Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'm going to be pleased with my accomplishments, and okay with where I am on my journey at this moment.

Faithsimmons- this is beautiful, thanks for posting! Peaceful.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Friday goal
    Get on the treadmill at lunch and get it done. :)

Got up early and worked out on treadmill, ahead of schedule, I will try to get some more cardio in at lunch. Awesome feeling to start the day out strong!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 3/26 - Simple today .....
    1. NO sugar. I need to get the sugar OUT of my system! :\
    2. drink water
    3. Log everything I eat.

Not the best day again, but, it was choices that I made. No one to blame but myself. so

Just for today, 3.27
    1. make good choices. I am in control over what I eat, and how I take care of my body. SO be mindful of the choices I make!
    2. Exercise minimum 30 minutes. I know I feel better when I exercise. No matter what the rest of the day is like, get in the exercise.
    3. Concentrate on water.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I get so frustrated when I work so hard to track, exercise & eat healthy & it doesn't show up on the scale the next day. I know that at some point if I stick to these habits, they'll add up. I have to let go of the idea of instant gratification & trust the process. I've got to look up some quotes on being patient.

Today I will:
    Plan ahead for a dinner out tonight with friends (they'll be the focus, not the food & I've already logged in my dinner after searching the menu).
    Plan meals for the weekend & pack lunches as it will be busy.
    Do something nice for me. ???
    Keep some fruit & carrot sticks in my cooler bag in the car.
    Stay off caffeine (day 4 ugh).
    Do 4 miles on elliptical today.
    Eat only while sitting!! No more standing in the kitchen & snacking

Read that I need about 90oz of water a day. I drank 64 yesterday & felt like the tide was coming in.
    Have a great Friday!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Grandma Jackie, thank you for posting the message about the mental/physical connection. I'm going to print it & keep it in a highly visible spot. This was the inspiration I needed today & THIS is why I love this thread.
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Today:
    1. Smile and be happy with myself.
    2. Have a taste of my frosting I am making tonight for my Granddaughter's cupcake cake. I am making Elsa's dress. :D I love frosting so this will be a challenge.
    3. Don't make a big deal out of it if I do have a little more frosting. The thing is I don't crave the sweets so much anymore. So we will see.
    4. Drink lots of water while making the cake and frosting.

Have a great day everyone!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,308 Member
    Options

Just for today 3/26
    1. Get to gym and do Stair Master :)
    2. Remember smaller goals will turn into larger goals :)
    3. No late night snacking (every night hubby needs something sweet) :)
    4. Healthy foods shopping! :)
    5. Come back :)

Just for today 3/27
    1. Don't let the scale ruin your day
    2. No late night snacks
    3. Come back
    4. Remember how far you've came

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    I get so frustrated when I work so hard to track, exercise & eat healthy & it doesn't show up on the scale the next day. I know that at some point if I stick to these habits, they'll add up. I have to let go of the idea of instant gratification & trust the process. I've got to look up some quotes on being patient.

Sara - it is hard when you feel you should lose and don't. Sometimes it sets me into a tailspin. I am working hard on my attitude. I keep telling myself if I just continue moving forward, the small losses here and there add up. We all want to start eating right and have the weight just fall off. And someone commented earlier this week that when in our 20's that did happen. Now though, it takes more effort. Just keep telling yourself it's worth it :)
  • losingrae
    edited March 2015
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 3/26

1. log every bite :)
    2. gym for strength training (do not worry that you might look foolish, at least you are trying) :)
    3. 5 mins meditation :) I actually remembered!!!

Just for Today 3/27
    1. log everything
    2. do not let the "weekend attitude" take over to bring on poor choices
    3. 5 mins meditation
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Clean house for weekend
    2. write down all my food
    3. stay positive.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Something to think about-how is your "thought diet"? What you eat, how you move your body, and the words you listen to and tell yourself all influence your behavior and ability to reach your goals.If you tell yourself over and over again that you'll never lose weight, your subconscious is going to direct your behaviors to fulfill your ideology. You will fall into the same cycle you always have - thoughts lead to behaviors, which reinforce those thoughts. We have physical habits and we have mental habits. We try to change our physical habits(what we eat and how we move), but we usually overlook changing our mental habits. When your physical and mental habits are out of sync, it makes it difficult to reach your goals. The words you use to describe yourself are powerful. If you use hateful language to describe your body, you will continue to do things to make you hate it. You will exercise and eat better as a form of punishment instead of self-improvement. If you learn to love your body, you will begin to do things that care for it. If you tell yourself you have no power over "bad" food, you will likely continue to binge and eat out of control. But if you start telling yourself that you are in control, you will begin to feel in control, which will help bring about a change in behavior. Remember, thoughts ---> actions ---> thoughts ---> actions. The cycle is reinforcing. It can take you to the stars, or it can swallow you in a black hole. To change the direction you want to go you have to work on changing both your physical and your mental habits. Only then will your body be in harmony. ~CoachCalorie

