WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    damnit- I never thought of my boob size as bragging. lolol, jealous??? I do think I have to get resized. I am thinking i'm down to a C now....
    YES, I should be zooming around faster. road bikes are faster, this is my first one, really excited to start riding it again. and thanks for the compliment. that pic was I think a couple of years ago. my hair has grown out since. I LOVED that hair because it was so low maintenance, especially since I have helmet head all the time. why did you grow it out then, you ask. cuz when I went back home for a wedding, one nephew said, "geez, you look a lot like gramma (my mom), I was like ohhhh noooo. then someone else said it, and I said OH HELLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!, so, i'm growing my hair out... whaaaaa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Janet - yes, I did mean two spaces after a full stop (period). I'm keeping them if it doesn't look too strange as one space still looked weird. Proof arrives on Tuesday.

I spent this evening creating an Author Page on Amazon. I chose that photo of me in NYC that I posted on here last October. Having problems with some of the books they are listing, a couple are not mine, but at least there are some of mine on there. I wrote most of them a long time ago and most are remaindered. I am trying to sort it out.

I played around with bookmarks, but I am not a graphic designer! ! ! :laugh: Will have another go when I can take a photo of the cover to put on there. The professional sites are just about navigable. There are templates on Word, but ink is so expensive.

All this computer and marketing stuff is new to me. I never worked in an office, so even word processing is at a very basic level. Never done spreadsheets. :blushing: I am muddling along in the dark! :laugh:

Heather UK
    27681614.png
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Pip, I feel your pain! I got my hair cut short for the summer and loved it till I looked in the mirror and saw my mother looking back at me. Now, it can't grow out fast enough.

Today was a roller coaster! My son is STILL trying to clean out that old apartment, and he called me this morning to ask if I would bring him some trash bags. So I did, and when I got there, he was on the floor gasping, trying to breathe his oxygen. He had actually had an accident because he couldn't breathe. It was scary, but we got him up and back to his new apartment to rest and change his pants. Then I went up and vacuumed the carpet and finished taking boxes and bags of trash to the dumpster. Later, I took a load of stuff down to the new apartment and he was having some kind of seizure and couldn't breathe at all. I called 911 for an ambulance, but the paramedics came and got him stabilized. He was resting again when I left. I have to be at the studio for a couple of hours because people are coming between 3-5 to pick up some kids pottery, then I will go back and get the kids and take them to dinner and take the little guy to soccer practice. Whew! The drama just never ends! The kids were just terrified! So was I.

I told him there is no way on earth that he should EVER go back up to that apartment for any reason. He had been cleaning and vacuuming which is what brought on the attack. Plus, the cigarette smoke seeping in from the hallway was particularly nasty today. So, I will finish it up this weekend. All I have left to do is clean the bathroom and the kitchen and shampoo the carpets. Everything else is done.

I planned on spending the whole day at the studio making pottery, but that never happened. Oh well.

I hope you are all having a nice day.

Sylvia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - sending you lots of love.♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
    You are amazing! ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
    So sorry you had such a scare! <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. Woke up to rain this morning and sounds like it is to keep up most of today and tomorrow. We can sure use the rain. We did not go to Red Lobster lastnight. I just was not in the mood by the time I got off work. So went home and had left overs. DSIL must spend most her day eating. Doesn't upset me expect when it is things I have for my work breakfast. Going with a friend to a salad supper this evening. I went with her last year and it was fun. So looking forward to that.

Michele--I am looking forward to seeing your yard art.

Has anyone heard anything from DeeDee? Sure have been missing her.

Tina--How scary. I feel for the family of the man that died. Prayers for your friend. Life can change in the blink of an eye.

Kim--HUGS and congrates!!!

Allison--Very wise words. When all is said and done the important things are God, Family, friends. Thanks for the reminder.

Katla--good for you taking care of you. I stopped drinking 9 years ago as it was becoming way to important to me and I was doing things I am not proud of.

Carol--Sounds like you have some good friends to let off steam with.

Heather--I am so proud of you for all this work on your book and figuring out all the on line things.

Sylvia--How scary, does he realize how lucky he is to have you and all your help. Sending prayers and HUGS. Sure wish I lived closer and could come and help you get that placed cleaned and be done with it.

Well time to get something done before I get off work. It is still raining and sounds like to keep it up tonight and tomorrow. Good sleeping weather and do not have to get up early tomorrow as have the day off.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    home for the weekend Yahhhhh..
    DH will be on his way to Florida a week from now ,so will have some quite time where I dont have to cook alot...will still take care of my boys and the house and all and of course DFIL..
    I am thinking maybe next Sunday of taking my dad up to the New England Air museum and out to lunch...he was an avid pilot all his life up until he had to sell his share of single engine plane.. when I was 15 my DB and parents flew around the us for a month in that plane.. it was a real experience...
    I spend so much time with DFIL that I dont spend enough time with my dad... so that will be the plan...
    Sylvia ~ you are a God Send to your son and grandchildren they are so lucky to have you...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    whippet. - so sorry for the scare, glad you were there ! i'm a poet and I don't know it !
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Today started off cloudy and turned sunny. My crown is fixed. DH's dentist was kind enough to see me (mine is closed on Fridays). He spent most of my time in the chair admiring the work (two weeks today) by the surgeon on my neck! His wife has had several of these type surgeries done. Wanted his name. Turns out we know several people in common. Dreading the bill as our change in insurance companies by DH's company put us in one they don't have a contract with; a "little" detail DH did not tell me. Didn't tell me in the office until I was leaving; I guess they thought DH would have mentioned it to me (which makes sense). Arrrrrrrrgh........

