Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hey, are we on page 420 on 04/20???

...and at precisely 4:20pm, something amazing *must* happen...

...even if that means that we'll all need to consume 420 calories of at least one of our favorite foods at that specific moment in time...!

...and even if *that* means that people need to consume partial Peeps, candy bar fragments, cake crumbs, broken M&Ms, unscraped 'wisps' of Talenti (as it futilely 'clings' to the walls of its clear plastic 'viewing rotunda' ;) ), leftover pizza 'debris', or just over 2 molecules of peanut butter (sorry! ;) )...

...stake out your 420-calorie 'claims', people! :)

Not shooting down your idea, but I believe I will go to the opposite spectrum on this one: at 4:20 PM here today I'll be at the gym, so I will try to counter your ingested calories by burning 420 calories. Deal?

*high five*

Challenge Accepted! 7 minute warmup & 33 minute Spartacus Total Body Blitz is 421 calories...so I'll stop 20 seconds early

Well, honestly, it would take me a really long time to burn 420 cals., but I've recently started doing the Stair Master / stepmill thing with the actual moving stair case and that thing just about kills me! I do 30 min. at level 7 - 9 and am a dripping, sweaty mess by the time I'm done. Probably not 420 cals. worth, but it sure feels like it to me.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I lived with a BF who was anorexic-binge subtype. I had issues with binge eating myself. He used to berate me until I ate the same volume of food he did, and once that happened he'd up portion. A while ago I calculated my caloric consumption on a bad day during this time period. There were days of 8000+ calories. No wonder I got so fat so fast. I never did lose it all either.
    My ex, he just stopped eating again, and last I saw was back down to his ultra low weight.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Wow, I'm finally caught up.!

Confession: I am too tired and too lazy to work out today.

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.

Or what about when there is pressure and the tiniest opening makes it SPLURT out uncontrollably? Generally on whatever I'm wearing or the most difficult corner of the kitchen to clean.

I am pretty much incapable of opening those 107 ml fruit cups without spilling the liquid they're packed in. I am surprised they send those things to schools in kids' lunches, must make a helluva mess. Unless the average fourth grader has much better fruit cup skillz than I.

LOL! I usually do that with the Campbell's Soup bowls & taking the aluminum lid off. I either squirt the soup on myself or a co-worker (oops!). The worst & funniest was the time I forgot I had an Aquafina water that was carbonated & opened the bottle only to have it spew out like a volcano all over an elderly co-worker.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.

Yay!! How exciting! Good luck!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the thread titled: "Loosing the College Weight Without Missing out on the Fun"?

Gah. The grammar nazi in me had "Maybe concentrate more on the 'College' part instead of the 'Fun' part?" all typed up in the reply box...but I stopped myself.

I'm sure negative responses would have followed had you posted the response, but there are SO many people that use the wrong word maybe if it WAS pointed out every time people would finally start to learn?

I wish MFP had some kind of screening system and if you post something using that word wrong then your post just disappears. That's mean, I know.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey, are we on page 420 on 04/20???

...and at precisely 4:20pm, something amazing *must* happen...

...even if that means that we'll all need to consume 420 calories of at least one of our favorite foods at that specific moment in time...!

...and even if *that* means that people need to consume partial Peeps, candy bar fragments, cake crumbs, broken M&Ms, unscraped 'wisps' of Talenti (as it futilely 'clings' to the walls of its clear plastic 'viewing rotunda' ;) ), leftover pizza 'debris', or just over 2 molecules of peanut butter (sorry! ;) )...

...stake out your 420-calorie 'claims', people! :)

Not shooting down your idea, but I believe I will go to the opposite spectrum on this one: at 4:20 PM here today I'll be at the gym, so I will try to counter your ingested calories by burning 420 calories. Deal?

Absolutely! That'll accomplish a form of balancing-a-teeter-totter -like bit of allowing for someone else to 'go over' their 420-calorie allotment... ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Ben and jerrys and cold stone creameries don't have a lactose free version of ice cream in my area.
    So here I am left eating ice cream in Secret. Like some kind of ice cream out law lol. Milk always made me sickly as a kid so I just stopped drinking it. But it's odd, I can eat all the cheese and yogurt in the world. No problems.

