Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've done MUCH worse. 8000+ kcal kind of worse.

I am.... so impressed? I really cannot imagine eating more than 2.500 in a day, no matter what.
    I want to be slightly horrified, too, but mostly I feel this insane desire to also do something that excessive once in my life, just to cross it off my bucket list.
    Did you feel good afterwards, or sick, @Susieq_1994 ? (Physically- all guilt and such aside.)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    K
    Not a confession but a rant: my diet has been good for the last few weeks and I've worked out like a *kitten*. My reward? Nada nothing nyet. Not a single lb lost :( I know weight loss isn't linear but it could've thrown me a motivational bone

*breathes* must not binge away disappointed feelings

Keep at it - it'll be worth it in the end (says she who accidently puts too much Nutella on the toast for her sons & "has" to lick it. I know... I know.)

To confirm - lick the spoon, not the toast.

Haha I did wonder! And had a mental picture of you licking toast then giving it to your bewildered son

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kind of food eaten. I really love creamy sauces, cakes, mashed potatoes with loads of butter; stuff like that. They add up pretty quickly without an enormous amount of bulk! These days, I just avoid.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Not a confession but a rant: my diet has been good for the last few weeks and I've worked out like a *kitten*. My reward? Nada nothing nyet. Not a single lb lost :( I know weight loss isn't linear but it could've thrown me a motivational bone

This was me this morning! Been 'good' (I hate that word in relation to losing weight) all week - exercised, below calories - and nothing, not 1 sodding pound off! And I'm fat enough that this weight should be shifting easier than that! Also fighting the urge to binge away disappointed feelings!

I hope you've fought the urge successfully. Its so demotivating when the scale doesn't move. I should be dropping lbs for giving up my Starbucks addiction alone!
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Today, I will be in the green for the first time since 4/6. Yay.

Well done!
  • ethim
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Lol sadly no, it seemed to do the trick, but I FELT disgusting afterwards. Though it's kind of funny now.

Mix on serving of cottage cheese with some Hershey cocoa powder and some sweetener (splenda, stevia, sweet N low etc.) Stevia is my sweetener of choice. Mix those together and BOOM. Delicious chocolaty treat packed with protein and low in calories

I confess that cottage cheese reminds me of baby milk vomit

I think you may have just ruined cottage cheese for me forever...
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    It's nearly 11am here, and I have 89 steps registered on my Fitbit.
    Time to get moving!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Lol sadly no, it seemed to do the trick, but I FELT disgusting afterwards. Though it's kind of funny now.

Mix on serving of cottage cheese with some Hershey cocoa powder and some sweetener (splenda, stevia, sweet N low etc.) Stevia is my sweetener of choice. Mix those together and BOOM. Delicious chocolaty treat packed with protein and low in calories

I confess that cottage cheese reminds me of baby milk vomit

I think you may have just ruined cottage cheese for me forever...
    It reminds me of it too, but I still like it. Confusing.
  • ethim
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I sometimes check the "missed connections" section of Craigslist in my area in the secret hope that someone will post about seeing me, thinking that I was cute, and wishing that they'd talked to me. It's silly, I know, and if anyone actually did post anything that I thought was about me, I'd never answer. But still...

I blame all the romantic comedies that I'm hopelessly addicted to. :)

One morning I was walking from the train to work and a man asked me if I wanted to get coffee. I turned him down, I was not interested in him, I have a boyfriend, it was before 8am and I needed to get to work. But this lead to a discussion of ways we'd been asked out, my personal favourite was when someone wrote his email address in a book I was about to buy after starting talking in the bookshop. But a girl I worked with had had a message, not on Craigslist, but in a magazine or paper, saying you were the girl in the robot t-shirt, I was the guy talking to you... She didn't contact him! I thought having been the subject of one of these was pretty cool though.

Awww...:) Yeah, that's the kind of thing I would love to have happen to me someday. The closest I ever came was a guy approaching me to tell me that he couldn't help but notice...that my shirt was on inside out. :/

Two guys have approached me, one when I was 17 and when I was 19. The first one was impressive, I was walking with a friend and he told me he was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, honestly I figured it was some kind of joke and turned him down, it was just so odd. Second one was in the subway and he was probably 10 years older than me or something... It's actually sorta annoying when it happens and I would have a hard time going through with it.

My confession is that it's still pretty nice when that happens, lol!

