What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm making baked chicken tenderloins, green beans, brown rice, and a half cup of some sort of fruit smoothie.
    Yum!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Supper tonight was "hamburger" gravy and rice, a ham and cheese sandwich, stir-fry veggies and Jalapeno poppers. Very good.

zlhdefbc1yh5.jpg
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're having shrimp coconut curry over basmati rice and a side of sauteed cabbage.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I worked in the garden all day, ate all the leftovers at lunch, and didn't lay anything out for supper. When Margie got in from work, she thawed some link sausage and fried them up. I had mine in a sandwich {with Cheddar, mustard and mayo}. Also had some corn and mixed veggies. Hit the spot. Needing calories, I had peanut butter and honey as dessert.

ocnk8h282ny8.jpg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I made beef and vegetable curry, jasmine rice. I never take pix bc I'm too ravenous lol. I measured it out and then stopped with that little portion instead of taking more like I totally wanted to.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Crockpot pulled pork sandwich, sweet potato fries, glazed carrots. xwxj0bu7oxu4.jpg
  • ccassada2007
    ccassada2007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How does everyone have time to prepare and cook such wonderful meals? I leave for work at 6:30 am and don't get home until 5pm. By then im to tired to prepare such awesome dishes. I need recipes for awesome quick meals. Any ideas?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    How does everyone have time to prepare and cook such wonderful meals? I leave for work at 6:30 am and don't get home until 5pm. By then im to tired to prepare such awesome dishes. I need recipes for awesome quick meals. Any ideas?

I cook on the weekends for the whole week. I pack my snacks and my meals into containers (I freeze some meals to last the later park of the week) and just grab and go. Try freezing crockpot meals. In the AM you can just dump them into the crockpot and it'll be hot and ready to eat when you get home.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm having a vaguely Mexican dinner -- beans, grilled chicken, and guacamole with a side of steamed broccoli/cauliflower.

In answer to the question about time to prep and cook: I made a giant pot of beans in the slow-cooker (started before bed Monday night, cooked through yesterday), I keep pre-portioned chicken in the freezer so it thaws and cooks quickly, and I use frozen veggies. A lot of my dinners come together that way or in similar ways; it's just a combination of prep-cooking, using tools like the Crockpot wisely, and portioning bulk foods as soon as I bring them home.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I leave home at 6 am and return at 5:30 pm with 3 kids. I don't know. I just love to cook so it's like therapy for me. It releases stress of my day. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Last night I cooked up a big one pan meal of lentils, mixed rice, ground turkey and chopped vegetables (sweet and hot peppers, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms). Tonight we will eat the rest of it as leftovers as we will be working in the garden from the minute we get home from work until dark.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

This time of year I work a full time job and do garden/yard work every evening until dark after, and I still cook meals most nights (tonight will be leftovers). It doesn't take much time to prepare a healthy delicious meal. I rarely spend more than 30 min on a meal. I roast/bake a lot of vegetables and meat because the prep time is only about 10-15 min and then the oven does the work. We also stir fry a lot.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

I'm the same way. I work long hours and don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen during the work week. I usually set aside some time on the weekend to cook some stuff for the coming week. I usually make a pot of something (beans, lentils, soups, etc.) and then use them in different ways during the coming week, hard boil a bunch of eggs ahead of time, roast off veggies and keep in the fridge for the coming week, etc. Like the others said, crockpot meals are pretty easy to throw together, and freezing ahead helps.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    a large salad with lettuce and tomatoes, including catalina dressing,and an medium orange.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

This time of year I work a full time job and do garden/yard work every evening until dark after, and I still cook meals most nights (tonight will be leftovers). It doesn't take much time to prepare a healthy delicious meal. I rarely spend more than 30 min on a meal. I roast/bake a lot of vegetables and meat because the prep time is only about 10-15 min and then the oven does the work. We also stir fry a lot.

Totally agree!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Crock Pot meals and/or meal prep ahead of time.

That pulled pork sandwich in my photo above? Put the pork shoulder (still frozen) in the crock pot at 7:30 am with various seasonings and some apple juice. Came home from work/kid's ball practice at 7pm. While they were in the bath I heated up sweet potato fries and tater tots and microwaved frozen veggies, shredded the pork shoulder and added bbq sauce. Dinner at 7:30pm.

The other half of the pork shoulder will become either pork carnitas for burrito bowls or quesadillas on Thursday night. That will take less than 20 minutes to put together that evening.

• Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Artichokes cooked in lemon juice in wine in crockpot, chicken ,and quinoa poblano corn stuffed tomatoes.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti over chopped brocolli, corn off the cob.

1pact57c8y3r.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    All day today I was thinking about the package of turkey chili in my work freezer. We had made a big pot as while back and I had froze several one serving size bags for when I didn't bring any supper to work. Well I get here and start digging in the frezzer. Soon I decide I saw those bags of chili in one of the freezers at home. So a quick trip to the store for cold cuts and a roll......... and tonight's supper was a ham and turkey sandwich with Swiss, mustard, mayo and a pickle, mixed veggies and green beans. Pretty good. Not chili though.

k0gizv0tdqv4.jpg

• _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and meatballs.