Lactaid & So Delicious have dairy free desserts (can't say if they're any good since I haven't tried them).
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

My children's school is the same. I'm used to it now.

my kids school does this too. sort of. The meal must be "balanced" so you cant send a bag of chips and a can of pop and call it lunch. You can send a snack sized bag of chips along with a sandwich and an apple.

If the lunch you packed is not a "balanced" lunch, they will give your child a sack lunch from the kitchen, which is a cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread, a fruit, a carton of milk, and a oatmeal cookie.

Then you get a nasty note about the inadequate lunch you packed. So that is how they enforce it. I know this because I asked the school at length about it.

My son has a sensory disorder, so basically his lunches are the same thing, everyday, with no variation. I was worried I would get nasty notes about it, but they assured me that was not the case! Thank goodness.

Thank you all who have explained this lunch policy. It makes me wonder what would've happened if that was enforced in my elementary school because from 1st - 3rd grade I suffered extreme anxiety which led to stomach issues and the only thing I could keep down for lunch for three years was a single chocolate pudding. That was it. In 4th & 5th grade I managed 1 plain tuna sandwich. (and I'm still lagging behind on this thread; been super busy at work)

This reminded me of many years ago--my son was in first grade and he was getting sick every day at lunch. They thought he was just really nervous, so after a few days of this, they let him eat in the nurse's office. We finally figured out that there was a kid who sat across from him and he would chew up his apple and then spit it out (because he didn't like the skin). This apparently grossed my son out so he would throw up.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Options

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.

Or what about when there is pressure and the tiniest opening makes it SPLURT out uncontrollably? Generally on whatever I'm wearing or the most difficult corner of the kitchen to clean.

I am pretty much incapable of opening those 107 ml fruit cups without spilling the liquid they're packed in. I am surprised they send those things to schools in kids' lunches, must make a helluva mess. Unless the average fourth grader has much better fruit cup skillz than I.

I have to pull just a small piece of the plastic back and drink half the juice and even then, I still sometimes spill it all over the desk or table. I always hated juice boxes and Capri Sun for that very same reason. You poke the stupid little straw in the hole and if you apply ANY sort of pressure, your drink would overflow like a freakin' volcano erupting.

Either that, or the straw bent in just-the-right-wrong-way, such that a 'tear' would occur in the plastic, and any attempt to use the darn thing after that resulted in one 'sucking air'...

(I ended up holding my fingers around those straws so firmly, and while positioning them 'just so', that I ended up feeling as though I were about to embark on the 'approach' of one of the strangest 'pole vault' attempts ever seen... ;) )
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142169/banning-women-from-running-marathons/p1

Ohhhh boy. There are so many directions this thread is going...
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I have to pull just a small piece of the plastic back and drink half the juice and even then, I still sometimes spill it all over the desk or table. I always hated juice boxes and Capri Sun for that very same reason. You poke the stupid little straw in the hole and if you apply ANY sort of pressure, your drink would overflow like a freakin' volcano erupting.
    Yep - the slurp move it the only way to not end up wearing the juice!
    When my kids were little we had small plastic boxes with handles that the juice box sat in so you didn't have to constantly shriek "DON'T SQUEEZE!!"

I don't permit my kids to drink juice and this may very well be the reason why. They have water bottles for school, but I don't want them drinking their calories any more than I want to drink mine. Also, my 2yo is allergic to anything citrus, including citric acid, so finding juice without that is very difficult. I think pure apple juice is about it. We are a juice-free house (except fermented grape juice :wink: )
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington, and even though it's legal now, I still feel weird about smoking weed. (or eating it). I haven't done it yet, although I think it could really help my anxiety/sleep issues. Those D.A.R.E. guys got me good! :D

Hahaha. It's not legal in Kansas, but even if it does become so, I don't think I'll try it. I didn't in high school when other girls were smoking it in the locker room, so I don't think I would now. I'm pretty square and I'm perfectly fine with that. o:)

I have never smoked weed. I've had friends around me that have or do, but it's never appealed to me. I'm not against having it legalized here, but I do hate the smell and wouldn't want to be around it.

I hate the smell too, and I hate not having full control over my body. That's the main reason I don't enjoy drinking to the point of getting drunk. I'm sort of a control freak.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

Oh, no! Hugs to you, MoNana and the whole fam!!!

