• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE PEEPS! :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Added the 330 calories to my food log - now time to salvage the rest of the day! I can still do this! But note to myself - I sure could have used 330 calories in a much better way!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a 50 minute walk in a heavy snowfall. It was crazy fun! I challenge every one in the mountains of Colorado to get out there and enjoy the spring snow befor it's gone!
  • LisaT678
    LisaT678 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I already messed up my goals for the day. Had some simple carbs for lunch. Mac & Chz was screaming my name!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Why is is SO easy to get off track --- easter bunny peeps calling my name and they are winning

LOL, I understand Joan, but the Peeps are not your friends! Hope you can stay away from them.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    JUSTSAYNOTOPEEPS!
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    just for today
    1. Back to my water pitcher on the kitchen counter. Drink that water.
    2. Eat those veggies.
    3. I can do this. :smile:
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Joan, I'm new to this thread over the past 3 days or so, but it has been really helpful. I completely understand what you mean about staying on track for 3 days then losing it. We revert habits rather than willpower when things get stressful. I'm trying to think of other things to do than eat now...

Today,
    - work out hard this morning at the gym in class- DONE despite poor sleep
    - Avoid sweets- NOT done, BUT, I did stay within my calorie goal for the day.

So, I learned that 1. the sweets did not sit well with me after I ate them, I only felt more hungry, 2. I can still have sweets, but stay within goal and have reasonable lunches and dinners.

What helped me avoid totally overindulging: having only a few sweets available to me. I bought 2 cookies out at lunch, when they were gone, they were gone. period. generally, i buy like a box of cookies or an entire tin of ice cream at the grocery store. So, when I get home it's so hard to stop! I wouldn't have stopped eating these cookies today if I had had more of them. So, glad I didn't. AND, from this mistake or error, I learned something useful that I can do next time. So, it's not really a setback :).

• shannonguiler
    Options
    Just for tomorrow...
    Wake up and be alive. Clean my house, complete #c25k week 1 day 3. And connect with people who have been missing me.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Rae - you are sure not alone. I can do just great for 3-4 days, then have a day where I am totally off again. So discouraging. I think I keep losing the same 3 lbs over and over again. But --- as long as we keep trying, we will win!

Yep, me too. YIKES
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :|
    2. get some rest/be kind to slightly upset stomach :)
    3. get in an hour of workout time :D 3 hours social dancing

Wednesday:
    1. 13,000 steps
    2. survive Zumba
    3. stay under 100 carbs
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I walked four miles yesterday and stayed within my calories for the day Wednesday.

Today I will:
    - log everything I eat
    - walk four miles
    - stay within my calories

Have a wonderful day everyone.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    1. Log everything I eat. I already have this started for the food I've packed :)
    2. Stay Away from the jellybeans :) Me 2 Jellybeans 0
    3. Take what few minutes I have to get up and walk :D Very few minutes, but I did it
    4. Look for happiness in the little things. It's there if I pay attention. :) and :( I'm still struggling with some things here

Just for today I will

1. Log everything I eat
    2. Walk walk walk at least 12000 steps
    3. Breathe and try not to get overwhelmed

Hope you all have a good Thursday
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Rae - you are sure not alone. I can do just great for 3-4 days, then have a day where I am totally off again. So discouraging. I think I keep losing the same 3 lbs over and over again. But --- as long as we keep trying, we will win!

Yep, me too. YIKES

I seem to be on the up 1 down 1 up 1 down 1 elevator weight wise. I know this will not last forever, but it's hard not to use it as an excuse. After all, if eating well isn't working...... But, I am not going to let this defeat me this time. If I keep doing the right things (at least most of the time anyway) I know someday I will win.
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1. Keep awake today. Rough night not sleeping so well.
    2. Keep smiling. :D
    3. Eat smart.
  • LisaT678
    Options
    Just for today I will:

1. Track EVERYTHING I eat
    2. Get my water in.
    3. No simple carbs today!!!
    4. Get my proteins in.
    5. Workout class tonight.

Happy Thursday everyone.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 3/25
    1. log every bite :)
    2. get in 40 mins cardio :)
    3. do 5 mins meditation :) I keep forgetting

I have a great NSV. Yesterday I was super grumpy, for no apparent reason. Usually when this happens, I turn to food to make me feel better. We all know it doesn't. Somehow, I made it through the day yesterday without overindulging! I even went to the gym to do my 40 minutes of cardio. I was trying to come up with all sorts of excuses not to, but gave those up and went :)

1. log every bite
    2. gym for strength training (do not worry that you might look foolish, at least you are trying)
    3. 5 mins meditation
  • LisaT678
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

I have a great NSV. Yesterday I was super grumpy, for no apparent reason. Usually when this happens, I turn to food to make me feel better. We all know it doesn't. Somehow, I made it through the day yesterday without overindulging! I even went to the gym to do my 40 minutes of cardio. I was trying to come up with all sorts of excuses not to, but gave those up and went :)

Congratulations on a job well done!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Had a great weigh-in today. I have been super meticulous all week on my eating and trying to get in anywhere from 1-2 hours of cardio a day. I haven't been eating back my exercise calories, but once I finish this weight loss challenge at work (which ends 5/1/15), I'm going to start putting some in. I can always use more protein and less carbs. I'm a carbs kinda girl.
    Anyway I lost since my last weigh in last week when I gained 1.6 lbs and weighed 171 lbs and this week I weighed 164.4, which was a 6.6 lbs loss. A killer week to be sure, I was sick last week and eating everything and it's brother and I think, part of this was water weight, so I think I will be back to 2 lbs next week.

Anyway, Just for today:
    1) Get in another 30-60 minutes of cardio this afternoon or tonight
    2) Stay at or under my 1200 cal
    3) Get in 6-8 glasses of water
    4) Get in some crochet time tonight. Didn't get any done last night.
    5) Take it one day at a time.

Everyone have a great day and keep coming back and posting!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    , which was a 6.6 lbs loss. !

WOW! Fantastic! Great job!