Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Slow/stupid/old people at the self checkout stations at the grocery store.

If it takes you 10 MINUTES to finish your purchase because you can't figure the #$%@ thing out, don't use it.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    Someone (my middle child) that eats down to the last little bit and crumbs of something, then puts the bag back in the cabinet. I have found many a cereal box like this. He could have just poured the last half cup or so in his bowl. The most recent one was when I had a craving for some kettle corn that we got at first Monday, remembered that I had hid the bag (or so I thought) and there was about half a cup of pieces of popcorn in that bag. I got so mad!

Monday morning I found an empty box of breakfast sandwiches in the freezer. :( I was so happy for like 3 seconds.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Hearing people eat anything noisily.
    Bad table manners.
    Awful commercials - and my god do we have an abundance.
    Children's stupidity. Yes, I have children. I know they aren't stupid beings (they're almost 11), yet they challenge this with constant acts of stupidity and negligence. (leaving a brand new jug of milk out all day, leaving chips or cereal open to go stale, dropping their bags/coats on the floor right where they walk in) Sigh...
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Zx14chick wrote: »
    People who don't use turn signals
    People who are noisy eaters or chew gum with their mouth open
    People who park in handicap spaces with no handicap sticker
    People who can't spell or use punctuation correctly.

I guess just basically people in general.

Hahhahhaaaaaaaa! Yes to all of these and yeah, I think I just get irrationally angry with people in general as well.

I will also add:

* self-entitlement
    * being inconsiderate to/of others
    * ditto on the misuse roundabouts
    * sound of people dragging their feet, UGH
    * people who don't know how to use the self-checkout - get out of the way for those who do! Better yet, give them their own designated line so those of us who know how can carry on!

I sound like a really hateful hag, don't I!? After reading the above, you might be surprised to know that I am very friendly and have lots of friends!

OMG at the self-checkouts! Don't you just want to grab the stuff out of their hands and do it for them? It is not that hard, people! Sheesh!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    People at fast food places where they have to wait for their name or number to be called, but they always miss it because they're too busy looking at their smart phone. Then five minutes later, they get angry at the staff because their number hasn't been called. Yes it has, dumbass!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    1. People who chew with their mouths open or talk while they are eating. Those wet, horrible sounds... and I don't want to see any of that.

2. People who walk extremely slow in front of me and I'm unable to get past them. It's worse if they're walking side by side with their buddies and I'm just stuck walking -100 miles per hour.

3. I hated Jerry the Mouse (from Tom and Jerry) and the Roadrunner when I was little. I wanted Tom to catch that horrible mouse... and that stupid bird irritated me to no end. I wanted HIM to fall under the trap for once.

4. When people stand still on the left side of the escalator. The designated area for people who want to stand is on the RIGHT. Everyone else walks up the left, and those who stand on the left have actually made me late for class before. Lots of angry students!!!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    People that you let over in front of you in traffic and they don't have the common courtesy to give a thank you wave! Makes me want to road rage. When my 16 year old son smacks his lips and swallows his food whole, he can literally eat 10 taco's in about 5 minutes, gets on my last damn nerve! When someone farts in the car and don't tell you until it's too late "whoops, it just slipped out, how the hell does a fart just slip out? you could also give a common courtesy roll the window down to let me know it's coming!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    People that race into an elevator instead of looking to see if anyone is coming out of it first. I mean, are they thinking that NO ONE could possibly be coming off this elevator right now, and it's here just to pick me up? Are people that self-centered? lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited April 2015
    Wal-Mart...
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Liars. Moreso men who lie about their marital status.
  • FluffySandwich
    People that race into an elevator instead of looking to see if anyone is coming out of it first. I mean, are they thinking that NO ONE could possibly be coming off this elevator right now, and it's here just to pick me up? Are people that self-centered? lol
    SAME with the metro/subway!! Some people really want to be the first one in there. In the case of the metro it's to get a seat, but you don't have to freaking shove your way through people already standing there. I've seen my fair share of women (props to men, I don't think I've ever seen them doing it) barrel right through elderly people with canes or people on crutches. Horrifies and angers me. Boohoo, you have to stand for five minutes.
  • es513
    es513 Posts: 51 Member
    Mommy wars/boasting on Facebook or Instagram. Yes, we all know you dress your 4 year old like they're 15 in outfits you think are cute just to post on social media. We also don't need to know how amazing and better you think your child is.

All kids are blessings. They are all equally great.
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member

4. When people stand still on the left side of the escalator. The designated area for people who want to stand is on the RIGHT. Everyone else walks up the left, and those who stand on the left have actually made me late for class before. Lots of angry students!!!
    [/quote]

This is exactly what I was about to say!!! People who don't understand escalator etiquette drive me insane.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    I would agree with the person that said "People", but I actually like a lot of people. So I will try to narrow it a bit.

Selfish, entitled, egocentric, self centered, narcissistic individuals that don't realize there are other people around them that suffer due to their apparent disregard for anyone other than themselves or their f'ing phone!

Also people that say "From the Get Go", what the hell does that even mean????
    Finally, people that abbreviate in conversation, the 80's with the Valley Girl talk was my nightmare.

Wow, I feel a lot better. I agree with everyone else, except the chewing loud, doesn't really bother me much. Hmmm maybe I do it and just don't know?
  • FluffySandwich
    I get that some people don't live in cities and don't go around escalators often, but take a hint when you're the ONLY person standing on the left side (not to mention the line that gathers on the right) :P

Also, people who don't put on their turn signals (or DO but don't turn) drive me insane. One time I was walking across the street because someone had on their turn signal... nope, drove straight and scared me to death. Not to mention the people who run red lights/drive right by stop signs... almost hitting me in the process! :anguished:
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    I also get irrationally angry when people spend forever backing into a parking spot, blocking the flow of traffic the entire time. I don't understand this.
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Seeing people wearing leggings and yoga pants like they are actual pants/jeans.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    My husband's dumb face, at least once a month.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    People who are too lazy to push the grocery carts they used back to the store or the designated cart collection in the parking lot, and instead leave them in perfectly good parking spots or on curbs.