This is a great quote! A great bit of wisdom. So true! However, I sure am doing horrible at it these past few days. Hit a really discouraging bunch of junk (emotional) here at home and it really makes me want to give up...like losing the weight just wouldn't even matter. I really need to perk up a bit, coz I know I feel better mentally as well as physically when I am on track with eating. It rather stinks that a sense of strength can be so fragile! So, speaking of a " thread", I am thankful for this one and will be hanging onto it... OK on cals for today if I can just manage not to eat for 6 more hours, ha ha! I will have to drink lots of water! There is another thread on doing planks and I joined it a few days ago. Have kept on track with that at least, which is good for me!
    Hope you all have a great rest of your day! :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. 13,000 steps :D
    2. survive Zumba :D
    3. stay under 100 carbs :)

Whoops! I forgot to set Thursday goals. Good news is that I am ONE POUND AWAY FROM 90 POUNDS LOSS!

Friday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. rest and try to get over cold
    3. work on healthy cooking/meal prep
  • losingrae
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    This is a great quote! A great bit of wisdom. So true! However, I sure am doing horrible at it these past few days. Hit a really discouraging bunch of junk (emotional) here at home and it really makes me want to give up...like losing the weight just wouldn't even matter. I really need to perk up a bit, coz I know I feel better mentally as well as physically when I am on track with eating. It rather stinks that a sense of strength can be so fragile! So, speaking of a " thread", I am thankful for this one and will be hanging onto it... OK on cals for today if I can just manage not to eat for 6 more hours, ha ha! I will have to drink lots of water! There is another thread on doing planks and I joined it a few days ago. Have kept on track with that at least, which is good for me!
    Hope you all have a great rest of your day! :)

Sorry you are going through a rough time right now. Hang in there, you'll feel doubly better if you get through it still intact for eating healthy
  • losingrae
    Options

Whoops! I forgot to set Thursday goals. Good news is that I am ONE POUND AWAY FROM 90 POUNDS LOSS!

HUGE accomplishment!!!! Congrats. Do you have before/current pictures.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Friday's goal
    - stay under net calorie goal. Will need manage day time carefully as eating at a friend's tomorrow eve to celebrate a birthday....

Think I also need to choose NOT to eat chocolate for a day.

Didn't quite achieve.... about 160 calories over but enjoyed the day and my food and ate few enough calories that it would still trigger 'loss'.

Didn't have any pure choc... did have some drinking choc....
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Saturday's goals:
    Portion control as priority as am eating out for lunch at a Chinese and am entertaining in the eve. And taking my nieces for ice cream.

So... will be well over my usual allowance. And it doesn't need to be crazy.... I definitely get that "weekend/entertaining" feeling and can have he urge to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So... Portion control.....
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

HUGE accomplishment!!!! Congrats. Do you have before/current pictures.

Thanks! I'm waiting to lose one more pound before I take a new picture, but there are 80-pound comparisons on my profile.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Friday March 27)
    1. Take breakfast and lunch and snack with me :smile:
    2. Walk at least 1 hour :smile:
    3. Stick to food plan :smile:
    4. Shop for healthy foods - Didn't shop yet

All & all, a very nice day. Just settling down to watch Camelot on TCM. :smiley:

Just for today ( Saturday March 28)
    1. Wake up early for a walk
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Do 10,000 steps
    4. Smile alot & have fun

• babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for Today
    1. Start the day right, eat breakfast
    2. Try to refocus
    3. Believe in me
  • losingrae
    Options

Thanks! I'm waiting to lose one more pound before I take a new picture, but there are 80-pound comparisons on my profile.

The 80 pound is pretty amazing! I am in awe :)