Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I Confess That People Who Insist On Capitalizing Every Word Of Their Post Makes Me Want To Punch Them In The Throat

May I watch...or contribute?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    My daughter was looking over my shoulder the other day as my best friend (English teacher) and I were messaging on Facebook. She couldn't believe that we used correct spelling, proper grammar and no text-speak. I told her that's how it was in the olden days.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Whoa, sorry for all the back to back posts. I'll throw in a confession:

I kind of wish I had been a little more wild when I was younger. I met my husband when I was 20 and we got married at 22. He was really square when we met, so even though I had done some stupid stuff up until then, I stopped once we were together. I feel like I missed out.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I confess: I had absolutely nothing positive to say to a girl who thought "calorie counting is annoying" and a recent health even has made it a necessity to lose weight and it's "unfair" and how "I hope my life is worth it". All I could picutre was a pouty 4 year old stomping their feet shouting it's not FAIR!

So I thought I should just not saying anything there and post my annoyance here instead.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I live in Washington, and even though it's legal now, I still feel weird about smoking weed. (or eating it). I haven't done it yet, although I think it could really help my anxiety/sleep issues. Those D.A.R.E. guys got me good! :D

Hahaha. It's not legal in Kansas, but even if it does become so, I don't think I'll try it. I didn't in high school when other girls were smoking it in the locker room, so I don't think I would now. I'm pretty square and I'm perfectly fine with that. o:)

I have never smoked weed. I've had friends around me that have or do, but it's never appealed to me. I'm not against having it legalized here, but I do hate the smell and wouldn't want to be around it.

I hate the smell too, and I hate not having full control over my body. That's the main reason I don't enjoy drinking to the point of getting drunk. I'm sort of a control freak.

I confess that I have never tried illegal drugs of any kind. If weed was legalized here, I would still not try it. I figure if I made it through my teen/young adult years without trying it, there is no point now. I also do not drink to the point of being drunk, but do enjoy the occasional glass of wine/beer.

I was raised in a strict no-alcohol environment (I am a PK), and I am proud that I have a healthy relationship with alcohol.

Good for you! I know several PK's and they refuse to touch alcohol of any kind. To each their own, I guess.

Thank you! I never thought my Dad's choice in a career should define who I was. That being said, my parents are actually pretty cool as well. One of the reasons there was such a strict no alcohol rule was because my Mom was raised by an alcoholic mother and did not want her kids to ever go through what she went through.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Grammar/spelling is one of my 'things'. I generally let kids off because, as a pp says, they are growing up with text speak but there is no excuse for an adult to use it. What really annoys me is the homework worksheets sent home with my kids, written by their teachers. Invariably they are riddled with spelling mistakes and errors. One last week spelt diameter as 'diameetre' and 'there' as 'their'. I have complained about it many times - if the teachers can't write English properly, or check their own work for typos, what hope is there for the pupils?
    ETA: I am allergic to cannabis, can't eat it or smoke it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Whoa, sorry for all the back to back posts. I'll throw in a confession:

I kind of wish I had been a little more wild when I was younger. I met my husband when I was 20 and we got married at 22. He was really square when we met, so even though I had done some stupid stuff up until then, I stopped once we were together. I feel like I missed out.

Sigh, I have been out of this site for 2 days, I am afraid of how much I have to catch up on but... for this... I was always super square and introverted and way too serious. I wish to this day I could be more wild and fun. But I can't even last beyond a few drinks and its like...sorry gotta go to bed! Plus I don't get wild and crazy when I drink, I just want to talk. And I don't like crowds, parties or being up late... I get self conscious, withdraw into myself and tired. I am best with 1 or 2 friends at dinner or something, then I have a ton of fun. But I do envy people who are partiers. Just not in my nature I guess.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I live in Washington, and even though it's legal now, I still feel weird about smoking weed. (or eating it). I haven't done it yet, although I think it could really help my anxiety/sleep issues. Those D.A.R.E. guys got me good! :D

Hahaha. It's not legal in Kansas, but even if it does become so, I don't think I'll try it. I didn't in high school when other girls were smoking it in the locker room, so I don't think I would now. I'm pretty square and I'm perfectly fine with that. o:)

I have never smoked weed. I've had friends around me that have or do, but it's never appealed to me. I'm not against having it legalized here, but I do hate the smell and wouldn't want to be around it.

