Bread??

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I love bread, but haven't been eating as much recently. If you can practice moderation go right ahead. If you are like me and will eat half a baguette in a day, avoid it.

Re light bread: not super tasty, but convenient when you are looking for something lo cal to hold together the meat and cheese.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE SANDWICHES.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    segacs wrote: »
    There's a special place in hell reserved for light bread and fat free cheese.

Right alongside carob chocolate.

~spits and does evil eye symbol~

~adds "fat free half and half" and the entirety of Walden Farms' line to the cauldron of the damned~

*Rubs hands together...laughs maniacally*

crx3f2061mrn.jpg

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Whats people's views on bread and weightloss.. Some people say stay clear etc.. Any thoughts?

Calorie deficit = weight loss

Carbs have nothing to do with it unless you have s medical condition
  • ndj1979
    Options
    In no way am I an expert, quite the opposite. That said, I have eliminated bread and white rice completely. I adhere to the eat less then you burn concept, but for me the lack of gluten and decrease in sugar (bread) and the related insulin impacting effects make sense to me. I am having success with this method.

The method you are using is cico and eliminating carbs has zero point zero percent to do with it
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's all about CICO and incidentally, I love bread!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    In no way am I an expert, quite the opposite. That said, I have eliminated bread and white rice completely. I adhere to the eat less then you burn concept, but for me the lack of gluten and decrease in sugar (bread) and the related insulin impacting effects make sense to me. I am having success with this method.

The method you are using is cico and eliminating carbs has zero point zero percent to do with it

The fear that strikes in people when they think of insulin. But they don't know what foods really impact insulin and to what level. It's just insulin = devil. I am not talking about diabetics.

Ohhhhhh noooooooooooooo the insulins!!!!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Just try it jelly. Then report back your results. I am not saying it is 100%, note the "I think" and "you might" words I used. We are all different people with different body makeups and metabolisms so we all react differently to specific foods.

It sounds like you don't have anything to back up your claim.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Whats people's views on bread and weightloss.. Some people say stay clear etc.. Any thoughts?

It won't stop you from losing weight if you're in a caloric deficit. Ditching it won't help you lose weight if you're eating at a caloric surplus. Some people find it easier to maintain a caloric deficit without eating it, others don't.

Do what works best for you.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I love bread. But I love bread too much, and it isn't filling for me. Especially with meat and cheese between a nice thick 12 inch loaf of french bread, it's my doom. I just feel like binging when I have bread. So I try and reduce my intake or I would eat it all the time.

If you can handle eating bread and be within your calorie goals, go for it.
  • SummerStrongNSexy
    SummerStrongNSexy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol _Waffle_
    you're hilarious!
    <3
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Jelly, are you wanting to argue with me again? I relayed my personal experience and did not make a claim. You seem to be quite the pot stirrer.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a fan.

I've lost 76 pounds so far, and reversed my insulin resistance all while eating bread.

So yay bread!
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    I think my cheat desert will be bread pudding. In moderation.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Jelly, are you wanting to argue with me again? I relayed my personal experience and did not make a claim. You seem to be quite the pot stirrer.

You said you thought bread slowed down weight loss. I can only go by what you write. Is that not what you think?

Don't make this personal. This isn't about you. This is about demonizing foods.

Do you think bread slows down weight loss, yes or no?
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Yes I do. Is that clear enough jelly? It was my personal experience with bread and I have heard the same from others. I have no scientific data to back it up.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    It's all about CICO and incidentally, I love bread!

I love bread too, and it hindered my weight loss not at all! Every week I make my own bread, and I make bread pudding out of the leftover pieces. I lost weight fine eating bread, and I maintain eating bread. Please, oh please, nobody take my bread away! :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Is that clear enough jelly? It was my personal experience with bread and I have heard the same from others. I have no scientific data to back it up.

Do you believe it causes water retention, or actual fat gain? I know on the scale they look the same, but they are too different animals.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Not fat gain. A slow down in weight loss. I guess an effect on metabolism. But I am just guessing.
This discussion has been closed.