Mary.......DH had asked his partner and got the "it won't hurt" rather tepid response on the oil pulling so I asked him and he was a lot more in favor of doing it.

Tina.......So sorry about your friend; will keep her in my thoughts. I think I saw the other story on the news........awful.

Kim.........Absolutely thrilled for your breakthrough!!!!!! YAY, for the feeling it gave you!

Sharon.......Good thoughts for ALL your stressful areas. You deserve some kind of medal!

Carol.......Glad you had a good time out!

Sylvia.........You deserve a medal too!!!!

Heather .........Kudos for sticking to your plan!

Vicki........Enjoy your salad dinner!!!

Good evening (or night) to all.
    yanniejannnie
    mid-Atlantic

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    bp3jfgwdpggx.jpg

Enough said ...

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    OH, Beth!!!!
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Saturday here and had a minor sleep-in.
    Poached eggs on toast for breakfast.
    Training: Jeannette's Circuit A, Bob's kettle-bells this morning and walk dog in afternoon
    Yesterday I walked 1 hour up the road to Betty's so Blaize and her dog Honey could play. Blaize swam in their dam too.
    Food today = 1786. T-bone steak for dinner.
    I won a signed copy of Tom Venuto's book on the LYB challenge. I guess it was to re-inspire me for May 98 day challenge, and that I kept on after Mildred beagle died.
    Blaize LOVES to walk
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Janet the reason we are not charging the brother for the removal of his stuff is he did check on my mom almost daily for three years if he had not done this my mom would have had to go into the nursing home sooner. It costs $8000 a month. So I told the brother who is organizing the clean out the other brother is going to go through enough trauma just seeing his stuff go, and he did save my mom money by delaying the nursing home. My problem with it is it made it difficult to go through my mom's house the was I would have liked to go through it. I hope he was not too difficult during the clean out. I was not there because I live 500 miles away and was only told about this final clean out once I was there a couple of weeks ago. Communication is not a strong point in my family. I have mixed feelings about not being there. I sensed the brother who is organizing the clean out felt he had enough with dealing with the older brother and the clean out. He had just sold his business of forty years and the two buildings that went with it, so he is in super clean out mode. He is right that is the frame of mind you need to get this job done.

I also am the two spaces after the period generation when I remember. LOL

:heart: MNMargaret
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Finally got a photo to upload ... From my phone ... None of my computers will do it!

Sylvia... Very scary about your son!

Drkatiebug ... For basic integrated algebra I am paying my son's tutor $50 per hour. I take him to the public library, cash only as she's avoiding the tax man. She's also a teacher at his high school.

10,000iu of D3 has been most helpful with my joint pain (arthritic sine age20). Although a lot can be said for losing weight, exercise and limiting processed food!

Hugs to those of you enduring tough times ... High fives to those of you celebrating!

Beth I'm WNY

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Sylvia, how scary about your son. I know that had to scare you and the kids something terrible. I hope he’s okay. And looks like you ended up helping clean the apartment after all. You are so wonderful. I hope he appreciates you. ((Hugs))

Heather, I think you are doing a fantastic job in figuring all this out. Especially not having worked in an office. Don’t let it get to you; one step at a time.

Allison, it sounds like a great outing with your Dad. You are a God Sent to DFIL.

Yannie, so glad you were able to get the crown taken care of. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you on the bill.

Beth, too funny! And how appropriate for the recent discussions. ROFL :D:p:#

Margaret, that is nice that your brother was there to help with your Mom. I know this is all hard on all three of you. It will be nice to have it behind you and be able to put the house on the market.

My back finally got a little better and I got a bit more done in the house. Most rooms are thoroughly cleaned and everything put back into place. Late afternoon my back started yelling at me again, so haven't done much since then. Think I'll take a pain pill and go to bed early. Plus that way I won't keep thinking about nicotine.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and wake up tomorrow with a smile. <3

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking and not posting all week. My boss, who is 40, also does the two spaces after period, so it is ingrained in more than us 'wiser' people.

So much rain in Atlanta this week - hope there is a bit of sun tomorrow, or at least not rain. My hostas are loving it and have grown a lot this week.

I'm Friday-night tired, but have enjoyed reading all the posts. I missed the shooting post, too.

Gail, metro ATL
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Quick hello...I've just about caught up.

I echo Heather's sentiment about all of you, she said it so well I won't try to elaborate, but that's what makes her a great writer. Looking forward to the book Heather.

