Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I find it really hilarious actually that "everyone" is trying to find some "way to look" to be attractive to someone else.

It's like b**th, look the way YOU wanna look. Not the other way around.

For me personally, a guys personality is the first thing that attracts me to them, not physically. I notice all that *kitten* later after I am completely smitten. :3 lol

Same here. If someone asks me, "Do you think he is cute?" I always say I can't tell without getting to know him first.

I will have opinions on whether someone I don't know is cute or not, but it's totally overridden by personality once I know him or her.

^^ this

I've had plenty of experience with people I once thought were attractive becoming very, very ugly once I learned more about them. In fact, I learned that the guys to whom I had the most initial "chemistry" attraction were pretty much the worst for me, lol.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    It's three pm and I just realized I've spent all day crying because I feel bad about myself -_- This is getting crazy, I think I need to get some sort of help.

Aw, sorry. Maybe you do need to talk to somebody. Honestly, feeling bad and beating yourself up will never get you anywhere except for more depressed. Treat yourself the same way you would treat a beloved friend.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in 2013, and in 2 years, I've lost 8 pounds. I'm over age 60; it's very difficult. Blood pressure med makes me sluggish. Depression slows you down. ..... Not being in the work world, now, less motivation.....but cholesterol numbers, glucose numbers will wake you up. . I tell the young ones...... Get into a life time food plan and exercise routine, so that it IS your life style.. not just a quick fix, or a temporary habit. Aim for the best numbers possible and take care of yourself. Life is good..... and / or can be good. When you are physically fit, your mental health encourages you to set big goals and aim for your dreams. And.... they will come true.... but you have to take care of yourself..I aim to lose the additional 20 pounds.... I will do it.... I'm staying with MFP.... and I know I'm older... but I want to live a quality life.... enjoying music, walking, activities, friends, family.... and lots of fun ...... You want to live a healthy life ..... until you can't ..... I encourage all of you before menopause, including the men..... to take good care of yourselves...... ditch the bad habits, trash bags, barfing, starving, and quick fix diets....... All the best... ( Former Teacher, 40 years service. )
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's three pm and I just realized I've spent all day crying because I feel bad about myself -_- This is getting crazy, I think I need to get some sort of help.

:( there is no shame in getting help. Find someone to help you. No one should feel like that.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm in a horrible mood today and I hate everything and everyone. It will do me well to stay out of here today because I might say something I'll regret.

I call those "Mondays"
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »
    You are wonderful as you are. I am sorry you are feeling bad. Take Care. Laura
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I'm sorry! Yes, try to find someone to talk to or whatever helps. If that is your dog in your picture pretty sure he/she would be willing to play or go for a walk to perk you up!

Thank you both! Yes, I just need to pry myself off the internet and focus on something else.

Honestly sometimes you just need to cry about everything and get it out. It happens to everyone.

Hell, happened to me last week. I have a bad tendency to bottle things up so I know where you are coming from.

Big hugs to you, I know that once you get in that mood it's hard to stop.

If you need help focusing on something mynoise.net offers some amazing soundscapes and relaxing sounds to ease yourself. Helps me, hope it helps you. :D

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really, really annoyed that MFP is releasing a Premium version that contains so many features their loyal users have been asking for since Lord-knows-when. I feel like an old friend has betrayed me. :|:s:'(

Wait...what? That's crazy...
    I agree. I've been here since 2011 (on my first account) and 2012 on this account.
  • moxiepurple
    moxiepurple Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I mix the unsweetened baking powder with water & drink it. Its a little like black coffee, but, this is how I get my fix most of the time. :/
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Today's confession - just saw this on pinterest. It would be all of my carbs for 5 days. Still want one.
    chocolate-chip-cookie-smores5+text..jpg

AHH I want one! That looks tasty!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So I noticed that if you go to your diary on the computer, if you don't scroll down you don't have to see all the big red numbers because your goal doesn't show on top.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I noticed that if you go to your diary on the computer, if you don't scroll down you don't have to see all the big red numbers because your goal doesn't show on top.
    Brilliant!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    SAFCMDO wrote: »
    I can eat 32 jaffa cakes in one go

Jaffa cakes are one of those thy things I want to try someday, just so I get what people are talking about. Our import food section doesn't have them. Only problem is I'd be sick for a few days after.

I want to try them, too. I've seen Digestives and Hobnobs in the import section of a local grocery store. I'm almost afraid to try them because if I like them, I'd probably down 32 of them in one go as well. :)

Just FYI... They're amazingly delicious. Only the McVities ones though, the rest taste like cardboard. And the chocolate covered digestives.... Mmmmmm.

Don't do it ......those things are so darn good and you cant stop at one.

Good to know. I will be avoiding that aisle then because they are McVities brand and I probably would inhale the entire container.
  • overlook237
    Options
    I skipped going grocery shopping and running errands and went to the salon instead to treat myself to a haircut. Shoulder-length hair is gone, and now I'm sporting a Mia Farrow in "Rosemary's Baby" pixie cut. And I love it. :)
  • rebekahmormon
    rebekahmormon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I know the embarrassing feeling. v.v

Me as well
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm usually randomly here and reading/confessing. I remembered a couple 100 pages back quite a few of you are into serial killers, as I am so I spent most of my afternoon that day reading all the links. I figured if you are into that you may be interested in this http://www.dionaea-house.com/default.htm
    It's a 20-40 minute read but man it's interesting and chilling. Enjoy! =D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I should change my goal to 'gain 1/2 pound a week' during PMS week so I stop seeing red numbers.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I should change my goal to 'gain 1/2 pound a week' during PMS week so I stop seeing red numbers.

I enjoyed this post.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Daughter update
    She is pissed at me. She is pissed at doctor.
    She has lost weight and weighs a little less than she did 2.5 years ago in middle school. Her urine is dilute. I am to toss or hide the scale in the house. I am to toss her full length mirror (It DOES make people look fat - I tried to get rid of it before but she wanted to keep it.) She is getting tested for thyroid, etc to see if there is a physical cause. She is to eat bigger breakfasts and lunches and make sure she has a good protein at lunch time, some spinach leaves do not make a balanced lunch. She is to try to not eat until she feels pain (stop eating before it hurts). I will also take her to a nutricianist to confirm she should be eating 1400-1600 calories a day and that she is getting the right foods. We go back to the doctor in a month. I think she is at a healthy weight - but certainly could gain weight and still be in the healthy weight range. The doctor and I will be in touch. The doctor talked to her about this is a challenging time of life but to try to enjoy it and it is ok if she does not pass all her APs and enter college with basically her freshman year completed already. The doctor suggested she try meditation daily too.

Thank you all.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I skipped going grocery shopping and running errands and went to the salon instead to treat myself to a haircut. Shoulder-length hair is gone, and now I'm sporting a Mia Farrow in "Rosemary's Baby" pixie cut. And I love it. :)
    Cute!!
    I love my hair very short or very long and not in-between. Short is very sassy and spicy!

• overlook237
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Cute!!
    I love my hair very short or very long and not in-between. Short is very sassy and spicy!

:) I love that! I think if I ever change my username here, that's gonna be it.