Bread??

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Puff Puff Puffing on the peace pipe. You are welcome jelly. Thank you for acknowledging that we agree on this.

I appreciate you reconsidering your statements. We don't need more misinformation about weight loss out there.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    One thing I disagreed with:
    I guess an effect on metabolism. But I am just guessing.

I guess you are changing your guess, so that's cool.

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Well, the scale will reveal.....You are both very welcome !
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Lemur, I guess so.....
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @donjtomasco when I used myself as a guinea pig I weighed myself daily, sometimes twice a day, for over a month. It was the only way to determine if there was a pattern. I found a pattern.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I eat white bread and avoid whole grain breads for weightloss because white bread has fewer calories.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like to stay away from breads. I don't completely avoid them, because I do like breakfast sandwiches with english muffins, or tuna sandwiches, but I don't eat them like I use to because 1) bread makes me more hungry and 2) I am a total foodie who has trouble staying below 2100 calories, so I'd rather use my calories on something filling, not something that will make me more hungry, causing me to go over my goal, and 3) I usually eat too much of it, especially if it's good bread. So personally, that just spells disaster. It's really a personal preference.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    JGNATCA, I do the same thing. I weigh AM and PM and sometimes more often for fun. When I was eating bread I found a pattern that my weight loss slowed down. When I stopped eating bread, it accelerated to make up (I guess) for that lagtime in the bread stuff working its way through my system. Then back to normal. I NEVER GAINED WEIGHT from eating bread, it just slowed down my weight loss, which up till eating the bread had been a very predictable graph of weight loss. I do not expect to gain weight from my very tasty bread and breaded and fried and starchy lunch today, but I expect to see that old deviation tomorrow morning (or for the next few days). Anyway, just me, just my pattern, just what I have found to be a "thing" that happens to me when I include my most loved "bread" in my daily diet.

Which is what I have said before, said earlier and am just saying again, in different words. :)
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Years ago, we ate white or wheat bread with every meal. It was like a staple in our house. Now bread is an occasional indulgence and I work it into my daily calories if I want it. Trader Joe's 9 grain...a toasted english muffin...Panera Bread asiago cheese bagel...or maybe a restaurant that makes it's own sourdough. Now that's bread worth eating :smile:
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Wow, 1,973 calorie lunch. My biggest single meal this year. But with calorie room to spare, I will have a stadium hot dog and popcorn tonight at a local sporting event. I can't wait to weigh in the morning and I sure home that JELLY is right and I am wrong. Regardless, what a great bread and starchy day.
  • larmac95
    larmac95 Posts: 1
    Options
    Rhye bread is really god for you, it's filling. You still get an intake if carbs, and it helps even out your sugar levels so you won't crave surgery treats. It's not good to completely cut things out of your diet. For example, carbs make you bloat, but you also need carbs in your diet. So instead of cutting cabs out of yours yet, cut out the unhealthy part, for example don't eat white carbs. So eat brown pasta rice bread in stead of the white pasta rice and bread... Balance is always good xx
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I avoid it just because a) I have no self-control around bread (and tend to top it with piles of cheese and butter), and b) when I'm limiting calories I don't feel bread contains enough nutritional bang for its caloric "buck." There's nothing wrong with it if you don't have these issues.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    larmac95 wrote: »
    Rhye bread is really god for you, it's filling. You still get an intake if carbs, and it helps even out your sugar levels so you won't crave surgery treats. It's not good to completely cut things out of your diet. For example, carbs make you bloat, but you also need carbs in your diet. So instead of cutting cabs out of yours yet, cut out the unhealthy part, for example don't eat white carbs. So eat brown pasta rice bread in stead of the white pasta rice and bread... Balance is always good xx

And why exactly shouldn't we eat white carbs? Why brown rice and not white rice?

Who knows? This whole thread is a hot mess of misinformation.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I can not speak for other people and how they feel, as for me I have cut back heavily on my bread consumption just because I have a huge addiction. I love all bread and I realized after several personal experiments that I tend to get hungry sooner after I eat bread so I tended to snack more often. Also, bread makes me bloated so I try to avoid that unnecessary side effect ha ha. However, I do not hate bread or have any hard feelings to it. I still eat it on occasion (usually on my cheat meal on the weekend).
  • KhaleesiBlue
    KhaleesiBlue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every morning for breakfast I eat a sandwich made from a scrambled egg, 1TB of cheddar cheese, 1 ounce of deli meat and 2 slices of whole wheat 35 calorie bread. It's delicious, easy and healthy and only 200 calories. I won't give up bread, but I'm very selective about how much/what kind I eat now. Low calorie lets me eat it and not feel guilty about it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hey Jelly, I am doing a scientific study for you today. I have my morning weight (and past daily weights since Jan 1). I have noteaten today, so I have my breakfast calories to add to my lunch calories. I have 59 days straight of weighing less then I did on the 7th prior day.

For lunch I am having a fried catfish filet po-boy, on a white bread roll, with mayo and tartar sauce, fries and cole slaw. Might start out with some fried oysters. I love ketsup on top of crackers, so I will count how many of those I have. Might end it with some key lime pie.

I will log all the food items and calories and we will see if you are right, or if this meal maybe slows down my weight loss.

As always, my diary is open for anyone to look at. Yum Yum!!!

But, because of the increased food and carbs, you will probably see in an increase on the scale due to water. That's not a slow down, it's natural retention.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    That is funny Runner. Are u trying to be serious saying that? You just crossed youself in that one comment.
This discussion has been closed.