What do you think about when you workout?

Options

Replies

• 1waj123
    1waj123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    PAtinCO wrote: »
    Yesterday while working out my wife told me that my daughter didn't turn in some homework, which made me really pissed for the entire workout. Afterwards, I grounded her for a month. Felt better. ;)

:). I wish more parents were like you.

I often plan my lessons (in my head) while I work out.

When I'm lifting I think about making sure my form is correct.

Sometimes I have to give myself a pep talk to keep on going!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    On my treadmill, there's a kind of virtual 1/4 mile track, so I count those as I run and I make them into fractions, so like a 3 mile run is 12 quarter laps, so I do 1/12, then 1/6, then 1/4...countdown. I also listen to music and books on tape. When I run outside its either book on tape or whatever's bugging me or my own characters (I'm a screenwriter)
    +1 to that jpg about pancakes. LOL.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How hot I'lll look when I'm doing the workout when I'm smaller. It works ok...
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sex
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    at the gym, when running/walking on the treadmill I kind of get lost in my music. I feel like I am on a mission, I clear my mind of kids, work, life and it is just me and the treadmill and my fave song! If I am doing weights/weight machine I get to a point I do not think I can push another 2 or 3 out and then picture my personal trainer in front of me and get it done! When I am with my trainer I just thank God she is there and pushing me past my limits!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    What I'm gonna eat after...lol
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time to think about much when I'm on the elliptical because I'm doing HIIT with 60 second intervals, so I have to be pretty focused on the timer.

Now that I'm getting a little more endurance in my runs though, and I can jog for 5+ minutes each interval, I'm usually thinking "Keep going, idiot. You're not stopping. You're training for this 5k mud run in August, and stopping isn't an option. Oh, yeah.. "training" for a 5k. ****, you're out of shape if you have to train for a 5k. Oh hey, that girl has a nice backside. Thank you for doing good mornings right in front of me, girl... whomever you are. You've flushed my system with enough testosterone to push through the last part of this. You're awesome."

That, and I watch commercials because there is no sound on the TVs, so it's easier to keep my attention instead of me looking at the timer every few seconds.
  • sakibihabibi
    sakibihabibi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Only thing I think about is lifting the weight in front of me. Everything else is a distraction
  • MRivera422
    MRivera422 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pain is weakness leaving the body! I repeat this and it keeps me going!
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think about the food I can eat now that I've worked out... Oh and whether or not I'm actually going to die or if I'm just that lazy. It's always the latter.

This is so me!
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I think "feck I'm gonna die, feck I'm gonna die...Ooo look at his muscles ripple as he does pull-ups...feck I'm gonna die"

And sometimes "must stop downloading mix albums, what is this sh1t I'm listening to"

And "please don't let me giggle when PT says 'on your knees!"

Lol yeah I agree haha
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lift weights and think about how much strong I've gotten since I've started (these are thoughts outside of the focused counting of reps and controlling the weights). I know this will sound weird, but I'll imagine that I'm some sort of superhero in training.. Lol
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    kzzr wrote: »
    When I'm doing cardio I think about what I would do if there was a Zombie Apocalypse, it keeps me moving lol

There's an app called Zombie Run that actually puts you in that scenario, where you have to run to collect supplies for your camp without getting captured by zombies. I absolutely love it!!!
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If I'm lifting I am just thinking about the lifting; mainly so I don't hurt something!

If I'm running I can let my mind wander and think about EVERYTHING - sometimes work, sometimes not. But I definitely have all my best ideas while running.
  • AshleyRyanWeimer2015
    Options
    when i'm on the treadmill running at first i try to focus on my cadence with the rhythm and my steps then I try to turn my brain off. zone out like meditating.. my breathing smoothes out and that is when i feel the best. unless a crappy song comes on, then it throws me off lol.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful question. As for me, I listen to old 60's, 70's, 80's music and I am in a trance the entire time. lol
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    men. I'm not thinking about working out for them, but I'm thinking about the things I'll be doing to one of them =D
  • sonemoso
    sonemoso Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I listen to the birds and watch nature when I'm mountain biking or running. (I live in the Alps
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When doing cardio I think of N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I go to this blank white room in my mind that is devoid of anything. When I'm strength training I mostly think about sex, lol