These are so sweet (and yet at the same time kinda creepy) - the only time anything remotely like this happens to me is when the odd 12 year old boy is showing off to his mates and cat calls cheesy pick up lines whem I'm walking home (and I'm 30 gorramnit).
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

This was me this morning! Been 'good' (I hate that word in relation to losing weight) all week - exercised, below calories - and nothing, not 1 sodding pound off! And I'm fat enough that this weight should be shifting easier than that! Also fighting the urge to binge away disappointed feelings!

I hope you've fought the urge successfully. Its so demotivating when the scale doesn't move. I should be dropping lbs for giving up my Starbucks addiction alone!

Well it's 6pm and so far I haven't, but I did buy myself 1 donut - that I will be eating and it will put me over calories - and I'll be over by about 400 today. This is not a binge for me, a binge has lots and lots of chocolate and junk and probably about 5-6000 calories (very bad days).
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I've done MUCH worse. 8000+ kcal kind of worse.

I am.... so impressed? I really cannot imagine eating more than 2.500 in a day, no matter what.
    I want to be slightly horrified, too, but mostly I feel this insane desire to also do something that excessive once in my life, just to cross it off my bucket list.
    Did you feel good afterwards, or sick, @Susieq_1994 ? (Physically- all guilt and such aside.)

Really, really sick. It's when my "food monster" kicks in; I can put away ENORMOUS amounts of food and still not feel full. Then, it's like the monster just goes to sleep and I'm suddenly so full that my stomach is swollen and I can't breathe. It's pretty awful, to be honest, and I wish I couldn't put that much away myself! The stuffed, sick feeling doesn't go away for about 48 hours, usually, and the bloating it causes stays for like a week. :(
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    It's nearly 11am here, and I have 89 steps registered on my Fitbit.
    Time to get moving!

It's 1:30 here and I have 292 steps. I love Saturday.

• lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Really, really sick. It's when my "food monster" kicks in; I can put away ENORMOUS amounts of food and still not feel full. Then, it's like the monster just goes to sleep and I'm suddenly so full that my stomach is swollen and I can't breathe. It's pretty awful, to be honest, and I wish I couldn't put that much away myself! The stuffed, sick feeling doesn't go away for about 48 hours, usually, and the bloating it causes stays for like a week. :(

I am suddenly not really contemplating doing this once out of morbid curiosity. It sounds quite terrible, and must interfere with your wellbeing for quite a few days. I'm sorry. I hope you have found ways to restrain the desire to eat to the point of causing yourself such intense discomfort?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I got sick almost to the point of throwing up for eating too much a couple times in the last year. It wasn't pretty. I guess the only positive about that is that typically at least I'm not hungry at all the next day. But it's not calorie-dependent, it depends on what I eat... a lot of fat is more likely to do it than a lot of sweets... but it just takes a lot for me to be so full that I'll turn down some dessert, lol!

Confession is that I ate too much at the food trucks. Waffle, tater tots, a small strawberry shortcake, and a small slice of pizza. I don't think I'll be hungry for dinner. But I should still be close to maintenance this week as long as I'm under my goal tomorrow.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    klexbrmf6e8a.png

Office Lunch and End of Financial Year Party - Uh Oh....

In my defence this is rare and I did bank calories/kilojoules to allow for most of it.... but before seeing it like this I never would have given it a seconds thought. This is my maintenance kilojoules (approx 7000) for two whole days!!
    I didn't see that this was kj instead of kcal for a second and I was really impressed.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Also, binged a little bit this morning (two slices of toast, two apples, and half a banana for breakfast. Whoops.)
    But then I ate one twizzler (for luck I guess?) while in the middle of a 3-hour test, and didn't want more. I'm kind of upset that one twizzler has more than 40 calories though. Ugh.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Also, binged a little bit this morning (two slices of toast, two apples, and half a banana for breakfast. Whoops.)
    But then I ate one twizzler (for luck I guess?) while in the middle of a 3-hour test, and didn't want more. I'm kind of upset that one twizzler has more than 40 calories though. Ugh.
    Oh, sweetie. That isn't a binge. Please be kind to yourself xx
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just posted on my feed about how glad I am that I'm not hungry tonight and just wanted to eat an apple... Then I ate the apple and I started getting hungry. So much for limiting the damage today.

Plus my son told me the 4 pears we had were bad, so I figured I'd have to use them, and made some kind of pear clafoutis for breakfast tomorrow, to start the day healthily...
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I'm cooking dinner with my best friend tonight. I thought we were making pea & ricotta dip, plus something to go with the leftover Skinnytaste risotto I made last night. No, she's bought mussels and steaks too! It's going to be an 'eating day'.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I need that robot from the news that cooks for you. Chicken won't last much longer, don't feel like cooking.