Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm too vain. :::you're so vain... You probably think this song is about you:::
  • NewDay326
    NewDay326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's SO hard for me to stay focused on eating right, I just want to lose weight on the junk food diet.. le sigh to bad that will never be possible.. the struggle is everlasting.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    nikimommy2 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

Dec 31, 2011 was my last drink...and I don't miss it. AT ALL.

So inspiring!! I'm 29 and while I've had some great times with alcohol I've had some bad times and I made the decision to quit! January 11th 2015 is my date! This weekend will be 12 weeks!! I feel so much better than I ever have in my life and so far I'm not missing it at all! I just take it one day at a time!
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was at my goal for 2 years which was a 75lb loss (from doing WW online) . Then gained 30 in 6months stayed there for a few years. Now I am here starting weight up 55 lbs out of the 75lbs. Don't beat yourself up (I did for awhile). Remember you KNOW you can do this because you HAVE before. Believe it or not that is a leg up on most people facing this. Just have to decide to stop beating yourself up.
    I was 16 pounds away from goal and quit. I had lost 84 lbs. I gained back 46 lbs. Now I'm back at it but I'm so mad at myself and full of self loathing.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    <--- I've eaten a donut with a peep on it. this will prevent me from buying a box of peeps and eating them.

Glad I saw this so I can stop trying to figure out wtf that is in the picture.

Today's confession - last time I slept in, I lost a lb after I went back to bed. Decided to try it again today since the fluid is on a downswing this week, and I'm ticked I only slept away a half lb this time.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

I have been drinking a lot the last few years (maybe after 40?) to the point I started getting really worried. I attribute a lot of my weight gain the last 3 years to eating out every night and drinking (by myself, at a restaurant bar, with a book). It was my 'down' time and gave me a mental break. Work was stressful, going home (even though I live alone) always made me fee like I needed to do something...clean, homework, etc. Then I got sick of how fat I had gotten, and how I had lost all this weight 3 years ago, gained most of it back, and was bursting out of my clothes again (had donated all my 'fat' clothes when I lost the weight last time). Lost 20 lbs then stalled and quit eating out almost entirely and almost stopped drinking again. I feel better, etc, but the last 4 nights out of 5 between going out with friends and traveling, I had wine and ate out again. Starting 4/1 back on the right foot.

Its hard to stop, and I am still working on it, but and when I don't drink I feel so much better. My family is 90% alcoholics (100% Irish) and I don't want to join that club. Until the last few years I wasn't much of a drinker. Now I am. And it needs to stop.

One other thing that scared me too, was the restaurant where I was going for food (really 2) it had become like I was a 'regular', there was a group of us that were there all the time, they knew what I ate/drank, and it felt like Cheers. It as 'family' on one hand, but one day I got frightened...is THIS what I want my life to be like? My 'friends' people I only see at a bar? And that kind of scared the crap out of me. I was starting to prefer going there than seeing my real friends and spending time with them, because this was just so much less stressful and zero expectations. You never let down a bartender, or have nuances with the folks at the bar you say 'hi' to every night. And one day it was like looking in a mirror, and I got scared. So I stopped going. Just stopped. Sometimes I wonder if they think I got hit by a car or something, I just disappeared.

Whew. Okay that was my confession. :)

Good stuff!

I remember when my wife & I were regulars at our local "Drinking Establishment" in our early 30s, and there was a group of older folks (OK, barflies) that were ALWAYS seated at the end of the bar. (We decided to not have kids, so partying was a big part of our lives.)

Every time we went in there, whether it was 5:00 Tuesday, noon on Friday, 11:30 Saturday morning, 12:00 am Sunday night....they were there. I said to my wife "That's NOT going to be us, OK?" ... and ten years later, we were well on our way to joining them.

Like you, we both come from alcoholic households, and were are pretty much the only 2 sober ones now. (My wife still has a glass of wine occasionally, but I'm done.) When we go to family gatherings it's like a barbarian war party & we pretty much can't wait to get out of there!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I was 16 pounds away from goal and quit. I had lost 84 lbs. I gained back 46 lbs. Now I'm back at it but I'm so mad at myself and full of self loathing.

First step to success is to get rid of all the negative thoughts! Easier said than done, but stop yourself from being angry and hating yourself every time those thoughts pop into your mind. They do no benefit to you and will hold you back.

Instead, try adopting the, "I've done this before, I'll do it again!" attitude. Keep saying it until you believe it. Good luck!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    NewDay326 wrote: »
    It's SO hard for me to stay focused on eating right, I just want to lose weight on the junk food diet.. le sigh to bad that will never be possible.. the struggle is everlasting.

