Just binged now feel like quitting :(

Options

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    meh.
    *kitten* happens. Suck it up and move on. :love:

Besides, being on your period cancels out chocolate. Its like a scientific fact or something.
    :huh:

I agree with this!

Trust me we all have days like this, you have to keep going, tommorrow is a new day. think of your goals, quitting will not get you where you want to be!!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    meh.
    *kitten* happens. Suck it up and move on. :love:

Besides, being on your period cancels out chocolate. Its like a scientific fact or something.
    :huh:
    :smile:
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    You deserve this. Don't quit! Think about the long-term and stop NOW. Let the rest of the night be a good one!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The only bad thing to do would be to quit. Going overboard sometimes is only bad if you use it as an excuse to quit.
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't quit, health is a lifelong pursuit, just try to make it positive, like... you just loaded your body with a superdose of antioxidants and you will burn off the sugar they came with.
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm going to binge tomorrow night on beer. Probably about 1,150 calories worth.

Stuff happens. Enjoy it, and start again the next day. 1 day won't kill your weight loss goals. A treat is a treat. :D
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who wrote a message on here. It meant a lot and helped me through it. I actually went to the gym again (second time today cuz i felt horrible about the binge) and although i only burned 400 of however many calories I ate (guesstimating around 800 sadly) i feel a tiny bit better. Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated.
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Glad you're staying!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    if this weightloss is a lifestyle change for you then you have except that you will get days like this. That is how i looked at it, as whereas before id have quit as i had sabotaged my 'diet'. All you can do, is forget about it and move on. I make chocolate part of my everyday food, that way i dont feel the need to binge. can you do that? add a square or two? get something like dark chocolate as it tastes sooo much better and you wont need the whole bar.

I also found joining a group helps to keep you motivated. there are plenty of challenge threads about to keep you gong.

good luck and hope you get to goal weight.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    same here....only I ate everythign within arms reach....

It is hard to get back on track today, once i started last night didnt see the point in stopping... my fav moto came into my mind "restart it again tomo"...

Preplan what you are going to eat today and it will be easier....

Hold on in, it will be worth it :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am certainly glad that you posted this....I feel the exact same way right now!!! Cept for mine was with pie, and it's not my TOM right now!!! let's pick ourselves up...dust ourselves off...and move on, shall we?!
  • rcochnar
    rcochnar Posts: 11
    Options
    One day of binging most likely isn't going to have any effect on your weight. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • aliakat
    aliakat Posts: 16
    Options
    In my opinion, periods don't count :) I never weigh in during that time of the month, and allow a few splurges -- like I said before, chocolate should be respected and appreciated once a month! :)
    Still, I am struggling with this myself. Last night I wanted chocolate -- and food in general -- all night! I actually searched blogs regarding PMS and tips or struggles of others. It helped to read that I wasn't alone, and I applied a few of the tips. Firstly, and I was shocked that this worked, chocolate pudding; few calories and satisfying (who would have thought!). Also, diabetic chocolate/candy: zero or few calories and, again, satisfying. Finally, water! water! water! -- I am not a big fan of water, but I enjoy it with a few slices of cucumber or some frozen berries to add flavor.
    Remember, one or two set backs are inevitable, that is life! We were made to enjoy food. not be controlled by it. Just keep smiling, enjoy your chocolate, and survive the month! :D
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    we all have our days. Dont quit. i had a horrible weekend two birthday parties cake pizza pasta.. ugh.... but you know what its a new week and a new day and im back on the wagon!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Everyone needs chocolate now and again, especially during that time of the month! :wink:
    Tomorrow is another day and you can get right back to it. Do not beat yourself up over this, we all do it and though it is a minor speed bump it is nothing you or anyones else cannot get over! :happy:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Don`t quit.! time doesn`t have to undo all the hard work you have done.Don`t be a quitter,then you`ll never be a winner.
    You CAn do it!!
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Don`t quit.! time doesn`t have to undo all the hard work you have done.Don`t be a quitter,then you`ll never be a winner.
    You CAn do it!!
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You all really are the best
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    wheee !! :bigsmile:

CANADIANS NEVER QUIT (we eat poutine and feel guilty later). I guess Americans eat chocolate.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I get exactly the same way at that time of the month - hate it! But I remind myself that it's mainly because of the time of month, and don't beat myself up - remember, tomorrow is a fresh start!! Keep going - you can do it!!