Interview was a cattle call this morning but I didn't expect much, so there wasn't any disappointment. It was nice to get dressed up this morning though and I was pleased with how I presented myself. I haven't felt this much confidence in a long time.

Going for a walk in the woods tomorrow morning with a good friend and our dogs. The weather is supposed to be warm and sunny and I am looking forward to it.

My DS will be 32 on Sunday which I find amazing since I'm only 39! Where did the time go? I definitely weigh a lot less today than I did 32 years ago when I was pregnant!

I double space after a period; absolutely hate cilantro; my salad green of choice is spinach.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Chris in MA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride home 2 gym- 12.27min, 14.3amph, 2.9mi = 91c
    elliptical machine- 30min, 2550strides, 85stridespmin, 3.35mi = 223c
    ride gym 2 wk- 52.44min, 11.3mi, 12.9amph = 455c
    ride dome 2 tam- 16.40min, 10.7mph, 2.9mi = 161c
    ride tan 2 hm - 5.43min, 11.1amph, 1mi = 58cal
    total cal 988
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one of Bob Harper's Inside Out DVD's

Volunteered at the Green Room. I was thinking that I'd need to go get my passport renewed, but when Vince took it out of the safe he said to me "do you realize that you have one more year on your passport?"

Tina
    - how scary, glad they caught that guy. Prayers for your friend. Could she maybe have had a stroke or something?

Sylvia
    - I'm just so afraid that the head of the praying mantis is going to be streaky, and I can't repaint it again. I should have put the glaze on it the last time I was there because whatever happens is what's to be.

barbie
    - probably the reason I didn't notice your diary is because for some reason you don't come out on my homepage.

jane
    - how sweet of you to make that blanket

pip - if you want to make your dairy public, first go to the "home" tab, then the "settings" tab, under "diary sharing" click next to "public", and I guess there is some sort of tab about "save settings". That's IT

Heather
    - for the most part, I drink water. I sometimes add that "true Lemon" powdered lemon (doesn't add any calories) for a bit of taste. I'm not a coffee drinker, I may have it once or twice a year if someone else makes it. I will have my tea without sugar or creamer. Sometimes I've found almond milk to be a good addition. Almost never drink sodas, and never diet sodas.

Kim
    - so glad you're feeling better now

This morning I was getting prepared to make a chocolate chip banana bread for Vince, but you know what stopped me? Well, for one thing he has other things to finish up (like brownes, some Starburst Jellybeans that he loves, some angel food cake from a friend) but the thing that made me decide NOT to make it was the fact that I knew I couldn't resist having some of the raw dough and my official weigh-in is tomorrow. What a reason! So I cut up some apples to put in the refirgerator to hopefully get some of the liquid out of them to make an apple pie

I want Vince to go with me to get the hay for the grasseed we need to plant. I asked him when I got home from the Green Room (also stopped at Bi-Lo and Food Lion for items on sale) and he just said "later this afternoon". Well, how much later????

Sylvia
    - did that printing place REALLY think you were going to order from them again???? I ordered a chlorine resistant bathing suit once from this gal at the Y. I assumed she checked the company out. After having lots of problems I found out they were rated "F" by the BBB. I think they finally sent me a bathing suit (not chlorine resistant) just to shut me up

terri - yea for you doing the plank again! You're getting there! Oh, I meant to tell ya, I wasn't at the bowling meeting the whole time, but my team came in first for the seniors. Really, no help from me. but I did get a trophy out of it which is sitting on my mantle

katla - Oh, I'll post pics of the "pool critters". Like I said, I just hope and pray that the head of the praying mantis isn't all streaky. Then again, if it is, that could be a sign that it's homemade and not store bought. Maybe that's how I will look at it. I suspect this snail will take me most if not all of the sumer to do, mainly because I will most likely only be able to work on it on Tues and Thurs when it's raining. Then again, Vince might really want to work on his tree stump (I honestly was surprised that he wanted to do it) so we might wind up going more often. Have you ever seen that show "Forever"? It's about a guy who lives forever

Janet
    - when I do my plank, I have this hand-held timer (actually, I originally used it in the kitchen to time things cooking) and I put that on the floor below my head so I can see how long I've held my plank. Since you don't, I bet you hold it longer than you think you do. The next time your dh tells you a short joke, just tell him that "short people are the first to see the flowers grow and the last to feel the raindrops fall"

We finally got the hay. Actually, they didn't have any more bales of hay but he took us around back. There were a few partial bales. He said we could just take them since he only charges $5 for a bale and it really isn't worth it for him to rebale that hay and he can't sell it. So in essence, we were doing him a favor by taking it.

Sylvia - how scary to walk in and find your son on the floor. and then for him to have a seizure! My heart goes out to you

Vicki - DeeDee popped in a while ago. I know I've seen things from her on my homepage. Don't worry, I'll be posting pics of my "yard art". Praying the praying mantis doesn't come out streaky.

Margaret - I'm sure your mom really appreciated your brother being there for her.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom - beat u 2 it :0)
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I want a shirt with this on it.

qnnfc29mmt2z.jpg