Have you heard about @tincanonastring and his Master Peep Cleanse (TM): Everything you wanted to know about losing weight 1 sugar coated rabbit at a time.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

First step to success is to get rid of all the negative thoughts! Easier said than done, but stop yourself from being angry and hating yourself every time those thoughts pop into your mind. They do no benefit to you and will hold you back.

Instead, try adopting the, "I've done this before, I'll do it again!" attitude. Keep saying it until you believe it. Good luck!

You're pretty rad.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I REALLY want to throw my stapler at the man sitting at the desk in front of me, but my boss won't let me because apparently we need him :neutral: He is the most rude, vile person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. For example, he thinks it is hilarious to burp the word BOLLOCKS or that in his opinion it is perfectly acceptable to interrupt a woman because he will probably be right anyway. :angry:

Um. how old is this man/child? I have ZERO tolerance for people who do not use manners. Sorry you are dealing with that!

He is 50, (but don't tell his partners family, they think he is 40...) with the intellect of a 3 year old. Which ironically is the age of his daughter. I feel more sorry for her.

Oh, I REALLY hope she has other people in her life with some manners, class, and maturity so that she can learn.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    drinking......

Congrats. That's harder than some people realize

Yes, yes it is. It's surprising how many things involve alcohol. You don't really see it until you stop drinking. That's been my personal experience anyway. I stopped completely for about 2 years simply due to some health reasons and those were some interesting times! I was always the designated driver, which I didn't mind because I felt safe that way, but being around drunk people is REALLY annoying when you are sober. (that sounds judgy and I don't mean it to be)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    drinking......

So inspiring!! I'm 29 and while I've had some great times with alcohol I've had some bad times and I made the decision to quit! January 11th 2015 is my date! This weekend will be 12 weeks!! I feel so much better than I ever have in my life and so far I'm not missing it at all! I just take it one day at a time!

Good for you! (cue round of applause)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

You're pretty rad.

Well, thank you. And I'm also glad you explained what your new avatar was because I was quite confused, although I KNEW it had to involve a peep!
  • NewDay326
    NewDay326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    NewDay326 wrote: »

Have you heard about @tincanonastring and his Master Peep Cleanse (TM): Everything you wanted to know about losing weight 1 sugar coated rabbit at a time.

Lol see the ONE sugar diet and I can't stand peeps!! and so the search/struggle continues.
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I
    drinking......

I have been drinking a lot the last few years (maybe after 40?) to the point I started getting really worried. I attribute a lot of my weight gain the last 3 years to eating out every night and drinking (by myself, at a restaurant bar, with a book). It was my 'down' time and gave me a mental break. Work was stressful, going home (even though I live alone) always made me fee like I needed to do something...clean, homework, etc. Then I got sick of how fat I had gotten, and how I had lost all this weight 3 years ago, gained most of it back, and was bursting out of my clothes again (had donated all my 'fat' clothes when I lost the weight last time). Lost 20 lbs then stalled and quit eating out almost entirely and almost stopped drinking again. I feel better, etc, but the last 4 nights out of 5 between going out with friends and traveling, I had wine and ate out again. Starting 4/1 back on the right foot.

Its hard to stop, and I am still working on it, but and when I don't drink I feel so much better. My family is 90% alcoholics (100% Irish) and I don't want to join that club. Until the last few years I wasn't much of a drinker. Now I am. And it needs to stop.

One other thing that scared me too, was the restaurant where I was going for food (really 2) it had become like I was a 'regular', there was a group of us that were there all the time, they knew what I ate/drank, and it felt like Cheers. It as 'family' on one hand, but one day I got frightened...is THIS what I want my life to be like? My 'friends' people I only see at a bar? And that kind of scared the crap out of me. I was starting to prefer going there than seeing my real friends and spending time with them, because this was just so much less stressful and zero expectations. You never let down a bartender, or have nuances with the folks at the bar you say 'hi' to every night. And one day it was like looking in a mirror, and I got scared. So I stopped going. Just stopped. Sometimes I wonder if they think I got hit by a car or something, I just disappeared.

Good stuff!

I remember when my wife & I were regulars at our local "Drinking Establishment" in our early 30s, and there was a group of older folks (OK, barflies) that were ALWAYS seated at the end of the bar. (We decided to not have kids, so partying was a big part of our lives.)

Every time we went in there, whether it was 5:00 Tuesday, noon on Friday, 11:30 Saturday morning, 12:00 am Sunday night....they were there. I said to my wife "That's NOT going to be us, OK?" ... and ten years later, we were well on our way to joining them.

Like you, we both come from alcoholic households, and were are pretty much the only 2 sober ones now. (My wife still has a glass of wine occasionally, but I'm done.) When we go to family gatherings it's like a barbarian war party & we pretty much can't wait to get out of there!

