Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to start a thread to see if anyone noticed an improvement in weight loss following an iron infusion but after the Cheerios thread....I'm afraid. I'm also afraid that people will tell me my forever-plateau is because my diary is closed/I'm not weighing everything/im over estimating my burn calories, when in reality, I weigh everything that isn't a single serve packet (down to the last gram), I eat based on TDEE and just let the exercise calories tally up because it makes me feel all powerful to know I have 500-600 calories before I go into the red.

Instead I'm going to eat my two squares (18g) of Whittakers Ghana Peppermint chocolate. Dairy free deliciousness ftw!
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I budgeted to get new clothes for work/summer now that I paid off my car (yay!) but I blew the entire budget on work out clothes and stuff for my house... oops! :smile:
  • cstorey1976
    cstorey1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have become addicted to buying shirts. Now that I can fit into shirts from any store I can't stop shopping. I have only been able to shop at plus size stores for years and now that I don't have to I'm like a crazy women. I'm not buying crazy expensive shirts because I know they will be too big soon but I am buying ALOT of them. It's is fun!!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

I'm not a praying person, but I didn't want this to go by unacknowledged. I know words can't really express what I mean, but hoping for the best.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I felt total bada$$ at the gym last night. Not because of the amount of weight I lifted, either. When I got to the gym, there was a guy benching in the squat rack (which is fine, because there is no bench rack at my gym). I like to start with squats, but whatever, I started with my deadlift - 195 pounds, BTW! Guy was still in the squat rack, so I moved onto OHP from the floor. So, I had to clean the bar before I could OHP (which I kinda liked and may do from now on). Guy is still in the squat rack. So I went and did some extra biceps curls and tricep extensions. Guy is still in the squat rack. We're talking 30 minutes or so he's been in there, doing really slow bench with really long breaks between sets. At one of his breaks, I finally ask him "You gonna be much longer?" He says, "I'm done," and walks out of the gym. He didn't just leave the squat rack, he left the whole gym! He left the weights on the bar and everything. I didn't know I was that scary! LOL

I have another gym confession from last night, but I'm gonna post it later so this doesn't become TL:DR

I've seen this several times and have no idea what it means.

TD:LR = Too long, didn't read.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    UGH! I'll never understand why people get all butthurt because they ask questions but don't get the answers they want.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Last night at the gym, I put on 'Eye of the tiger' and pretended I was Rocky working out for a big tournament
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kayfaei wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    That just made me LOL. the one place she will never look :) And I have to ask - is peanut butter wrong to eat while trying to lose weight? I'm just asking cause I've seen so many people mention it.

I am very weird.. I actually do NOT like peanut butter unless its a Reese's peanut butter cup -.- I have honestly tried crunchy, creamy peanut butter, tried it with bananas and honey,etc etc i just don't like it. However.. when I have a sweet craving I eat Two tablespoons of Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread.. The best 190 cal's ever.

But should I stay away from peanut butter?

I am way behind on this thread right now, (took 4 days off and been reading all day and still 10 pages back) but you should try Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful, it is fewer calories than most peanut butters and so yummy! And it is not bad to eat Peanut butter it is just that you get so little for so many calories is why people have trouble with it.

That one is so good!

A few other favorites Lotus Cookie Spread in creamy & crunchy (I think the crunchy is 170 calories & the creamy is 180), MaraNatha Raw Maple Butter flavored with Molasses (180 calories), & MaraNatha Almond Butter Caramel (190 calories).

Skippy is releasing a salted caramel spread that is limited edition, but I haven't found it yet.

I love peanut butter. And as much as I adore PB & Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful, their Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is where it's at.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    And yeah, I'm not the best at condolences either, but I am offering virtual support and prayers for everyone who is experiencing such sadness and loss.

Confession: my husband's best friend's father just died and I have no idea what to say to him. My husband lost his own father when he was 10 and his friend's father had been a great source of support for him throughout his life.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    Last night at the gym, I put on 'Eye of the tiger' and pretended I was Rocky working out for a big tournament

I do this too!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    This is what my day ended up looking like yesterday. I am not in a good place. I know I need some control, but I can't seem to find it!

