekend I didn't get to respond to a bunch of posts I would have like to! Anyway, how are the shoulder workouts going? You do realize that once we've mastered that we're going to add on, right? I'm thinking we need to start with planks: no equipment required and can be done while on the floor either before or after shoulders / arms. Thoughts?

Planks are awesome, I prefer to do them in crocodile form, with my forearms on the ground.

Personally, I don't think enough people spend enough time in Down Dog. Most leg discomfort from exercising can be easily avoided with properly stretched calves and hamstrings. After you get to a comfortable with Down Dog, graduate into Walking the Dog where you take the traditional Down Dog position, then alternate raising and lowering your heels. And that's my broscience & yogapanttheory knowledge.

Same here, and you know what? Even with all the shoulder exercises I do, these still make my shoulders burn when I do them. Guess that's a good thing and why they continue to be a challenge for me.

I can't do Downward Dog - I get a head rush and then get dizzy. I have an inner-ear imbalance problem, though, so that's probably why. I do stretch my calves and hamstrings every night (while doing my arm exercises).

I practiced yoga on and off for years and didn't mind downdog. After a few years of minimal exercise and weight gain I really struggled with this pose... I lost a lot of shoulder strength and it took a bit of work to get it back. I also find my hands creep forward. I recently bought a new mat (jade harmony pro) as I want to practise more and after reading many reviews figured it was the most grippy. It is definitely more grippy but my hands still creep forward. Maybe I just sweat lots in my hands.
    Have you ever done hot yoga? You skid around everywhere!

Confession: As much as I love yoga, I HATE hot yoga. With a passion.

I don't really understand the point of hot yoga
    I think it would just make me feel sick

I find with hot yoga, you can sink deeper into the stretches and poses. It is more challenging on the mind because in addition to focusing on your breath, you have the heat to deal with as well. I like how I feel afterward because you sweat so much and I feel (because I can't speak for others) that you really do push out the toxins. But you really need to be mindful of what you eat beforehand and you need to make sure you drink a ton of water so you don't feel sick (been there).