Bread??

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    That is funny Runner. Are u trying to be serious saying that? You just crossed youself in that one comment.

What happened to you agreeing with that same assessment earlier today? :huh:
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    larmac95 wrote: »
    Rhye bread is really god for you, it's filling. You still get an intake if carbs, and it helps even out your sugar levels so you won't crave surgery treats. It's not good to completely cut things out of your diet. For example, carbs make you bloat, but you also need carbs in your diet. So instead of cutting cabs out of yours yet, cut out the unhealthy part, for example don't eat white carbs. So eat brown pasta rice bread in stead of the white pasta rice and bread... Balance is always good xx

And why exactly shouldn't we eat white carbs? Why brown rice and not white rice?

Suck, no body wanted to answer^^

Because people think some foods are "better" than others to lose weight. And think weird things like bread is "heavy when digesting" and that gum takes 7 years to digest and random wives tales and myths
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Maid what she said was different and contradicted herself. Quite amazing. You dont see it? Really?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I think bread slows down the speed of weight loss, but once you absorb that blip in weight loss time, you will get back to a normal time of losing weight. Conversely, if you drop the bread you might see a larger amount of weight come off. Especially white bread.

My experience ... over the last 2 months, I've been eating more bread than usual because it is what I've been craving (not chocolate, not chips, just bread). And I've lost weight a lot faster than I anticipated. :)

I had toast after work twice this week, and ......... I've lost weight. :)

• maidentl
    NO,
    Maid what she said was different and contradicted herself. Quite amazing. You dont see it? Really?

Different than what? I don't see any contradiction in that post. She's the saying the same thing the rest of us have been saying all day.
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    The bickering on this site gets old quickly. Don't we all have the same goal...to lose weight? Just because someone may have a different opinion does not mean they should be ridiculed. I don't think even the experts agree...so why don't we all agree that none of us are experts on healthy eating. If we were, would we really need this site??
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    The bickering on this site gets old quickly. Don't we all have the same goal...to lose weight? Just because someone may have a different opinion does not mean they should be ridiculed. I don't think even the experts agree...so why don't we all agree that none of us are experts on healthy eating. If we were, would we really need this site??

This!!
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2015

We are all not here for the same reason. And when it comes down to science a different opinion turns into incorrect information that is being passed along. People who debate and go back and forth are trying to keep this site from being another bs unreliable site and you don't have to be an expert to know most of the things discussed. So far they have helped me a lot and I'd like to believe that by not sugar coating things stupid myths are being busted and people are learning the truth and not wasting their money on detox teas or wraps. Plus healthy and weight loss are two different things. And some people can't afford an expert nutritionist. Why come to this site? Because of the passionate people people and well discussed topics. People don't get away with just an answer here if it's not backed up by logic and science someone will correct you and if I can't have an expert opinion why not have 20-30 people discuss it for me and come up with an educated well discussed answer
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    nancyjay__ wrote: »

We are all not here for the same reason. And when it comes down to science a different opinion turns into incorrect information that is being passed along. People who debate and go back and forth are trying to keep this site from being another bs unreliable site and you don't have to be an expert to know most of the things discussed. So far they have helped me a lot and I'd like to believe that by not sugar coating things stupid myths are being busted and people are learning the truth and not wasting their money on detox teas or wraps. Plus healthy and weight loss are two different things. And some people can't afford an expert nutritionist. Why come to this site? Because of the passionate people people and well discussed topics. People don't get away with just an answer here if it's not backed up by logic and science someone will correct you and if I can't have an expert opinion why not have 20-30 people discuss it for me and come up with an educated well discussed answer

giphy.gif
  • donjtomasco
    This mornings weight, 190.2, up 3.4 pounds from Thursday, 3.0 pounds higher then 7 days ago. I think I clearly proved my little point with jelly, maid and runner. For me, eating white bread, starches, french fries, and fried food caused my weight to go up, substantially (for me). But boy was the food good and fun. And it fit inside my daily calorie goal.

So call it what you want, I ate what I wanted, I ate within my calorie goals, and my weight went up. Period. But this is just me.

Oh and by the way, weight going up is even worse then weight not going down as fast. This was a complete reversal. And no, I am not going to mix it up with potato chips, cake, gummy wraps, and tortilla's today. For me I know what the results will be.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    I love bread. I like wraps more though.
  • donjtomasco
    Me too. Yesterday was very fun.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This mornings weight, 190.2, up 3.4 pounds from Thursday, 3.0 pounds higher then 7 days ago. I think I clearly proved my little point with jelly, maid and runner. For me, eating white bread, starches, french fries, and fried food caused my weight to go up, substantially (for me). But boy was the food good and fun.

The foods you gorged yourself on were high in sodium. Temporary water retention after eating meals high in sodium is a well-established phenomenon and has nothing to do with bread stalling weight loss. Your advice is still faulty. I am sorry to hear you backtracking and repeating it.

I ate bread yesterday and I hit a new low weight this morning. Of course, I understand that weight loss isn't about eating one food or eliminating a food.

• maidentl
    You didn't prove anything, Don. We all told you that your weight would be up and that it's water weight and temporary. You either like to argue (my guess) or you're being deliberately obtuse because yesterday you pretended that you understood and now you're claiming otherwise. You didn't just add a slice of bread to your day yesterday to see this dramatic gain. You ate a crapload of salty foods but want to blame the bread. Whatever floats your boat, but hopefully those following along at home realize that eliminating bread from the diet isn't necessary.
  • donjtomasco
    The question was whether eating bread and fun foods and keeping it within my calorie goals would slow down my weight loss. That was the only question. The answer was not only yes, it slows mine down (not yours M2M, not Jellys, not Maids, not Runners, just mine), but I gained weight.

Twist it all you want. I could do this for another day, having some pastry for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch with some veggies, maybe some chips for snack, and some ice cream with my dinner, and keep it all within my calorie goals. But I don't need to prove to you people what I know these foods do to me.

So back to work eating the right foods. But yesterday was a fun experiment.
This discussion has been closed.