Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I work in front of a computer all day so I try to get out and take "smoke" breaks. Even though I don't smoke I walk. When it's raining I can't do that. When I get home in the afternoons I'm always busy doing things with the kids and by the time I have me time it's dark outside. I don't have a treadmill. Maybe like @Hippychick5983 said I need to do some DVD workouts. But no rain for today so I will get my walk in.

How is everybody doing? I have a doctor appt. today. I haven't been since Nov. so it will be interesting to see what the scales there show vs mine at home.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I have a doctor appt. today. I haven't been since Nov. so it will be interesting to see what the scales there show vs mine at home.

How was it?
  • globug68
    globug68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Speaking of work I sit I stand. Our breaks are taken inside. I dont smoke but should go out for a short walk but sometimes not able.
    There is 3 of us at work using mfp and eating well so lots of support there. I have suggested we do some sort of excercise and stretching while at work, so we will see.

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm sensing a "cooling off" period. I've had a rough week and I made the mistake of not reaching out to you guys to help push me through! I haven't been as good about logging my food and it's keeping from being accountable! Yikes! I hadn't taken the elevator at work since Tuesday of last week and this morning I caved. My knee is bugging me (I think it just needs to crack lol) but I bent it funny getting into bed last night so I'm wondering if it swelled up a bit or something. Anyways. All that is behind me and this weekend I'm planning on doing a lot of walking with the dog! My goal this weekend is to take 2 walks per day.
    How are you guys doing??? :)
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Still Tracking every bite. It's been a very tough week stress wise. I sure wish stress burned calories in a good way- because it sure does make me hungry. Lol
  • Robertamccann
    Robertamccann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 150 before my wedding in 2017.
    It's always been an uphill battle but findings this app has helped.
    Feel free to add me and we can support and motivate one another
  • shirayne
    Options
    @Robertamccann: Welcome to the thread! We are all in the same boat fighting the same battle but we're all here to support each other along the way!
  • yvetty79
    yvetty79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose between 80-100lbs before my wedding in 2016
  • broekendy
    broekendy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am with ya, I have 100 big ones to lose as well..this is only day one for me. Hope I can do it.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have totally rocked my eating plan this week. In fact, on two of the days I actually had to put some effort into making it high enough on the calorie scale so I wouldn't fall below 1200! Yay me!! Now, my goal for the weekend is to keep with the 1 day eat-what-you-want plan, and to get a whole new shelf of yummies ready on Sunday for the coming week. I'm really tempted to add a 3 days of workout goal to my week, but for some reason I'm terrified of failing at a goal... How retarded is that!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here heard of www.healthywager.com ? I just found it through another post and I'm seriously tempted to sign up! I love competition and this could help me win money to buy those new clothes I'll be sporting!!
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

About a week and half into the journey and time to sort some stuff out. It has been mainly successful with some learning opportunities and some questions. So thought I would come to you experts! Where I am at: I have lost 3 pounds first week and gained back .8 (what?). I keep my goals of logging and staying in range 4 days and fitness 4 days/week. Nothing for years to 4/week seemed doable and I was successful! Hard-core gamer and I have kept myself off the game and in real-life this whole time even with my raiding guild tempting me to come back to help. Lots of real-life tasks to face and fix from years of neglect. I set small goals there too. I did not mean to change everything at once, I just could not see how to exercise with gaming and was honest enough with myself to know I would not control or cut it down cause I have tried in the past. You can out eat exercise, so health foods and portions seemed right...omg...this reveals I have to learn to cook/shop etc. - denial...we will do this next week.

Work is stressful and my favorite escapes of food and gaming are not healthy...so learning new techniques there too. I welcome any suggestions for success there. Finding it all abit overwhelming and trying to stay on target with one task at a moment. Breath...do my best...go on. I had planned out most of this. Took from this forum and others the advice to plan for failure and how to recover. My favorite: Monday is a new day!

