Hi everyone- just getting started...
    Just for today I will
    Log anything that goes into my mouth
    Go to the gym
    Drink at least 32 ounces of water
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will: get off my bum and go to the shop to buy the rest of the ingredients we need for dinner! I've been talking myself out of it all day and it's just because I'm too lazy to change out of my PJs on a chilled Sunday. Now I've written it down, I've made a commitment... Shower, clothes, make-up, out the door! Go go go!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps:) 11,230
    2. Enjoy gardening and sun :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3. 10+ freggies :)

Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. do heavy gardening tasks...muscles!
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. Day two!

-Make good food choices. :| Probably too much butter...
    -Log every bite. :D Done!
    -See others thru love. o:) Ok this was tough but I did better.
    -Do my ab/back workout. :p Going to do it now
    -Check in with MFP Community. Done! B)

Just for tomorrow...
    -have a positive attitude.
    -log every bite
    -stay w/in my nutrition parameters.
    -drink my water
    -exercise! Do something!
    -see others thru love.
    -check in with MFP community.

And go!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Whew! What a day!

My Aunt was called to the hospital for a long awaited kidney transplant. She's fine now but I didn't sleep well worrying.

My daughter's cat was sick. We took him to the vet this morning. It turned out that he must have drank antifreeze. We had to make the decision to put him down. My poor grandson is heartbroken.

My mom went to the emergency room with an intestinal blockage. She may need surgery but she is doing OK for now. After the vet I went to sit with her so my dad could go home to sleep.

I didn't eat much all day and then I wasn't feeling well. My blood pressure was way low. My doctor warned me that this might happen since I have lost 65 pounds. I may not need to take blood pressure medicine as I get thinner. So I will have to start being more careful about that.

When I started feeling better I was very hungry and I went way over my calorie goal...I didn't exercise at all....

But I am just not going to stress over it. I am going to
    take the advice of so many here and go easy on myself!

Just for today ( Sunday April 19)
    1. Get my grandson a little gift
    2. Send some flowers to my Aunt
    3. Take some sweet smelling lotion to my mom and rub her hands and feet.
    4. Go to see the 50th anniversary showing of The Sound of Music at the theater with my daughters.
    5. Take a nap just in case I have to spend the night at the hospital.

Bluddy tough times. You have my sympathies and my empathy,
    Take care of you when you can - you will need the strength. Naps are good ideas at times like these! Helps mind and body,,,,,,,,x
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. Today was a much better day.

Just for today ( Sunday April 19)
    1. Get my grandson a little gift :smile:
    2. Send some flowers to my Aunt still can't receive flowers in icu most of the day but I will send them in the morning. She is doing great
    3. Take some sweet smelling lotion to my mom and rub her hands and feet. :smile: mom's getting better without surgery. She should be coming home Monday
    4. Go to see the 50th anniversary showing of The Sound of Music at the theater with my daughters. :smiley:
    5. Take a nap just in case I have to spend the night at the hospital. Didn't have time for this but I'm ok without it.

Just for today ( Monday April 20)
    1. Walk in morning
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Do housework and laundry

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just for today Monday 20th
    1.) work on making veggies a large portion of my plate
    2.) get to the gym after work for cardio and weights
    3.) do not judge myself for being 25lbs over weight. just keep trying.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    3. 10+ freggies

LOL on the "freggies" !!!!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday - 1. Pay attention to the amount of food that I'm eating since my off I'm full switch is still broken. I really want it to work again. 2. Eat my veggies before my main portion of my lunch 3. if after eating my veggies I'm not hungry enough for all of my leftovers, I don't eat it.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My discipline has been so up and down...which is disheartening and makes it hard to enter a post here! But I'm going to try to stick to it, coz this is the only accountability I have.
    The good news is that, finally, after a month of "wandering" and seeing no real results for spurts of "good behavior"...I finally dropped a pound--which is the motivation I always need to plunge back in to another round of hard work. It is so discouraging to have worked hard for a week or two in there with no budging! So, I have 14 to go, and I can drop a "stone" over into my "pounds lost" jar :) .
    The other encouraging thing is that although I've not been keeping food parameters very well, I maintained the same weight without gaining any. It's kind of funny...after I lost my first 30 pounds, I was so excited and thought I was sooooooooooooo "skinny"! Then, after a month of getting used to the new me, I see the truth--that I still have FAT. Ugh. :# So, hopefully I will go, go, go!!!
    I did fair over the weekend getting back to keeping goals--ate my exercise cals, but at least I did exercise and not go "over" net :) I'd like to try to do really well today!

JFT:
    1. Stick to calorie goal.
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min
    4. Make a difficult appt I know I need to do.

Bri170lb: Glad to hear you had a better day yesterday. My heart went out to you when I read your difficult post the other day!! He will never leave you nor forsake you. Glad you got to see your "Sound of Music"!
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will concentrate on getting back to the weight I was in January! Keep within calorie goals, drink more water, and exercise today at the gym. Then get a few things accomplished when I get home, cut up fruit for the next day, sort paperwork, put away laundry.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Just can't seem to stay away from the sugar, but I have to keep trying.
    so just for today
    1. no sugar
    2. drink more water
    3. write down my food.

I seem to be in a real slump, but like kwfitgal said, at least we do have accountability here, and we have to keep trying!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Was MIA yesterday because I just wasn't near a computer nor had time to log in with my phone. But I did all right, I think. Back at it today:

Just for Today 04/20:
    1. log everything
    2. get in 10 glasses of water
    3. do 30 mins cardio
    4. go grocery shopping (ugh)
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1.log everything
    2.Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Do a strength training routine, along with 50 crunches for a challenge I'm doing
    4. Believe in myself
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today....I won't take a nap.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. swim :)
    3. do heavy gardening tasks...muscles! :)

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift (heavy) weights
    3. 10+ freggies

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    This morning I was .3 pounds away from the 90-pound mark! So close, and yet so far!

Think good thoughts for me. I am hoping that tomorrow will be the day.