I did in college once. At the time I was pretty straight-laced (virgin 'til 21 as mentioned earlier in this thread and all that) and pretty terrified of drugs because of the alcohol (and to a lesser degree other drug) issues that run rampant in my family (sadly this did not deter me from drinking after a while), but I didn't want to make a thing of not smoking (well, it was a bong) when everyone else was, so I faked it and passed it on.

Only a few years later was the election of '92 and "I did not inhale," and I was mocked up and down for actually believing that it was probably true (I think Clinton claimed family alcoholism was even part of it).

I was probably wrong, but I'm still not sure. ;-)

Other related pot story (as you can see from the terminology, I'm old!)--a few years later I went to professional school in Ann Arbor, and one of the women in my dorm was convinced that this other friend of mine was responsible for the telltale smell that she was sure she had smelled, because the friend had "recently come back from a vacation in Jamaica." We had to break it to her that it was probably a LOT easier to buy or otherwise acquire pot in Ann Arbor (home of Hash Bash: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_Bash) than to smuggle it in from another country on an airplane.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Anyone see the thread titled: "Loosing the College Weight Without Missing out on the Fun"?

Gah. The grammar nazi in me had "Maybe concentrate more on the 'College' part instead of the 'Fun' part?" all typed up in the reply box...but I stopped myself.

I'm sure negative responses would have followed had you posted the response, but there are SO many people that use the wrong word maybe if it WAS pointed out every time people would finally start to learn?

I wish MFP had some kind of screening system and if you post something using that word wrong then your post just disappears. That's mean, I know.

I'll confess the loose/lose thing was part of what nudged me to use the Adipose av. If you're going to loose the fat, it only makes sense that it will scurry away on little legs.

I love this. I will now smile every time I see your avatar (as if I didn't already!).
  • Oberon21
    Options

I'm kind of square, too! I hung out with a lot of punks and skaters in high school, AND worked at a hookah bar, and still never managed to smoke pot.

I can't say I'd never try it if it was legalized in my state. The low side effect pain/anxiety/insomnia relief is very appealing.

I have smoked it a bit when I was younger. I haven't in years. I don't like the burning in my throat and I don't like to feel disconnected from reality. I feel the same way about pain killers. This was the only illegal substance I tried, I was always too chicken to try anything else. I don't like to be out of control and I didn't want to try anything that would/could lead to addiction!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I Confess That People Who Insist On Capitalizing Every Word Of Their Post Makes Me Want To Punch Them In The Throat

Y0u 5h0u1d b3 th4nkful the3y 4r3n't 4add1ng numb3r5

This is 100% how my mom using text messaging. It's maddening.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I had a Friend who would Capitalize every Word in a Sentence she thought was Important.

It made me so unbelievably stabby. She's an elementary teacher now, and I'm pretty sure she still does it.

I have friends that are teachers and I get irritated when their Facebook posts have horrible grammar and/or spelling errors.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    A coworker was talking to me today and said "drownding". I was unable to pay attention to anything she said after that.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    A coworker was talking to me today and said "drownding". I was unable to pay attention to anything she said after that.

EH?
  • Oberon21
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hey, are we on page 420 on 04/20???

Darn I missed it. By the time I got here we were well past it. :(
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

I get this way when people suggest the hottest new trend to me. Luckily the Star Wars universe is pretty expansive and I can think about it at anytime I get bored, especially mid conversation.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.

Good luck!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @mohousdon I was trying to go back to your original post but must have missed it in my rapid fire catch up reading. I Just wanted to say how sorry I am. My sister miscarried her second child, and we were all devastated. My mom lost multiple babies between her 1st and 2nd child (RH factor problem) but she ended up with 5 total and my sister eventually had a 2nd child. Joining the virtual hug crowd. Take care of yourself & your family!
  • teaflowermfp
    teaflowermfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself after every time i go number 2. don't know why. i guess it makes me feel lighter (:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself after every time i go number 2. don't know why. i guess it makes me feel lighter (:

I unfortunately ALWAYS get #2 after breakfast :(