@quiksylver296 thank you for the virtual hugs. They're appreciated and needed. It's so crazy how someone you haven't even met yet and have only know about for a very short amount of time, can affect you so deeply. I want to hug my step-daughter and tell her how sorry I am. She's such a sweet, sweet girl. I hope things work out in the baby department for her later. Hopefully, much, much later.

Things will work out later. I've had 2 miscarrages and they're devestating. Especially if it's a baby you've been trying really hard for. However, I now have a healthy 4.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old. I just tell myself everything happen for a reason and you work through it one day at a time.

I believe so too.

• ladybuggnorris
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    JordanAron wrote: »
    I often feel sick when I look at small holes or clustered objects. English Tea Muffins terrified me as a child and I still don't like to eat aerated chocolate.

Me too. Trypophobia. Don't look it up if you don't like holes. :) gives me the willies.

Apparently that's a phobia of mine. I knew things like that bothered me, but I didn't know there was a name. My fear isn't as severe, food like that doesn't bother me, but I looked at some of the pictures and now I feel nauseous and it made my skin crawl.

I do not have a phobia of holes. If I ate bread, English muffins would be fine, and Aero bars are great. However, those pictures are nasty!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the thread titled: "Loosing the College Weight Without Missing out on the Fun"?

Gah. The grammar nazi in me had "Maybe concentrate more on the 'College' part instead of the 'Fun' part?" all typed up in the reply box...but I stopped myself.

I'm sure negative responses would have followed had you posted the response, but there are SO many people that use the wrong word maybe if it WAS pointed out every time people would finally start to learn?

I wish MFP had some kind of screening system and if you post something using that word wrong then your post just disappears. That's mean, I know.
    Hyperbole and a half again... She's covered 'alot'. Wish she'd done loose/lose too. I always like to think that what people mean is that they're opening the windows and saying to their excess pounds "Fly!! Be free!" Either that or something darker and Shakespearean-sounding about loosing the pounds of war.
    xxl1e7rwtap5.jpg

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Mysticlizard I love you avatar!!!

Thank you!
  • jlnoble513
    jlnoble513 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd that makes perfect sense!!! That sounds like exactly what's happening! now let's see if I can get my boyfriend to believe it. I will definitely look into these recommendation you and kellyjellybellyjelly have mentioned.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I'm currently laughing at my coworker who is dying laughing at those Autocorrect fails, like she's crying laughing and repeating my tummy hurts make it stop.

Your co-worker is like me then. I end up completely hysterical. You know where your face is bright red, you're not making any noises anymore and you're clapping like a seal, whilst boneless and trying not to slide out of your chair. I have to get up and leave my computer because I am seriously worried I will not be able to stop laughing. I don't even know why they strike me as that funny either!

While I could have never come up with such a descriptive response, yes, I am the same way. For some reason those autocorrect things just kill me every time.
    Me too. I don't even care if they're fake. They just make me laugh. Same with the people who hang 'shame' cards around their dogs necks and take pictures of them. No idea what they're called.

Ditto for me, as well... and something I find particularly entertaining about them is seeing my Mom laugh so hard... it's a treat to see her laugh in the way that seems 'reserved' for 'all things autocorrect'... ;)
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    I live in Washington, and even though it's legal now, I still feel weird about smoking weed. (or eating it). I haven't done it yet, although I think it could really help my anxiety/sleep issues. Those D.A.R.E. guys got me good! :D

Hahaha. It's not legal in Kansas, but even if it does become so, I don't think I'll try it. I didn't in high school when other girls were smoking it in the locker room, so I don't think I would now. I'm pretty square and I'm perfectly fine with that. o:)

I have never smoked weed. I've had friends around me that have or do, but it's never appealed to me. I'm not against having it legalized here, but I do hate the smell and wouldn't want to be around it.

I hate the smell too, and I hate not having full control over my body. That's the main reason I don't enjoy drinking to the point of getting drunk. I'm sort of a control freak.

I confess that I have never tried illegal drugs of any kind. If weed was legalized here, I would still not try it. I figure if I made it through my teen/young adult years without trying it, there is no point now. I also do not drink to the point of being drunk, but do enjoy the occasional glass of wine/beer.

I was raised in a strict no-alcohol environment (I am a PK), and I am proud that I have a healthy relationship with alcohol.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I'll confess the loose/lose thing was part of what nudged me to use the Adipose av. If you're going to loose the fat, it only makes sense that it will scurry away on little legs.