I, too, come from an alcoholic household. I got really bad. And it has gotten to a point when I can't control it. One shot will turn to two to five and before I realize it more than half the bottle is gone.
    I haven't had a drop since March 12th, and I can truly say that I haven't had an urge to drink either.
    I would drink when I was happy, when I was sad, when I was angry, when I was depressed. Every emotion was a reason to drink.

I can't tell you how much better I feel both physically and emotionally. And I'm hoping to continue this cleaner way of living.

Taking it one day at a time. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I
    drinking......

Good stuff!

I, too, come from an alcoholic household. I got really bad. And it has gotten to a point when I can't control it. One shot will turn to two to five and before I realize it more than half the bottle is gone.
    I haven't had a drop since March 12th, and I can truly say that I haven't had an urge to drink either.
    I would drink when I was happy, when I was sad, when I was angry, when I was depressed. Every emotion was a reason to drink.

I can't tell you how much better I feel both physically and emotionally. And I'm hoping to continue this cleaner way of living.

Sounds like we were drinking twins, I too used alcohol for all my emotions and once I started I rarely ever cut myself off, it wasn't good! Definitely happier now that I quit, trying to get my family to quit as well!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Oh, here's another one. I was at the gym yesterday and hopped on a treadmill next to some ladies who were together. I was already going when I realized they were loudly talking about a multilevel marketing (pyramid) scheme I really despise. I was so enraged that even with my music up loud, I could still hear them talking about how their product can cure insomnia, diabetes, and asthma all at once. As I was running I just kept mouthing "shut up" over and over again. At least all that anger did give me a nice work out!

DoTerra? I can't stand hearing about that 'magic'. Urgh.

Yeah, or a similar company. I have a friend whose son had a severe allergic reaction to oils, so I feel pretty prickly towards people with no medical knowledge suggesting that they can cure cancer with oils. If it works for you, great, but go away.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    trish56832 wrote: »
    I confess I only live in Illinois because I was born and raised here and feel obligated to stay close to my mom and dad to care for them as they age but have every intention of moving as soon as possible!!

I often exercise extra so I can eat more chocolate or ice cream

I have 4 laid back awesome boys and am grateful I never feel pressured to buy them name brand Uggs or NorthFace jackets or pay for things just to "keep up with the Jones" like my sister is with her teen daughter .... I do however have every intention of spoiling a granddaughter rotten should I ever have one!

I think I could be the dog lady and have meaningful relationships with
    My 4legged friends and not miss human companionship all that much!

This was me, too. I was very grateful for my boys! Not to say having girls is bad, but they do seem to be more expensive.

Completely agree with your last sentence as well.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I
    drinking......

Good stuff!

Seem to be a lot of us here. My parents appeared functional to the casual observer. All their friends were their drinking friends. I spent every weekend with grandparents or aunts so they could go out. We'd leave early on Thanksgiving or Easter so they could meet their friends at the bar after. I was an expert at pinball and shuffleboard tables by the time I was 10, because it was legal to have kids in the bar, as long as they didn't sit at the bar. As it happened, the friends I gravitated to in school came from similar households, so it wasn't until I was much older that I realized that wasn't normal. When I tell people now that I grew up in bars, they look at me like I have 3 heads.

My downfall is pain management. I went a long time with no insurance, and when I couldn't afford the appointment to get pain meds, I'd use vodka. The original pain would ease off after a few days or a week, but I don't give a damn what I eat when I drink, even if it's something that makes me sick. Then I'd keep drinking for that "pain" while still eating the stuff that makes me sick. Eventually I'd get sick enough that I'd say time to stop, but next time my back hurt too much to walk, time to buy another bottle.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm preparing to cut some of the folks who haven't logged in/never post/disappear and reappear at random off my friends list to trim it down...and I'm giddy about it. I'm a special kind of jerk sometimes.

I message inactive pals on 2 days, I cut them after 4 days of inactivity. DO EET, it's liberating.

Ruthless! I give em at least 2 weeks. Unless they are people I know personally who stopped logging for certain reasons.

Confession: it's more liberating for me to clear out my Facebook friends list than MFP.

I like to give them at least a week, unless it's a pattern of missing 4 days, logging for 3, missing two, logging for 5, missing 5, etc.

I give the IRL people a pass. Though @ladybuggnorris and her "MFP glitched, I swear!" plan is still tempting. Ha!

You would all cut me. I log every single day in a paper diary, it's just I only get on to MFP a few times a week, so I log several days at once on here. I never miss a day, I'm just a late logger. But it doesn't matter, as I confess I've never understood the friend aspect of MFP and have no idea what it is for and what difference it makes. I'm a crap online person.

Same here. I'm a terrible friend here, which is the only reason I haven't requested friends, particularly from this thread. I've "met" so many cool people here! But, I don't use MFP the way most do, so I've accepted friend requests, but I don't log food or make posts on people's walls.