Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you think about when you workout?

1235»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Sex
    One honest person in the bunch!!

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i watch (read) the tv, daydream, wait for my current song to be over so i can decrease/increase intensity, people watch (my fave is watching the females clients try and flirt with the personal trainers LOL)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Depends what... On the treadmill at the gym (fast walks at an incline) I focus on my music while I play solitaire (I love the new treadmills, LOL). Time flies, I love it. At home, I'm doing Les Mills Combat, which I actually really like (I'm on my second round). Now I know the moves so it's anything from thinking about what I'm going to make for lunch to 'oh I kick higher now' and sometimes yes 'Is it over yet?', but I have a lot of 'this is actually fun' and 'look how hard I'm punching too'.

A few months ago I spent a whole hour on the treadmill fantasizing about having pizza for lunch, where I would get the pizza, or if I should make one instead... Seriously, the whole hour. I ended up going to a pizza place for lunch after.
  • kjac1992
    kjac1992 Posts: 16 Member
    I work out with my sister and we make everything a competition. so my thoughts are generally "I hate you" or "I can do better than her" hahaha
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    On the treadmill I count the seconds between each .01 of mile while listening to music. Plus, I am always doing some type of speed interval, like today 1 minute at 6.2mph, 2 minutes at 6.5mph, 2 minutes at 6.8mph - repeat so I have to focus on the minutes passing. It can be pretty tedious. I like the idea of listening to a book... I'll have to try that.

At the gym I do the counting and interval thing, plus try to read the closed captioning on the overhead TVs - lol. I also get distracted by people working out next to me. The time at the gym always goes by faster than at home...
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    I honestly have no idea what I think about!! Kinda want to go to the gym again so I can find out :)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    I try to block out everything except my form and breathing...
    (Except for the loud AC/DC and various other tracks pounding in my ears)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    How long until I get some noticeable muscle growth...other than that I don't think about anything, it's my time to de stress and not think about all the idiots out there.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    I think of people I don't like and resolve to be in better shape than them. Is that awful?
    Lol that's funny, not awful
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,218 Member
    I try to be focused and move with control whether it is cardio or weight training. This allows me to be more connected with my body and I feel more satisfied with the work outs and I've noticed I burn more calories too. When I am doing a plank, or a yoga pose I imagine I am a tree or a mountain and my core is is solid as those things. When I am doing cardio, whatever moves I am doing I try to get so focus that I imagine I am that cardio move itself. And that everything about the way I move is perfect and that I have the endurance to go on for a long time. When I lift I imagine I am a bear or tiger and I have some of their power. This is just a few examples of some of the imagery I use. Anyway, I used to move mindlessly or I used to think about others when I worked out but I noticed it's all a distraction. The work outs should be about strengthening the body/mind connection, increasing your cardio-respiratory fitness, posture, structure, muscles etc.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    The end of the pool. The next lap (walk or swim I alternate). The 42nd and final minute. I am extremely near sighted and when I don't have ear plugs in pool, I use hearing aids. So, basically in the pool I am blind and deaf. It's pretty easy for me to focus. LOL.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Yep. It's confirmed! I think about absolutely nothing when I'm at the gym! And that's probably the only time during my day where that happens!
  • MITCHBBR
    MITCHBBR Posts: 1 Member
    "If Britney can make it through 2007, I can make it through this workout." Terrible but true! Lol