Replies

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Friday's goal:
    - hit calorie goal
    - stay calm in face of insane day of deadlines and pressure with work

Well that didn't happen. Ate double my allowance today.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Saturday's goals
    - get my chores and jobs out the way so I can relax and enjoy most of the weekend (will have to do some work at some point)
    - stay close to calorie goal
    - rest and take a nap if needed... I have a crazy week ahead and need some energy
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps :)
    2. enjoy the sun and having a day off...rest? :neutral: eh...didn't really rest but did enjoy sun!
    3. 10+ fruits and veggies :)

Friday:
    1. 15,000 steps
    2. dance!
    3. 10+ freggies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Friday April 17)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Walk 1 hour :smile:

Just for today ( Saturday April 18)
    1. Stick to 1200 calories
    2. Walk at least 1 hour

• RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    April 18th - Happy Saturday, everyone !!!

Just for today, I will;
    1. Start using food scale, measuring cups/ spoons again to get back to more accurate calorie count.
    2. Get my bicycle out and go for a ride. Haven't even pumped tires up on it yet this Spring !!!!
    3. Exercise for at least 180 minutes.
    4. Stay focused on my goals!!!!
  • MonicaSmith98
    MonicaSmith98 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will
    1. Not eat over 1500 calories
    2. Go to th gym
    3. Not complain
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 04/17
    1. enjoy a day off from work! :) that was easy
    2. log everything :)
    3. weed berry patch; plant strawberry :) didn't plant the strawberry yet
    4. dig up garden to eradicate the mint; plant lettuce :) still working on this...but after 2+ hours, I feel I can log it as accomplished and add it to today's list.
    5. take dogs for walk; attempt to run part of the time, but pay attention to the foot! :)

Just for Today 04/18
    1. log every bite
    2. plant strawberry
    3. finish digging up garden and get lettuce planted
    4. get menu planned and go grocery shopping

I'm finding this daily goal setting helpful for more than just healthy living, it's also helping me get stuff accomplished.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Saturday's goals
    - get my chores and jobs out the way so I can relax and enjoy most of the weekend (will have to do some work at some point) ☺
    - stay close to calorie goal
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    So had some wine and that took me well over calories goal (400 over)

Otherwise a lovely productive day.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Sunday's goals
    - Walk to my lunch (50 mins) and either walk back or go for a run at some point
    - make sensible food choices at lunch so I stay close to calorie goal
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just getting started here... It's kinda late for today so I'm getting a head start for tomorrow.
    So, just for tomorrow...
    -Make good food choices.
    -Log every bite
    -See others thru love.
    -Do my ab/back workout.
    -Check in with MFP Community.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Whew! What a day!

My Aunt was called to the hospital for a long awaited kidney transplant. She's fine now but I didn't sleep well worrying.

My daughter's cat was sick. We took him to the vet this morning. It turned out that he must have drank antifreeze. We had to make the decision to put him down. My poor grandson is heartbroken.

My mom went to the emergency room with an intestinal blockage. She may need surgery but she is doing OK for now. After the vet I went to sit with her so my dad could go home to sleep.

I didn't eat much all day and then I wasn't feeling well. My blood pressure was way low. My doctor warned me that this might happen since I have lost 65 pounds. I may not need to take blood pressure medicine as I get thinner. So I will have to start being more careful about that.

When I started feeling better I was very hungry and I went way over my calorie goal...I didn't exercise at all....

But I am just not going to stress over it. I am going to
    take the advice of so many here and go easy on myself!

Just for today ( Sunday April 19)
    1. Get my grandson a little gift
    2. Send some flowers to my Aunt
    3. Take some sweet smelling lotion to my mom and rub her hands and feet.
    4. Go to see the 50th anniversary showing of The Sound of Music at the theater with my daughters.
    5. Take a nap just in case I have to spend the night at the hospital.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @bri170lb - sounds like a very rough day. Sorry you had so much going on, good job not letting yourself stress.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Friday:
    1. 15,000 steps :smiley:
    2. dance! :smiley:
    3. 10+ freggies :neutral: eh, close

Whoops, forgot to do this in the AM! I already know that I forgot to wear my fitbit during my FOUR HOURS of community garden work party...so I will adjust to step goal to what my official total is likely to be.

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps (in reality, probably 20,000+, darnit)
    2. Enjoy gardening and sun
    3. 10+ freggies
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    @bri170lb - sounds like a very rough day. Sorry you had so much going on, good job not letting yourself stress.

Yes! Hope everyone in your life is in better health tomorrow.

My parents went though kidney transplant (living donor and recipient) a couple of years ago. Even though it was stressful, things turned amazingly well.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Whew! What a day!

My Aunt was called to the hospital for a long awaited kidney transplant. She's fine now but I didn't sleep well worrying.

My daughter's cat was sick. We took him to the vet this morning. It turned out that he must have drank antifreeze. We had to make the decision to put him down. My poor grandson is heartbroken.

My mom went to the emergency room with an intestinal blockage. She may need surgery but she is doing OK for now. After the vet I went to sit with her so my dad could go home to sleep.

I didn't eat much all day and then I wasn't feeling well. My blood pressure was way low. My doctor warned me that this might happen since I have lost 65 pounds. I may not need to take blood pressure medicine as I get thinner. So I will have to start being more careful about that.

When I started feeling better I was very hungry and I went way over my calorie goal...I didn't exercise at all....

4. Go to see the 50th anniversary showing of The Sound of Music at the theater with my daughters.

Wow bri - you have had a rough day. I hope you day goes better, and yes, try not to stress over everything going on, and take extra good care of yourself!
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's been a while since I last posted but here goes. Just for today, I will:
    1. Not worry so much! Be more positive
    2. Get out of the house and go for a walk with my sons while the weather is nice.
    3. Log my food
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Whew! What a day!

Tough day. Look after yourself and my thoughts are with you.
  • aisling742
    aisling742 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will not binge
    I will log what I eat
    I will drink 6 glasses of water
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will do 1 hour of cardio