What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• tayz0r
    tayz0r Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Smoothie: 1 banana, 1c non-fat Dannon vanilla yogurt, 1c low-fat almond milk, 2tbsp PB2, 1c frozen strawberries, 2oz frozen blueberries.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes with sugar free syrup :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hubby's in charge of the shakes, and since he wanted to work out on a lighter stomach, I asked him to make me one Saturday morning. I'm not entirely clear how he makes them but I know there's whey protein in there, frozen bananas, frozen strawberries and milk I think. It's very, very good.
  • nephilim_dreams
    nephilim_dreams Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat breakfast but when I do I alternate between: a bagel (wholewheat or cinnamon and raisin) with light cream cheese, wholewheat toast with avocado and an egg, wholewheat toast with tinned plum tomatoes and an egg, fat-free Greek yoghurt with cereal and fruit.

If I've got the time and can be bothered, I sometimes make Greek yoghurt pancakes.
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i have a breakfast sandwich, jimmy dean delights or the breakfast bowl. other days i have oatmeal.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Same thing every day.

1 whole egg (the yolk is not evil)
    Egg whites
    green peppers
    sweet onion
    Sriracha
    all cooked on the stove-top and served open-face on a Thomas's Light English Muffin.

Microwave eggs are teh grossness.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    varies but generally a sandwich thin or english muffin with egg and a bit of cheese on it (or PB2)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I flip in between steel cut oats with Demerara sugar and butter or egg whites and cheese on chia toast, very rarely a smoothie/protein shake.
  • antoinetteg1957
    antoinetteg1957 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat the same thing every day. I switch off from eggs with veggies to Greek yogurt with fruit to banana with peanut butter.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Just a banana most days. I arrive at work at 7 and start properly at 8 but I usually eat my banana during break at 10.15. Reason: If I eat before work, I'm STILL hungry during break and I eat again. But even if I eat plenty in the morning, I'm still horribly hungry in the evening.

So I prefer to be hungry during the day and eat properly at night.

When I have a late breakfast on Saturday or Sunday, I fry some eggs, sometimes with bacon or I serve them with smoked salmon.

If I didn't have to watch my calories so darn much, I'd LOVE toast and peanut butter for breakfast.
  • cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2 slices of toasts, 2 fried eggs (sometimes omelet with 25g spinach and mushrooms), 2 slices of turkey bacon and strong coffee with a whole cup of slim milk.
    Around 500 kcals, but i need it to get through a 3-hour long not-so-interesting class on a Monday morning.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I used to do a protein shake, lately I've been having oatmeal, fairly low calorie, keeps me full until lunch and really cheap! Plus it is something I can quick make at work since I hate waking up early. The weekends is a whole other thing, my husband and I tend to do brunch (either at home or out)
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Home made breakfast bowl. 2 scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, shredded cheese and potatoes o' brien. Or maybe a few tator tots if that's what I have. That or I'll cut those portions in half and put it in a wheat tortilla to make a burrito.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • catedesimone
    catedesimone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing every day for breakfast. An egg, piece of whole wheat toast, and some fruit.
  • Fushia99
    Fushia99 Posts: 2
    Options
    I start with a shake - a cup of water, 1/2 cup of blueberries, non-fat yogurt or soy milk, protein powder and sometimes Matcha green tea powder. Then I have a SECOND breakfast two hours later as you should not live on shakes alone. Usually a coffee or tea and some carbs like a small tortilla wrap with a bit of goat cheese - plus I added a slice of low-sodium turkey bacon (30 calories) the other day. Note - it doesn't have to be a traditional breakfast food. Enjoy and change it up a bit.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I like a hearty breakfast. Here is my "template:"

Coffee plus ~100g of whole milk
    1/4 cup (uncooked) oatmeal or grits
    4 oz meat (sausage, turkey, chicken)
    Added fiber: 1 Tb flax meal; 8 g chia seed
    1 cup veggies (steamed or cooked with the meat)

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    whole egg poached on wheat toast, buttered (just a pat) or A siggi's yogurt with fresh fruit.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I make my own "McMuffins" with a Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker.
    Scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, diced ham & cheese
    cearal
    peanut butter sandwich

• 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like to eat protein for breakfast if I can; It fills me up. Turkey sausage and some fruit. Sometimes quiche or eggs. Cereal when I'm in a hurry but that doesn't last long.