Bread??

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes lemur, like I said, a slowdown in weight loss at the scale. You say say this many different ways. And thank you jelly for indirectly agreeing with me. Ouch, that must have been hard on you......... :)

A temporary water weight increase has absolutely no bearing on the amount of actual body weight you are losing. If a person loses one pound of body weight per week, one week of a temporary water gain doesn't negate that loss, it just won't show up on the scale until later but it's still there. And as was pointed out, your water weight gain is likely going to be from a combination of all sorts of things in that meal, especially the sodium.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Jelly said:

"My "mantra" is that weight loss is determined by CICO and that if you are creating a calorie deficit, you will lose weight."

Yes jelly, we said the same thing with diffefent words. Your reasoning is very slippery.

Yes I created a calorie deficit, so let's see what the scale says tomorrow morning. I hope you are correct. The scale does not lie if the logging is accurate.

Whew, so glad we finally hammered that one out. :)

JELLY AGREES WITH ME!!!! CAN SOMEBODY BE OUR WITNESS ????????? :)
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Maidentl, I clearly stated that there would be a temporary decrease in rate of weight loss.

I think now, finally, you and I are saying the same thing too, just using different words.

Jelly, please don't have this thread closed also. Well, if you do, I will just do an addendum thread on if my weight loss DOES or DOES NOT slow down or not, based on my meal that fits into my CICO and budgeted daily calories.
  • maidentl
    Options
    Well, your first mistake is assuming the scale doesn't lie.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll I'm agreeing with everything you're saying
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Yes lemur, like I said, a slowdown in weight loss at the scale. You say say this many different ways. And thank you jelly for indirectly agreeing with me. Ouch, that must have been hard on you......... :)

A temporary water weight increase has absolutely no bearing on the amount of actual body weight you are losing. If a person loses one pound of body weight per week, one week of a temporary water gain doesn't negate that loss, it just won't show up on the scale until later but it's still there. And as was pointed out, your water weight gain is likely going to be from a combination of all sorts of things in that meal, especially the sodium.

Right. Like, for example, when I last flew on an airplane (March 1), my weight was up 7 lbs the next day and back to normal by the end of the week. Does this mean that airplanes slow down my metabolism? Or just that flying causes me to retain water, apparently (as my swollen ankles would suggest)?

I think one thing that's causing confusion is that a lot of us are assuming that what everyone is really interested in is fat loss, not merely the number on the scale. I know that increasing my exercise will cause a temporary increase in water weight, but I would never avoid exercise on the basis that it causes weight gain, because I don't care about that, I care about fat percentage.
  • maidentl
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Maidentl, I clearly stated that there would be a temporary decrease in rate of weight loss.

I think now, finally, you and I are saying the same thing too, just using different words.

Jelly, please don't have this thread closed also. Well, if you do, I will just do an addendum thread on if my weight loss DOES or DOES NOT slow down or not, based on my meal that fits into my CICO and budgeted daily calories.

I clearly explained that your weight loss will not slow. A temporary increase in water weight has no impact on your actual weight loss or the rate of it. If you lost a pound of fat but gained a pound of water, you would still have lost a pound of fat even though the scale doesn't show it. If you're using the wrong terminology to say what we're saying, then stop, because saying you won't lose as much weight "because bread" just isn't true.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thanks maid. That may be the closest that I ever get to hearing you agree with me. I will take it. So you don't rely on your scale? I mean, we are all counting calories, but aren't most discussions here about losing weight?

How then do you weigh yourself? Or maybe you don't trust or like the weight scale. I don't blame you, it can be discouraging at times.....so, just know that it is not just you, you are not alone and have lot's of company here. Supportive company.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thanks LB!!! We are all on the same page, just saying the same thing with different words. :)
  • maidentl
    Options
    Well, the problem is twofold. One, your words are misleading, eating bread or anything else does not affect real weight loss. Two, foods that cause a temporary water weight increase do not need to be eliminated from anyone's diet.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Jelly said:

"My "mantra" is that weight loss is determined by CICO and that if you are creating a calorie deficit, you will lose weight."

Yes jelly, we said the same thing with diffefent words. Your reasoning is very slippery.

Yes I created a calorie deficit, so let's see what the scale says tomorrow morning. I hope you are correct. The scale does not lie if the logging is accurate.

Again, you demonstrate what is either trolling or a true lack of capacity to understand.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I have never had a thread closed. I don't even know how one would go about that.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thank you Maid, we agree again.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Jelly said:

Yes, I think I understand. You're saying bread temporarily slows down your WEIGHT loss. Jelly and other responders have interpreted that to mean FAT loss. But that's not what you meant. You meant weight loss. Literally. Just as you said.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Don't be mad jelly. When you are reduced to calling me a troll, it is just another way of you saying that there is not much else to say about our agreeing on a very simple point that became very complicated, but that you (thankfully) said a few messages ago and I quoted you.

Which was:

"My "mantra" is that WEIGHT LOSS is determined by CICO and that if you are creating a calorie deficit, you will lose weight."

YES!!!! I AGREE!!!!!
  • maidentl
    Options
    Headdesk.jpg
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Jelly said:

Yes, I think I understand. You're saying bread temporarily slows down your WEIGHT loss. Jelly and other responders have interpreted that to mean FAT loss. But that's not what you meant. You meant weight loss. Literally. Just as you said.

Never go full _____
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Subconscious affirmation.....
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Don't be mad jelly. When you are reduced to calling me a troll, it is just another way of you saying that there is not much else to say about our agreeing on a very simple point that became very complicated, but that you (thankfully) said a few messages ago and I quoted you.

Which was:

"My "mantra" is that WEIGHT LOSS is determined by CICO and that if you are creating a calorie deficit, you will lose weight."

YES!!!! I AGREE!!!!!

I'm glad to know you have retracted your previous statements about bread.

• donjtomasco
    Options
    Puff Puff Puffing on the peace pipe. You are welcome jelly. Thank you for acknowledging that we agree on this.
This discussion has been closed.