Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

Yes, because us women with naturally small breasts or wiry frames are not womanly. We are skim woman; 2% woman only. Because femininity is evidently measured in cup sizes.

I get you want to retain a full figure and your curves and feel good about your body, but your asserting your right to do so should not rely on throwing other women under the bus. Talk about internalized misogyny and competitiveness! You do realize that a skinny woman being sexy does not revoke your right to also be sexy, right? There isn't a quota of sexiness, that different body types need to fight each other for the rights to.

Like... 80% of this thread is women trying to tell other women they are "doing it wrong". Please stop throwing shade all around.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

Yes, because us women with naturally small breasts or wiry frames are not womanly. We are skim woman; 2% woman only. Because femininity is evidently measured in cup sizes.

I get you want to retain a full figure and your curves and feel good about your body, but your asserting your right to do so should not rely on throwing other women under the bus. Talk about internalized misogyny and competitiveness! You do realize that a skinny woman being sexy does not revoke your right to also be sexy, right? There isn't a quota of sexiness, and different body types need to fight each other for the title.

Like... 80% of this thread is women trying to tell other women they are "doing it wrong". Please stop throwing shade all around.

This. The amount of derp and mysognistic generalizations about women and their body types on this thread is ridiculous. The size of your boobs or butt does not affect your status as a 'womanly' woman. The size of either has no bearing on a woman's IQ or attitude to life. Stop with the body shaming, ffs
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    moesis wrote: »
    Your health should not be determined by current fads, how you feel tomorrow is determined by what you do to it today.

Do you think that's too fat still?
    Sometimes I'm delusional. So I want to know what others think

I agree with Angel. Your bmi is currently 26.5 - that is considered 'overweight' -

What magical health transformation happens between 24.9 and 26.5?

Well clearly you become diabetic and your heart starts to give up the minute you hit a 25 bmi. At 26.5 you might as well just give up and die.

Obviously.

Look, you're making a slippery slope argument. If you can say, "Well, 26.5 is fine because it's only one and a half BMI points from 24.9," then you can keep going and say, "Well, 28 is fine because it's one and a half from 26.5," and so on. We have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. And doctors decided it's 25. Why would you want to be on the wrong side of it? 24 is better than 25 and 23 is better than 24... There's a peak health BMI - I think it was 22 last I checked? - and the farther you get from it, the worse off you are.

...I'm pretty sure you're the one with the slipper slope argument here by suggesting that because someone is fine at one point they're going to be fine at a higher point/will allow themselves to become heavier with no regard to their health.

If the best you've got is well you should want to be closer yi this point because reasons/but what if you get bigger!' without actually offering any risks that are more prevalant at 26 or 26.5 BMI then 24.9...I simply have nothing for you except "That's nice."

The health risks do increase as you get further from the ideal BMI. It's shaped like a bell curve. You have a slightly higher chance of heart disease at 26.5 than at 25, for example, and slightly higher at 28 than at 26.5. How can I make this clearer?

How much higher? An actual amount worthy of consideration or something that pales when put against factors like activity, nutrition, and genetic background and is probably not worth striving for because the actual increase in risk is near nothing? What is the actual risk, where is the bell curve, where is your proof that the difference between 24.9 and 26.5 is anything more than hand wavey "Well it just is!'

Show me that those two BMI points matter without a slippery slope argument (implying that being comfortable at one point means someone will be comfortable higher) in a clear and measurable way.

ajlm574269.fig1.gif

• Mml1060
    Mml1060 Posts: 1
    Options
    Listen, your body type is what it is and you can't really change that naturally. If you feel happy and healthy the way you are now then stay at 145lbs. If you know you are not healthy yet or are not happy then keep going even if it means losing your curves. I'm also 5'2" but I'm a natural hourglass so even at my all time low weight as an adult of 115 lbs and 20% body fat I was still wearing F+ cup sizes boobs wise(36,24,37). It doesn't sound like that's the case for you. Ultimately, I think you can be healthy at our height at 145 so if you can love yourself as is you're good.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

tumblr_mox06rfh241r71lmxo1_500.gif

That was good. Good one there.

So...I don't know if the OP responded in the 25 pages of replies....your body changes shape when you lose weight, sometimes in ways you love and sometimes not. Finding a balance you like - is about finding a balance YOU like and feel good about.

That being said, a good bra, clothes that work with you - not against you and a good tailor? Not to be underestimated.

If you're not sure what you feel right now, there is no harm in going to Nordstrom or wherever and getting professionally fitted (you're supposed to go every 6 months anyhow) and then trying on a bunch of clothes to see if you want to work on changing your body...or just your clothes.

