trainers or professional bodybuilders opinion needed

Options

Replies

• ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's funny being told you can't do something that you actually did. Ah, the internet is a strange place. Good luck with your science!
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This was achieved by TRAINING HARD and not mentally restraining yourself by reading articles about theoretical limitations written by skinny guys on the internet.

Natty or geared up ???
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's funny being told you can't do something that you actually did. Ah, the internet is a strange place. Good luck with your science!

I asked you questions and you didn't answer them, you blew it off and attempted to insult me. Meaning that my guesses were correct.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    I've seen somthing similar to this happen with clients and myself. When coming back from a layoff I gained 14lbs in 3 months and got leaner. A client of mine gained 28lbs in 2 months and didn't add that much fat. If you increase volume fast enough and train with high intensity you can get some crazy results.
    19lbs of pure muscle in 3 weeks? Even with PED's that's not likely. You're talking months where his friend did it in weeks. I love broscience stories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This is not physically possible. Even if he were using steroids.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    This was achieved by TRAINING HARD and not mentally restraining yourself by reading articles about theoretical limitations written by skinny guys on the internet.

mr-t-lol.gif
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Your friend and that trainer have no clue what they are talking about.
    Actually the trainer does. He's stringing the client along with false improvement to ensure more sessions. Not an uncommon tactic in the fitness industry.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Actually the trainer does. He's stringing the client along with false improvement to ensure more sessions. Not an uncommon tactic in the fitness industry.

Except that the "trainer" you quoted before this is making the same claim and defending it. The other trainer could very well believe he is getting those kinds of results seeing that we have a prime example in this thread.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Drugs are bad, kids. Very bad
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The reality is scientific measurements and methods help to ensure accuracy. Going by one's word as evidence with dudes in gyms.....well I'd take science. Gymrats notoriously lie more about their weight, height, how much they lift, and gains, etc. just because. I've been around it for more than 30 years and though the people change, the story stays the same.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well, good point. Capitalizing on the gullible nature some people have.

ur getting jacked brah, i'm a fckin genius, pay me monies
  • ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You're being assumptive and slanderous.

tbq9uogyvjwg.jpg

48pw17zx4yh5.jpg

These two pictures were taken in June and then August last Year. Sadly I don't have the data to show you as I wasn't as meticulous then. For context: the first picture was at the end of a 3 month break from weights and the second was after going straight back into 2 hours a day training for around 10 weeks.
    The guy who gained two stone was previously athletic but had been sedentary for about a year prior to starting. He was naturally lean and skinny but when I got him simply eating more his strength and size shot up. The weight gain is self-reported so can be treated with a little skepticism but the rapid gain in size is visually apparent.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    ^ being leaner always makes you look bigger. And you're standing completely differently!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Skinny guy on the Internet wrote this, says at most can gain 2 pounds of muscle a month
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bulking

Skinny guy is Christian Thibaudeau, bodybuilder, strength coach writer for T-Nation, Iron Magazine, etc.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Skinny guy on the Internet wrote this, says at most can gain 2 pounds of muscle a month
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bulking

Skinny guy is Christian Thibaudeau, bodybuilder, strength coach writer for T-Nation, Iron Magazine, etc.

Does he even lift?
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Nothing but a joke. Change in lighting, stance, flexed vs not. Being leaner and being able to see more muscle definition doesn't mean you gained muscle. You're going by looks. Dexa-scan and prove you added the muscle you say you did in that time frame.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Nice results. But the reported gains as muscle are unrealistic.