What completely caught me off-guard is the gifts of food. My husband for my 14 hr. recent day from work hell - brought me my fav Panera bread caramel latte and pumpkin muffin (veggie right? lol). What an eye-opening calorie logging experience. Calorie limit failure....learning opportunity. Breath-move on. My co-workers give cookies and chocolate to each other etc etc. How do you gracefully deal with this? It is meant in a supportive we are in this together way but it is not going to work with my healthier lifestyle goals. Another question: For long-term success is it better to utilize calories to the added exercise target or just stay at the non-exercise targets? thanks in advance for the advice....still learning the ropes.

trailgirl (one day i will be strong enough to hike again)

• shirayne
    Options
    Hi all and hope your weekend is going well!

@trailgirl777: You're doing great! It's normal for your weight to fluctuate during the week even when you're doing all the right things. Just keep doing the right things and the losses will continue. If they stop altogether, it could be a plateau and time to change things up. Otherwise... see your doctor! I can't stress this enough to anyone on this journey! If anything doesn't feel right or isn't going as planned, see your doctor!

Food is such an easy gift/reward. It's so hard to turn it down, especially when it's something you love! You can always let them know that you're trying to get onto a healthier lifestyle and although it's really nice of them to offer, it's also really hard for you to turn down and you'd be more appreciative if it wasn't offered to you. OK, so easier said than done right?! Absolutely! The bottom line is that you need to find the willpower in yourself to just not take it. Try "no thanks" and get yourself your 50th glass of water that day. (Doesn't it always seem like you've had that much??? lol)

As for using the exercise calories, it's really a heated topic of conversation. Some say "do" others say "don't". Essentially, you need to eat enough to fuel your body and nourish it properly. To lose weight, you need to ingest less than you're expending. Sounds simple doesn't it? LOL the concept really is. The execution... not so much! But we CAN do this!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I've had a crazy weekend so far. I was adopted and after months of searching for my birth family I found my birth mother...
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    didjaever wrote: »
    Had a terrible 2 1/2 weeks. I am back to my bad eating habits. I refuse to get on the scale. I am afraid I have gained back the 9lbs that I lost. I need to refocus and get back on track.
    Whether you've gained/maintained isn't affected by whether you step on the scale or not. It's there even if you don't measure it. Get your butt back on that scale and recommit! You can do it!
  • ninthnarnian
    Options
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    I've had a crazy weekend so far. I was adopted and after months of searching for my birth family I found my birth mother...

Wow- what a weekend. I hope reconnecting with your birth mother (if you are able to) could be a positive experience for you. It's difficult to imagine the emotions you must be going through now. My thoughts are with you.
  • ninthnarnian
    Options
    Super stressful week physically and emotionally (Family stress /sudden loss of pet :( /yard sale/ilness)- and going back through my diary I noticed a big victory.

Not one day this week did I go over calories!

It was hard with all the stress but I made it somehow.

Thank you all for the encouragement- my goals are seeming possible for the first time in ages.

Keep it up ladies- you can do this! It is easy to mess up when tired or stressed but if you do- just start the next day knowing "I got this."
  • shirayne
    Options
    Seems like everyone is going through a bit of a rough patch. @bregalad5: That is certainly a exciting yet scary weekend!

Alright everyone I challenge you all to get back on track this week! Let's see how many pounds we can shave off as a group!
  • marsha6570
    marsha6570 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My people! It's hard to feel supported around people looking to just lose 10 or 15 lbs. My goal is to lose 200. I did it 16yrs ago and gained it back. I know I can do it again and keep it off now that I'm older and wiser. I just started the at home HMR diet. It keeps me away from the store. I am down 16 lbs from my heaviest weight today. Feel free to add me. I live alone and family is ... quietly supportive.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope I can join this thread. I've always been a curvy & happy gal, but now I'm beyond curvy and not so happy because my weight is causing headaches, exhaustion, achy joints, etc. (yes-went to the doc to rule out other causes). Now that I'm over 50, dropping pounds/getting fit requires a lot of concentration & effort--I know I can do it, but I can't do it on my own! So, I'm here to offer moral support & encouragement, because I am a people person & when I help others, I really help myself. So, if there's room on your team, please add me! Thanks! :)