• sy8s
    sy8s Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

I think you look awesome!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »

At least my 38A's won't be down to my knees in 20 years. I'll take that over being "womanly" anyday.

It's unlikely anyone around a normal weight will have boobs that will be down by their knees at any point. So if that is literally the only thing making you happy about your small chest I'm kinda sad for you.

Perhaps you should learn to reply to what you perceive as an insult without insulting others in return.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

At least my 38A's won't be down to my knees in 20 years. I'll take that over being "womanly" anyday.

It's unlikely anyone around a normal weight will have boobs that will be down by their knees at any point. So if that is literally the only thing making you happy about your small chest I'm kinda sad for you.

Perhaps you should learn to reply to what you perceive as an insult without insulting others in return.

This thread just keeps delivering.

Women with small bewbs insulting women with large bewbs. Women with 'curves' insulting those with less bewbs/butt. It's ridiculous. I just wish that people could express a preference without putting other shapes/body types down. We all have preferences, and that's absolutely fine and as it should be, but I just cannot understand why people need to express them in such a way as to demean others. I like a slightly muscular 'curvy' look - does than mean that a slender look is not attractive or womanly? Absolutely not. Also, having one person insult your body type does not make it ok to insult that persons body type, because you know what? You are not only insulting that person, you are also insulting a good amout of others with the same body type.

ETA: that was agreeing with you Daiako and just adding my 2c to what you posted (just realized it may look like I was aiming it at you - which was not the case at all): :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Women with small bewbs insulting women with large bewbs. Women with 'curves' insulting those with less bewbs/butt. It's ridiculous. I just wish that people could express a preference without putting other shapes/body types down. We all have preferences, and that's absolutely fine and as it should be, but I just cannot understand why people need to express them in such a way as to demean others. I like a slightly muscular 'curvy' look - does than mean that a slender look is not attractive or womanly? Absolutely not. Also, having one person insult your body type does not make it ok to insult that persons body type, because you know what? You are not only insulting that person, you are also insulting a good amout of others with the same body type.

Amen.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Agree, that was disappointing.
  • Daiako
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

ETA: that was agreeing with you Daiako and just adding my 2c to what you posted (just realized it may look like I was aiming it at you - which was not the case at all): :smile:

It's like the song that doesn't end. Except worse and really really insulting to basically everyone ever.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    All the different sized breasts are gorgeous and fun. I do like the way mine are shaped and that they are perky (that doesn't mean other people don't have perky breasts), and some other things as well. I like them because they are mine and if they were different I would still like them. And all the other sized and shaped breasts are beautiful. Variety is good as well.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    As long as your healthy and happy dont look to others for validation you will always be disappointed :) some people think amber rose is gross some people think Kate moss is gross.

You can be the juciest sweetest peach in the world but you will still find that someone that hates peaches.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    nancyjay__ wrote: »
    As long as your healthy and happy dont look to others for validation you will always be disappointed :) some people think amber rose is gross some people think Kate moss is gross.

You can be the juciest sweetest peach in the world but you will still find that someone that hates peaches.

This is very true. No body type is going to appeal to everyone (or even most people) as everyone has a personal preference.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    wuhA68c.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

F**k you.

I'll take the hit on this one. This is HORRIBLE thing to say. I'm actually kind of livid at work. seriously go stuff it.

Seriously. How DARE you say that.
    How dare you assume that your fatty tissue on your chest makes you more or less womanly than someone else.

How about those women with double mastectomy's? are they less womanly?

My friend's missing half her breast- as a bellydancer she's the epitome of sex appeal- strong and fierce.
    Another woman is missing all of her one of her breasts and she's the most elegant and grande dancer I know- she's stunning- kind and well spoken. She moves with grace you'll never known- and is accepting of all people- she radiates class and power- and regal- she's a motherfu*king queen.

With half her chest missing. How dare you.

Bite it. That's just a horrible horrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

If one could identify someone with serious insecurity issues by what they say, this would be the top example of what that person would say.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    All the different sized breasts are gorgeous and fun. I do like the way mine are shaped and that they are perky (that doesn't mean other people don't have perky breasts), and some other things as well. I like them because they are mine and if they were different I would still like them. And all the other sized and shaped breasts are beautiful. Variety is good as well.

Agree with this being a dumpster fire, but finally excited someone brought up that boobs are fun. Because boobs (regardless of shape or size).

I just wish I had less variety between the two I own...
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

If one could identify someone with serious insecurity issues by what they say, this would be the top example of what that person would say.

So is the post she is responding to though:

• Daiako
    Options

So is the post she is responding to though:

Momma always said responding to wrong with wrong doesn't make right. It just makes everyone wrong.