p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did Chest and Back last night! I am not going to lie, to workout in the evening is an accomplishment for me! I usually get home from work and am exhausted. I started to do Ab ripper but got really light headed (due to the lack of food) so I stopped and made dinner. Overall I am pretty happy with myself. Btw I tried muting Tony and the gang and cranked up some rock to workout to and it was awesome! I even found myself dancing around between sets! (yes I know I am weird). I figure it was extra calorie burn!

Hope everyone has an awesome workout today!

@VickieWestbrooks: I followed the diet for about the first 8 weeks of P90X, but just got tired of stressing about it. Now I have MFP suggested calories etc.. and I just up my protein.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Plyo X last night. Was supposed to be the night before, but I felt some strange discomfort in my legs and had to stop immediately. I've done Plyo X enough to know that it wasn't good, whatever it was.

I didn't have that trouble last night so I guess all is well.

I'm going to do Ab Ripper X tonight if all goes well, but have to lay off the regular workouts for a few days. I'm taking it a little easier this round and won't be beating myself up over a whacky schedule. It took me 100 days to do round 1, I expect this round to take a fair bit longer.

Since I am now less than 10 lbs from my original goal weight and still seeing the weight coming off, I want to spend at least a little more time not living and breathing P90X workouts 7 days a week this time around =)
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders and Ab Ripper X! Bring it! =)

Do most of you do the diet or your own thing??

I do my own thing, taking hints from the diet and other resources.
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    (Week 2, Day 3)
    Whew, shoulders and arms went great today. I used bands today instead of weights just to see if I would like it. I do like the bands, it gives a whole new sensation of resistance.

ARX on the other hand is the devil. Purely a love/hate relationship between us. Each time I do it, I am able to do more and more reps, so I know I am getting stronger. The pain just never goes away or lessens lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Morning All,
    I'm still here & pushing play - just have been super duper busy these days! I got in ARX Monday morning & my shortie C&B Monday night. Yesterday should have been Kenpo in my hybrid, but I changed it out with a 4 mile Power Walking DVD that I love. Last week I did the 4 miles on Thursday & Legs & Back on Friday & Yoga X on Saturday & by Saturday night, I could barely potty without groaning! LOL :blushing: It was so bad that by Monday, I noticed my 5 y.o. doing it too! LMAO :laugh: So, Kenpo has now officially moved to Thursdays in my rotation, I think!

In other news, I can't believe I'm in my 3rd week & next week is recovery week! Wow this rotation is going fast, fast FAST!

S&A on tap for after work. ARX completed this a.m. before work. Keep pushing play, Xers! You're doing great!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone - Shoulders and arms and ARx completed today.

Do your best, and forget the rest!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Busy day here too. I did ARX and S&A today. I did every single rep in ARX this time. It wasn't always easy, but I did it! :bigsmile:

Thank you again for the "silence and cues" suggestion. I get through my workouts faster now. I get started on the exercise while Tony is talking, then I fast forward to the next one. Love it!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Busy day here too. I did ARX and S&A today. I did every single rep in ARX this time. It wasn't always easy, but I did it! :bigsmile:

Thank you again for the "silence and cues" suggestion. I get through my workouts faster now. I get started on the exercise while Tony is talking, then I fast forward to the next one. Love it!

*Throws you a parade for doing EVERY SINGLE REP in ARX!!!!!****:drinker: :happy: :smokin:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Can I join? I started p90x on the 27th, but just now getting back on MFP. I'm loving the workouts and feeling really healthy and strong. It's nice to see how much more of the workouts I can do since I started.

Hey there! :) We meet again!!!! Hop on board. :smile:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Everyone is kicking some serious booty. :)

I did plyo today and I wasn't feeling it... the mere fact that I pushed play today is a victory. I think overall it helps to do it earlier in the day if I can. And yeah, no extra turbo kick class for me tonight. I'm wiped out. :laugh:
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Starting P90X hopefully tomorrow :) Shouldn't be as hard as Muay Thai Kickboxing is. I love kickboxing. Time to bring it up a notch. I am already take Shakeology so hopefully this will push the weight loss a bit more.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • elizabennett
    Options
    I did my Kenpo X today. It was a really hard day; just found out my little 1 year old nephew has cardiomyopothy. Pretty sad, but he's stable. I let my emotions get out of control, so I am just proud that I did the workout. Only X stretch tomorrow, which I must admit I am looking forward to.

Smiles: I love seeing you on here! It's funny we're still kind of on the same wave-length. You look amazing btw! I am back working to get of the baby weight. So hard, but worth it!
  • armywife121110
    Options
    I'm starting P90X on Monday!! Really excited about it, but a little nervous too. I've only done Jillians 30DS and 20 minutes killed me, not sure about this 60 min thing!!
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    I'm starting P90X on Monday!! Really excited about it, but a little nervous too. I've only done Jillians 30DS and 20 minutes killed me, not sure about this 60 min thing!!

I finished the 30DS, and took 2 weeks off before starting P90X. It was a great "warm-up" for P90X. You will do great!!! WHich version are you doing?
  • armywife121110
    Options
    i'm not sure... any recomendations??
  • armywife121110
    Options
    what does everyone log p90x under??
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi Armywife,
    I don't know if I should be logging it this way but i just log the burn from my HRM.

Just finished Arms and Shoulders and Ab Ripper X. Was able to fight my way through it this week, some pausing on ARX but gave it my best and finished it out.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I did my Kenpo X today. It was a really hard day; just found out my little 1 year old nephew has cardiomyopothy. Pretty sad, but he's stable. I let my emotions get out of control, so I am just proud that I did the workout. Only X stretch tomorrow, which I must admit I am looking forward to.

Smiles: I love seeing you on here! It's funny we're still kind of on the same wave-length. You look amazing btw! I am back working to get of the baby weight. So hard, but worth it!

I need to google cardiomyopathy - I don't know what that is... :( Sorry to hear of your family's struggle. Good job getting the workout done - isn't it a great way to burn off bottled up emotions? Great job on the 1 lb loss too... baby weight be gone! :)