Capture_zpsuueuc2nw.png
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is what my day ended up looking like yesterday. I am not in a good place. I know I need some control, but I can't seem to find it!

Capture_zpsuueuc2nw.png

I once logged a day that was so bad, MFP told me "if every day were like today...You'd weigh 240 lbs in 5 weeks". Ouch.

I'm sorry you're not in a good place, but fact: you will find your control again because you're awesome. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Somehow I managed to hit 3300 calories yesterday... but at least I got 99 g of protein out of all that.

("Somehow"... yeah, right. I'm sure the six M&M cookies had a lot to do with that.)

And then I couldn't sleep because I was really pissed off at my SO for doing something a$$holeish... not only did I let it get to me, I couldn't mentally let it go. I'm my own worst enemy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I was on a ladder yesterday, trying to peer into a scuttle hole in someone's stuffed closet. My husband was on the floor, bracing the ladder as leaned over a shelf and a rod of clothing.

As I was coming down, HE BIT MY *kitten*! He said he couldn't resist.

As his boss, I had to give him a stern reprimand and lecture on ladder safety and another one on sexual harassment in the workplace. As his wife, I giggled.

I love this!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    72 day streak and I feel like I've accomplished nothing.

Consistency is an accomplishment in itself :smile:

Heard the interview went well. Yay!

The interview was great, no awkward pauses, lots of eye contact and smiles from everyone.

The last time I interviewed, one of the interviewers couldn't make it up from St Louis, he was on a speaker phone, had us on mute so we weren't getting his attention or his questions, and it really left a sour taste in my mouth for the experience, especially since they had hired someone from inside the company and she was terrible, I had to work with her for a short time before my company sold one of our local facilities.

When they started the interview they said "Don't get nervous, we'll be writing stuff down as we talk." I responded as long as you don't get nervous that I'm writing stuff down too, and we all chuckled.

Fingers crossed for you. ;)
  • marissafit06
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tonight I learned that I probably have to put my gelding down soon. Really soon. I am sorry but this is the saddest news of my life. I love that horse body and soul. I may go awol.

I'm sorry to hear that.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    I worked out so hard, ate healthy, lost the weight I wanted and hit my goal, removed bad habits, started a new great job, I guess you can tell that got my life together... then I fell inlove... with the wrong person. It almost destroyed me... gained the weight back, stopped working out, brought back some of my old bad habits back and added some new few things (BED)... I was SO MISERABLE... it took only few months to un-do all the amazing stuff I had accomplished.... Anyways, now I'm trying to get back where I was (mentaly and physical) and this last month I lost 3 kgs, workout more and I feel a lot better. So my confession is a little bit corny, please don't judge me... I know it was a mistake to let someone to do that to me, but it just happened, and at times I didn't even realized how toxic this person was for me and how selfish he is. My recovery from this story started only when I forgave him and moved on.... Sorry if this post is all over the place, but I just got emotional and this is the first time I'm admitting that, even if it's on a forum..

This is the right place! Glad you are taking something negative and using it to make a healthy change.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    I want to start a thread to see if anyone noticed an improvement in weight loss following an iron infusion but after the Cheerios thread....I'm afraid. I'm also afraid that people will tell me my forever-plateau is because my diary is closed/I'm not weighing everything/im over estimating my burn calories, when in reality, I weigh everything that isn't a single serve packet (down to the last gram), I eat based on TDEE and just let the exercise calories tally up because it makes me feel all powerful to know I have 500-600 calories before I go into the red.

Instead I'm going to eat my two squares (18g) of Whittakers Ghana Peppermint chocolate. Dairy free deliciousness ftw!

Is Cheerios chick back?!?!?!?!?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    And yeah, I'm not the best at condolences either, but I am offering virtual support and prayers for everyone who is experiencing such sadness and loss.

Confession: my husband's best friend's father just died and I have no idea what to say to him. My husband lost his own father when he was 10 and his friend's father had been a great source of support for him throughout his life.

Just being a shoulder is sometimes all you can do, I think. I had a friend who told me that I was the best support he had when he lost his close family member. I felt like I didn't really do anything.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just broken my second toilet seat. I really need to speed up this weight loss. OR the toilet seat people need to get there s**t together. I know its the former, but I'm going to pretend it's the latter for the moment...