What is YOUR least favorite part of having a healthy lifestyle?

Replies

• littlemissfitnurse
    littlemissfitnurse Posts: 4 Member
    CHEESECAKE.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    betuel75 wrote: »
    Not being able to eat anything i want anytime i want in any quantity i want. Also having to prep meals everynight rather than eating out and eating whatever and in any quantity i want.

Yes, yes, yes. I can't agree with this enough.

Also guilt or itchy feeling I get when I can't exercise or don't meet a particular exercise goal for the day if I did.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Other people asking for tips then not following them at all.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Coming up with lunch ideas. Breakfast I have down. Dinner I have the right portion of whatever the family is having. Lunch kills me.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited April 2015
    I strongly dislike complete rest days! When my body tells me to take a break I listen though.

When people I know ask me how I lost and kept the weight off and I get that 'glazed eye' look when I don't mention a diet plan or pills.

Lastly, being at gatherings and having the food police study what I am eating and how much. Very annoying.

Edited to add...I have never been a big drinker, but being healthy changed my taste buds and I no longer enjoy the taste of alcohol. At times this opens me up to being judged. I just pay it no mind and think of all of the calories I'm saving. :wink:

I'm sooooo happy though! I feel freaking fantastic, I look great, I'm strong and have crazy endurance. Life's good!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    The comments..... I hate when people feel the need to ask me a) are you one of those health freaks? b) why do you count macros before we eat or when i look at nutritional info etc when you don't need to diet c) do you have an eating disorder? was by far the best I had at a buffet couple months ago! (Okay I was writting sown what I ate and it was alot but cheat day people. Cheat day!)

Also how freakishly anal I am about my shopping lists. Swear to god shopping lists are my god. Love planning my grocery but i do get obsessed.

Wouldn't change a thing though! I'd sooner be healthy than fat or skinny fat (been both. Do not like.) I'd like not to rest on rest days unless I actully have bad doms and my sexy penguin walk on.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    washing pans
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I can't eat as much as my appetite and maintain weight. Not happening in the least bit. I am okay with having to work harder to get the same results I used to, but I sure wish I could eat like I did. So yeah...moderation sucks.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Honestly? The guilt I feel if I slip. It's too slippery a slope to loathing myself for a day (or two). Not to mention emotionally exhausting.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Edited to add...I have never been a big drinker, but being healthy changed my taste buds and I no longer enjoy the taste of alcohol. This can open me up to being judged. I just think of all of the calories I'm saving and pay it no mind. :wink:

I have no interest in this, but I had many sadz to learn how many calories were in liqueurs like Kahlua. I love Kahlua. White Russian is probably my favorite mixed drink next to an elderflower lemonade. I had to learn to like things like Diet Coke and spiced rum, gin and vodka mixed with Sparkling Ice. Still not a whiskey fan. Yick.

Beers are things where I really DGAF. I have a 24oz bottle of Silver City Fat Scotch Ale at home with my name on it. I have 1.5km more to row today and it's mine. Only took 9km! :D
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Having to dry my hair more often. I sweat too much to skip a day washing, or at least rinsing, it. It's not long but it's thick and curly and I can't just let it air dry. There's a whole process involved and the timing has to be right or else I look like Robert Smith. I mean, if that's my biggest problem in life I lead a pretty charmed existence but it's probably my least favorite part of staying fit.

I've had to start using dry shampoo because if I was it too often I look like a member of the Jackson five.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I love it for the most part. The only thing I sometimes miss is my ignorance. Sure I can still go have a blowout day and not log anything, but I still know about how many calories I've eaten and whether I was really short on protein. Once you know, you can't go back to not knowing.
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    I hate having to mentally plan ahead to drink alcohol.

Yes same here. I can't sit around on a Saturday night with a few beers playing Halo. Unless I have exersized enough during the day to earn it or carry over some calories from the day before.

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »

"Not being able to eat anything i want anytime i want in any quantity i want. Also having to prep meals everynight rather than eating out and eating whatever and in any quantity i want."

Yes, yes, yes. I can't agree with this enough.

Also guilt or itchy feeling I get when I can't exercise or don't meet a particular exercise goal for the day if I did.

This for me...
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Being around people who don't get it.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Agree with the having to plan ahead to drink and/or go out for meals.

Also, jealously of those who just go home after work and watch tv and eat takeout. Gym and preparing your own food IS worth it (don't get me wrong!) but can be time consuming.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Nothing, absolutely nothing.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    How much time it takes and the guilt I feel.

I'm the mom of a 4 year old and it's bad enough that I'm at work all day. But, then I wake up really early to go walking, so I'm tired in the evening when I'm spending time with her. I do take her on walks, but, she's obviously walking more for fun, so she 'stops to smell the roses' and I really need to get a burn going.. lol I want her to love exercise though, so I don't rush her, AND I don't lock her into a stroller. BUT, that means it's not really exercise for me. We'll do exercise videos together on days we didn't make it to the park, but, I'll be pushing through it and she'll decide to run over and get a hug. Of course I stop for her. Can usually get started again in a couple of minutes, but, then it's hard to get the heart rate up again.

I feel guilty because we don't really buy any fun kid food. I don't want her to grow up obese like I was, but, I do want her to experience a full life with all the silly little treats that are part of childhood, just in moderation. Unfortunately, she has a crappy mom who will eat ALL the kid food instead of eat in moderation. My husband will take her to Mcdonalds once a week for a kids meal. But, we don't have hot dogs, cheese noodles, chicken nuggets, ice cream, ramen noodles, candy and all that other fun stuff in the house at all. She's never had a soda. She's had chips a couple times in her life. On the bright side, she loves beans, veggies, all fruit, water, any meat; I mean she's not a picky eater at all. I just feel bad that I'm not teaching her moderation.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Not being as spontaneous when it comes to eating out. I often leave only 300 cal for dinner, and then I am simply not happy when someone suggests we eat out, or if someone invites me over to dinner etc. That's sad because it's part of life but I really don't want to ruin my day at 6pm when I've done so well until then. So I am saying no more often than I would want.
    My calorie budget is very tight though, since I am working on the last 6lbs.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'll be honest, some days I miss the willful (sometimes blissful) ignorance of the food intake I used to have. Seriously, I can't believe how such a smart person such as I was so STUPID about nutrition and appropriate portions. But, alas, my appetite meter is still broken. So I will continue food logging.

And sweating. I don't like it. But I love the results and enjoy working out, so I will happily continue my healthful, awesome ways. Even if that means I shower and/or change clothes midway through the day while on campus (I workout or have a walking session during lunch break).